***The Northman***

13,783 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FL_Ag1998
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Forgive me if I missed the official movie thread if one has been made already, but I didn't see one when I searched the form.

Supposedly this is getting amazing reviews. I know it really piqued my interest when the first trailer dropped, so I'm really excited to hear these reports.

Intense Viking movie...Robert Eggers...Willem Dafoe...Anya Taylor-Joy.....how can you not get excited? I'm counting down the days to the 22nd.

https://www.cinemablend.com/movies/the-northman-has-screened-check-out-what-people-are-saying-about-alexander-skarsgards-viking-thriller

astros4545
AG
Yep, this trailer looked badass in theaters
TCTTS
AG
I'm sooooo ready for this.

Bring it.
Thunder18
AG
Looking forward to this
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Eggers' movies have done nothing for me, but I do like this cast, so I'm going in with low expectations but cautiously optimistic.
Anchorhold
This is the second movie directed by Eggers for both Dafoe and Taylor-Joy
TCTTS
AG
The Witch remains one of the most visceral, thrilling, creepy-as-hell cinematic experiences I've ever had in a theater. Just a flat out amazing and disturbing movie.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

The Witch remains one of the most visceral, thrilling, creepy-as-hell cinematic experiences I've ever had in a theater. Just a flat out amazing and disturbing movie.

One of the most intense films I've seen in the last 10 years
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
FL_Ag1998
AG
I realize that sometimes the immediate reviews when an embargo drops can be overly enthusiastic for what ends up being just a good movie, but for some reason I believe these (or just want to believe them) and feel like this one will truly live up to these reviews.

Debating whether to take my 13 yr old son. Being an Eggers movie its a gamble whether he'll get into and understand it. But he's shown interest in the trailer and I get the feeling this one will be more "accessible" to him than something like The Lighthouse.
Madmarttigan
AG
I assumed this was some cheesy Viking pic but y'all have piqued my interest.
Formerly tv1113
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anyone who claims to have enjoyed The Lighthouse is lying, pretentious, or both.
GoAgs92
AG
Willem Dafoe seems like he might be playing the same character as the light house which I loved.

Just Kidding it was confusing as hell.
Sapper Redux
I would love for it to be a classic, but this genre of movie is great. I'll settle for an updated "13th Warrior," a very underrated film.
brew82
The 13th Warrior is one of my favorites.
IrishAg
My buddy and I were just talking about how it was such an underrated movie, and that it seems like so many people talk it down like it lost them money or something.

Looking forward to this movie!
GoAgs92
AG
Saw the trailer in the theater, next trailer was Sonic the Hedgehog….it was funny to see the character in each movie catch a projectile and fling it back at the enemy.

Movie is not my wheelhouse so it would need rave reviews from reviewers I like to go see.
Thunder18
AG
Sapper Redux said:

I would love for it to be a classic, but this genre of movie is great. I'll settle for an updated "13th Warrior," a very underrated film.

Lo there do I see my father; Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers; Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.
Thunder18
AG
Ddp
YouBet
AG
You had me at "Vikings", "Epic Revenge Tale", and "Conan the Barbarian".

My freaking God. This started today i assume. Will be going this weekend.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.