New Magnum PI

2,537 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TXAG 05
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What in the **** is this?

It looks like was written, produced by some kind of algorithm. Like they just clicked on 80sreboot.exe and it rendered a show.

Is this a real show?

It looks like a daytime soap opera.

Its like if Days of our Lives with magnum PI character names.

Who is watching this?

Now Lyle Lovett is in this mother *******!

Then Lyle Lovett pops out in a gd bolo tie, a waxed Baurbor jacket and a tan cowboy hat.

What are they doing and what is the point of this?

What is going on here with this show?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Nevermind on that lyle lovett part. That ain't even the same show.

But the point still stands.

Whats happening with this show?

They gonna have TC roll up on a scooter or some s***?

What happened to the dobermans?

Where ricky?

I don't even want to know.
AgTrip
Rick, TC and the "lads" are still there. Was a huge fan of old Magnum PI and I like this new one. It has its cheesy moments but so did the old one. The police chief is one of my faves. The relationship between him and Thomas make me laugh.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Allright.

Imma watch a full episode then.

Maybe I just got in on the tail end of it.
AgTrip
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Allright.

Imma watch a full episode then.

Maybe I just got in on the tail end of it.

Start from the beginning and give it a shot! Hope you like.
TXAG 05
AG
It's not the best show on tv, but it's good and entertaining, although it can be corny at times. Give it a shot. You obviously weren't paying that much attention if you didn't notice that another show had started.
Stat Monitor Repairman
TXAG 05 said:

You obviously weren't paying that much attention if you didn't notice that another show had started.
True.

I will admit that.

But I will also say that shows nowadays dont even have a theme song or intro.

A new show just starts and you balls deep in a whole new show.
Ferg
If you want to see bad try NCIS Hawaii.
double aught
AG
I've never seen it. I don't doubt it's bad. But the setting itself would make it watchable over a bunch of other crappy shows. Anything in Hawaii can't be all bad.
EMY92
AG
Ferg said:

If you want bad, watch the intro for the first season of the original show.

In the second season, they changed the intro music to the great one we all remember.

First theme:

Good one:
torrid
AG
EMY92 said:

Ferg said:

If you want bad, watch the intro for the first season of the original show.

In the second season, they changed the intro music to the great one we all remember.

First theme:

Good one:

They did the same for Simon and Simon. The original for S&S isn't nearly as bad as the one for Magnum, but I still prefer the newer S&S theme.

88Warrior
I'd rather listen to 70's and 80's tv theme songs than what's on the radio today….
AgTrip
Ok who saw that coming!!??

I had a feeling it would happen and I'm kinda excited to see where this goes!
TXAG 05
AG
Just saw that the show got cancelled. Wasn't the best show in the world, but it was fun and entertaining.
AgTrip
TXAG 05 said:

Just saw that the show got cancelled. Wasn't the best show in the world, but it was fun and entertaining.
I agree! Just when the end of the last episode got crazy! I'm bummed about that and I thought it was a fun show too. I guess celebrity game shows are cheaper to make than filming stuff in Hawaii.
oragator
I tried the pilot episode and made it about 15 minutes.
Guess I wasn't alone, just looked, its IMDb score is 5.9, which is pretty awful. For comparison, the original had a 7.5.
Wonder how it made it more than one year, but I guess compared to the crapfest that is network TV these days, that's probably about average.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
AgTrip said:

Did Tom Selleck show up? other than that this isn't worth this excitement.
AgTrip
Arrakis ecologist said:

AgTrip said:

Did Tom Selleck show up? other than that this isn't worth this excitement.
Well I can't tell you without spoiling it for people who may still be watching. The season just ended. But I can say it was a shocker they went there!
Apache
AG
Quote:

I'd rather listen to 70's and 80's tv theme songs than what's on the radio today….

Magnum, Simon & Simon, Hardcastle & McCormick, The Fall Guy, Riptide, Miami Vice, etc... no doubt hooked you in with the theme music.
Music, guns, cars, boats, pretty ladies, kicking a@#...
I was pretty sure I was either going to be a bounty hunter or private detective from ages 7-13.

Gap
AG
I have seen the below statement in a couple of articles about why the show was cancelled. What exactly does it mean? Is it that Universal wanted more for the name than CBS was willing to pay in 2022?

Quote:

The cancellation comes after a long series of talks between CBS and Universal Television over how much the former was willing to pay the latter to license the show.
Claude!
TXAG 05 said:

I guess the show saw the sunrise.
oragator
https://deadline.com/2022/06/magnum-p-i-saved-nbc-usa-network-season-5-renewed-canceled-1235037385/
murphyag
AG
I never watched the new Magnum P.I. series. I still watch reruns of the original show. I think they should have just brought back the original cast and had the story line be that Magnum was coming back to manage the estate because Higgins died (actor who played Higgins is dead). I would have watched the new show if that had been the case.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
murphyag said:

I never watched the new Magnum P.I. series. I still watch reruns of the original show. I think they should have just brought back the original cast and had the story line be that Magnum was coming back to manage the estate because Higgins died (actor who played Higgins is dead). I would have watched the new show if that had been the case.
Then who would be the new PC of the NYPD? Jaime isn't ready.
Ferg
Arrakis ecologist said:

murphyag said:

Then who would be the new PC of the NYPD? Jaime isn't ready.
Leave Frank Reagan in NY and send Danny Reagan.

Rename the show Magnum Pissed Off.
TXAG 05
AG
NBC has picked up the show for 2 10 episode seasons.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.