*** ATLANTA *** (Season 3)

11,607 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Sex Panther
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Returns next week. They've already filmed season four as well - they shot both seasons back-to-back - which releases later this year (I'm assuming fall). It sounds like most if not all of season three takes place abroad, while season four apparently returns fully to Atlanta.

Seeing as it's somehow been FOUR YEARS since season two ended (which makes absolutely no sense), I would highly recommend rewatching at least episodes nine and eleven of season two as a refresh (episode ten is a flashback to when they were kids, and not imperative). All I remembered was that they were on the plane, leaving for the tour at the end of season two, but I hardly remembered anything else, and both episodes really helped jog my memory.

Can't wait to get back into this show...

Atlanta
Season 3 (10 Episodes)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4288182/
March 24, 2022
FX / FX on Hulu

jbanda
AG
I'm so glad this is back.
TCTTS
AG
Curious to see if episodes are going to be up on Hulu on Thursdays as well, or if we have to wait a day. I can't find confirmation either way. I have FX via YouTube TV, so I can get episodes on Thursday regardless, but the quality on the apps/Hulu is so much better, I'd almost rather wait 'til Friday if I have to.
TCTTS
AG
Also, just FYI, reactions to the first two episodes dropped a couple days ago and are, unsurprisingly, crazy good. Effusively so.
T Durden
AG
Any way to watch season 1 and 2 without Hulu?
Sex Panther
AG
I'm sure you can rent/buy them on Amazon or Apple
T Durden
AG
I'm hoping for a rerun marathon on fxx or something.
TCTTS
AG
If you have FX/FXX through your cable provider, I would be surprised if the first two seasons aren't available on demand at least.
T Durden
AG
I'll give that a try. I never look at the on demand titles. Thx.
GoAgs92
AG
Rewatching season 1 right now...so good.
TCTTS
AG
For anyone else curious, it looks like the first episode of season three drops on Hulu tonight at midnight Pacific, with the second episode dropping at 1 AM Pacific. For me, on FX/cable, the guide has the first episode premiering at 10 PM Pacific tonight, with the second episode immediately following. That said, many of you might be getting it at 9 PM Central, a full three hours before I do. So, all that said, I think this is going to be a Friday show for me...
CDub06
AG
Been looking forward to this day for a while!
Teddy Perkins
AG
Been too long. Glad we're getting two on night one.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
tylercsbn9
AG
First episode was chilling because I immediately knew it was based on real events. Was familiar with the story. Thankfully it ended way better than the real life events.

Hart family murders for those not familiar.
GoAgs92
AG
Watched about half of the episode before I figured out where the story came from.
GoAgs92
AG
And your post about the episode is technically a spoiler, may want to hide that part.
TCTTS
AG
First episode was depressing/chilling/random as hell.

Second episode was great. The super nice police station/officers had me cracking up.
GoAgs92
AG
Second episode seemed to shoehorn Van in for no good reason.
TCTTS
AG
Did you expect an entire season abroad without her?
GoAgs92
AG
Didn't know the whole season was abroad….thanks spoiler king.

They could have come up with a plausible reason, they literally had nothing….maybe the real reason will come up later.
TCTTS
AG
That's not a "spoiler." The actors/filmmakers have said as much themselves multiple times, and we've talked about it more than once in this very thread.

Also, they literally gave a plausible reason. Van said she's trying to find some kind of purpose/is looking for answers/needed to clear her head. I've seen entire movies built on less, and it seemed perfectly plausible to me. She's aimless and desperate. Sure, it's also a plot gimmick to include her in this season, but it didn't ring at all hollow to me, and the entire premise of her arc in episode two services her stated motivation.
GoAgs92
AG
I specifically don't read about a show I am about to watch, keeps things fresh.

So to me, it's a spoiler.

Van basically abandons her daughter at Christmas time? C'mon man. People with no job who are basically broke don't fly to Europe much to spend time with an ex….totally contrived.
TCTTS
AG
Just a thought, but maybe don't post on/read a message board thread devoted to a show you want to nothing about? No one here is going to post any legit spoilers for episodes that haven't yet aired, but no one is going to bend over backwards for you either, when it comes to innocuous facts the network/filmmakers themselves have stated over and over again.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
GoAgs92 said:

I specifically don't read about a show I am about to watch, keeps things fresh.

Yet here you are.
GoAgs92
AG
I skimmed past the OP…and most posts to be honest.

Was just curious when the new season was dropping, did a rewatch, then hit the thread again after watching the first two to see what people thought of them.

My bad.
GoAgs92
AG
TCTTS said:

Just a thought, but maybe don't post on/read a message board thread devoted to a show you want to nothing about? No one here is going to post any legit spoilers for episodes that haven't yet aired, but no one is going to bend over backwards for you either, when it comes to innocuous facts the network/filmmakers themselves have stated over and over again.
Go watch the oscars. At least they are already ruined.
TCTTS
AG
Good one.
GoAgs92
AG
So many cool categories cut from the broadcast.

Presenters of the following awards cut from the telecast:
  • Best Animated Short Film
  • Best Documentary Short Subject
  • Best Film Editing
  • Best Live Action Short Film
  • Best Makeup and Hairstyling
  • Best Original Score
  • Best Production Design
  • Best Sound
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TCTTS said:

First episode was depressing/chilling/random as hell.

Second episode was great. The super nice police station/officers had me cracking up.

Yeah the first episode was nuts. He was comparing the woke white saviors as modern day slave owners right? It seemed not very subtle, but I'm also not the best at recognizing symbolism.

Edit: just saw that first episode is based on a true story.

https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/crimefeed/murder/hart-family-jennifer-hart-sarah-hart-devonte-hart-suv-crash
TCTTS
AG
Latest episode is vintage Atlanta (except set in London). So random and so funny.

I also love how they've basically skipped ahead to when they're obviously pretty successful and seemingly have a decent amount of money, as this isn't the European tour they left for at the end of season two. I noticed in episode two that they referenced coming through Amsterdam last year on tour, so this is at least a year or two after season two. Such an Atlanta thing to do and just skip right over all that and what we were expecting (though the pandemic might have forced their hand a bit in that regard too).
GoAgs92
AG
Nandos...haha.

Van still....?
TCTTS
AG
GoAgs92 said:

Nandos...haha.

Van still....?

Again, what are you expecting? Van is on the poster. She's one of the main four cast members. It's a show about all four of them. Are they just supposed to send her home or not have her be part of the season? They're clearly building toward something with her.
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm not sure who I hate more, the people injecting politics out of left field into threads or the ones that click on a SEASON SPECIFIC THREAD on a show and complain about spoilers.

Holy ****, stop opening threads if you are that concerned.
Formerly tv1113
GoAgs92
AG
Hate is a pretty strong word for my innocuous post.

Seek anger management, weirdo.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.