*** Better Call Saul - Season 6 ***

379,594 Views | 4308 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aTmAg
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stive said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Thought it was a great episode but what made Carol Burnett's character go from watching cat videos to suddenly thinking Gene was some conman from Albuquerque? I thought he handled the phone call well with her so that seemed like a bit of a stretch. Maybe I'm just nitpicking.

He was talking about the difference in bail in the two states/cities and it clued her in that he had been there and was familiar with their bail rules (as well as Nebraska's). That got her curious and it wasn't a big leap from there.
Or it even triggered a memory for her. She had also noticed them going into the garage really late, so she had her guard up
PatAg
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

mazzag said:

Know Your Enemy said:

All she had to do was Ask Jeeves.

If she can look up cat videos, she can look up Saul videos. I knew that laptop would do him in.

Yup. I posted maybe ten pages back that Reddit had a theory that Marion would find Saul on YouTube. I hate and love that site, but wish I'd have steered clear in hindsight since they ended up being right.
Yea, I just assume any theory like that is someone that found leaked info and passes it off as their own idea
K Bo
AG
Bosco said:

Saul's car looks like it had been burned at the end there?

I'm curious about the timeline of the charred car in the preview for the finale. It looked like a Suzuki Esteem, which is the car Jimmy drove. Saul had a Ford Taurus then Caddy and I think Gene was driving a Saturn.
DannyDuberstein
AG
PatAg said:

Stive said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Thought it was a great episode but what made Carol Burnett's character go from watching cat videos to suddenly thinking Gene was some conman from Albuquerque? I thought he handled the phone call well with her so that seemed like a bit of a stretch. Maybe I'm just nitpicking.

He was talking about the difference in bail in the two states/cities and it clued her in that he had been there and was familiar with their bail rules (as well as Nebraska's). That got her curious and it wasn't a big leap from there.
Or it even triggered a memory for her. She had also noticed them going into the garage really late, so she had her guard up

Yeah, she was already suspicious after seeing the garage interaction where the Gene out there was nothing like the friendly ol Gene she was getting to know. She also knows Jefffie has a habit of falling in with the "wrong people", and it was odd Jeffie called Gene first. The bail description just sealed that something was up
Tobias Funke
AG
PatAg said:

Ervin Burrell said:

mazzag said:

Know Your Enemy said:

All she had to do was Ask Jeeves.

If she can look up cat videos, she can look up Saul videos. I knew that laptop would do him in.

Yup. I posted maybe ten pages back that Reddit had a theory that Marion would find Saul on YouTube. I hate and love that site, but wish I'd have steered clear in hindsight since they ended up being right.
Yea, I just assume any theory like that is someone that found leaked info and passes it off as their own idea

Exact reason it annoys me when people read theories on Reddit and run over here to post them. The whole "give a million monkeys a million typewriters" thing takes some of the fun out of the show, even if the theories are only partially correct.
Complete Idiot
K Bo said:

Bosco said:

I'm curious about the timeline of the charred car in the preview for the finale. It looked like a Suzuki Esteem, which is the car Jimmy drove. Saul had a Ford Taurus then Caddy and I think Gene was driving a Saturn.
It's an Esteem and it's in an arroyo, but in a different position than the one he and Lalo left.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
So... what do we do with our lives a week from today?
not hedge
I've been listening to "On a clear day" by the peddlers and looking at BCS memes
Jack Cheese
AG
I started BB for the fourth time. I have a problem.
Complete Idiot
I enjoyed Carol Burnett getting a good role, and doing well in it. Around age 10, maybe younger, I'd watch Carol Burnett show reruns (it wouldnt have been long after show was cancelled, I'm old) - first skit comedy show I ever watched. She was beloved by fans of that show, and it ran a very long time - with reunions and specials still happening a few years ago. It was a big show back then, and she was a big star. 89 years old, still performing - and her character too sharp for a careless Saul.
Rudyjax
AG
San Antonio's own Carol Burnett!

not hedge
[If you post something like that again on this board you will get a long ban. Thank you to the posters that used the flag option. -Staff]
Know Your Enemy
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

oragator said:

And I guess I was the only one who didn't even recognize Kim until her name plate showed at work. They did a great job of really changing her,

Bob's three words to describe the finale were "hard won truth".

Gilligan said fans should get their depends ready.

So many directions it could go now, gonna be fun.

How in God's name did you not recognize Kim before then? I literally have no words to describe how oblivious you could be to not recognize that that was simply Kim with brunette hair. Do you have macular degeneration or something?

Also, as an aside…brunette Kim>>blonde Kim.
Couldn't disagree more and I generally prefer brunettes to blondes.
not hedge
Agreed, maybe if florida Kim did not have bangs and dressed better
TriumphForks
AG
I wonder how long it took for Marion to load that Saul Goodman commercial on her dialup connection. I remember back in the day it took like 30 minutes to download a 4 minute song!
Complete Idiot
rucker said:

[If you post something like that again on this board you will get a long ban. Thank you to the posters that used the flag option. -Staff]
It was posted before and that post still exists in this thread - not that I think it's right, just odd no one flagged it before.

I think the emotional content from the character in last night's episode made it seem that much more offensive, even if a joke. Context matters.
Quinn
AG
Bosco said:

Another masterpiece episode tonight.

Random thoughts:

What a depressing scene of Kim signing the divorce papers and then walking out into the rain. Saul's "have a nice life" line seemed a bit much and slightly out of character, but it could just be classic male bravado.

Kim's new life …wow. Discussing pipe fittings for a sprinkler company…just kill me now and get it over with.

I will agree with the previous poster that mentioned Howard's widow….there may be something there in the finale.

It seems out of character with Jimmy, who we have come to know and love, but it's perfectly in line with Saul. It was pretty jarring, but I think it rings true to who he was at that time.
Complete Idiot
Quinn said:

Bosco said:

Another masterpiece episode tonight.

Random thoughts:

What a depressing scene of Kim signing the divorce papers and then walking out into the rain. Saul's "have a nice life" line seemed a bit much and slightly out of character, but it could just be classic male bravado.

Kim's new life …wow. Discussing pipe fittings for a sprinkler company…just kill me now and get it over with.

I will agree with the previous poster that mentioned Howard's widow….there may be something there in the finale.

It seems out of character with Jimmy, who we have come to know and love, but it's perfectly in line with Saul. It was pretty jarring, but I think it rings true to who he was at that time.
He made her wait an hour in the lobby, then the awful callousness in person. I did wonder how much time had passed between the apartment pack up scene and that scene where they signed the paper - it was a drastic change in Jimmy, so you would think quite a bit of time had passed. She wasn't in Florida yet though, I don't think, he was asking why she was heading there.
Know Your Enemy
AG
rucker said:

Damn. What did I miss?
Complete Idiot
Wanted to go back a read a Season 1 BCS thread on here, only found threads for seasons 2 through 6. Was there really not a Season 1 thread on texags?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
My completely worthless thoughts and questions:

I miss some minor details on first watch, but I immediately noticed the reflection in Gene's glasses being in color.

I get the hair color and frumpy clothes, even the mind numbing job, but why did they write her to be such a tool with that dude and the whole discussion. I can see her being weird around the Karens but why tie yourself to that complete loser?

Howard's wife is over. She asked about chances of charges and then even with the potential civil suit, but I think that scene was needed to show that Kim completely washed her past and will take any consequences. Now there can be a spin off when she sheds loser bang partner and the Karens and ends up reapplying to the bar and representing all forms of Florida Man (yeah, hoping more than potential fact). She didn't take any of the sandpiper money so she is at her new starting point.

Don't know why we see that car (didn't notice it was burned out) but I'm betting on a final scene that rolls overhead and showing Gene/Jimmy/Saul like the open grave to the bed scene where he meets his demise in the desert he despises so much.

Much, much better Jessie scene with the rain and noise so his voice was better and he looked more like the old character in that time frame.

Glad Lalo was not an afterthought, throw away line.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Duckhook
AG
What's everybody's opinion on Jeff's car crash? Intentional or not? At first I thought it was intentional, but when he got out of the car his demeanor made me re-think that.
PatAg
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Wanted to go back a read a Season 1 BCS thread on here, only found threads for seasons 2 through 6. Was there really not a Season 1 thread on texags?
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2599770
PatAg
AG
Duckhook said:

What's everybody's opinion on Jeff's car crash? Intentional or not? At first I thought it was intentional, but when he got out of the car his demeanor made me re-think that.
I'm with you, my first thought was that he was panicking while looking back in his rear view at the cops. We see that Saul is just taking his sweet time inside, and the POV cuts from Jeff to the police just eating and shooting the breeze.

So when the taxi takes off and wrecks, it made me think he was doing it to allow Jimmy to leave.
The phone calls make me revert back to thinking he just panicked and wrecked trying to 'escape' the cops.
Complete Idiot
PatAg said:

Complete Idiot said:

Weird, it doesn't show up when I do a search of "saul" in thread titles, or "better", or "season 1" - how did you find it? I see all the other seasons when I search.

Thanks!
PatAg
AG
Complete Idiot said:

PatAg said:

Complete Idiot said:

Weird, it doesn't show up when I do a search of "saul" in thread titles, or "better", or "season 1" - how did you find it? I see all the other seasons when I search.

Thanks!
TC's trick is to google Texags + "thread title or topic", that's worked for me to find old show thread discussions.
They can be fun to read along with if you are ever catching up with a show.
TriumphForks
AG
PatAg said:

Duckhook said:

I'm with you, my first thought was that he was panicking while looking back in his rear view at the cops. We see that Saul is just taking his sweet time inside, and the POV cuts from Jeff to the police just eating and shooting the breeze.

So when the taxi takes off and wrecks, it made me think he was doing it to allow Jimmy to leave.
The phone calls make me revert back to thinking he just panicked and wrecked trying to 'escape' the cops.
He definitely just panicked. Kind of weird how this character played out. Ends up being a total loser. He Seemed much more intimidating when it was played by the other actor.
Tobias Funke
AG
I rewound it and it looks like 1) He expected them to give chase, and being an idiot he just gunned it, so 2) It's snowy/icy out and he just completely lost control.

That was a great scene. Cops just minding their own business debating the merits of tacos, and he's over there having a full panic attack. I think we can all probably relate
not hedge
I made a joke about a popular BCS meme about a sequel with Kim and a certain word that rhymes with her name
scoop12
AG
PatAg said:

Complete Idiot said:

PatAg said:

Complete Idiot said:

Thanks!
TC's trick is to google Texags + "thread title or topic", that's worked for me to find old show thread discussions.
They can be fun to read along with if you are ever catching up with a show.

Google has a feature where you can search a specific site. You just have to add site:texags.com at the end of your search. Example:

Better call Saul site:texags.com

You can get even more specific and search a specific forum using the forum url like - site:texags.com/forums/13
Know Your Enemy
AG
rucker said:

I made a joke about a popular BCS meme about a sequel with Kim and a certain word that rhymes with her name
Oh, yeah. I did see that. Lol.
Know Your Enemy
AG
PatAg said:

Duckhook said:

Absolutely he panicked. He's an idiot and certainly not a professional thief.
oragator
Carol was already suspicious last week, they had that short scene of them going to the shed or detached garage and her seeing the three of them out here in the middle of the night. Then Gene starts talking about the laws in Albuquerque, and she got suspicious that this guy was from her son's past life. Made perfect sense to me.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
rucker said:

Mulva?

Dolores?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
not hedge
I'd say the word but don't want to get a ban, iwas warned already
First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 124

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.