*** INVASION *** (Apple TV+ Series)

10,219 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Milwaukees Best Light
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Premieres this Friday (or Thursday night, rather). I haven't seen a single reaction or review yet, but the scope of it is insane, and I'm super curious to see if it lives up to its potential...

Invasion
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9737326/
October 22, 2021
Apple TV+

Rocagnante
AG
Sci fi alien invasion series! Heck ya count me in!
TitanAGGIE09
AG
I'm ready for this one as well. Trailers look promising so hope they pan out
AGinHI
AG
Please be good. Please be good. Please be good.
MaroonStain
AG
Yes. Please be good.

After Morning Show tailed off, See is awful and The Foundation was a two episode show, I'm out of AppleTV until Ted Lasso S3 resurfaces.
TCTTS
AG
It's somewhat concerning that I still haven't seen a single commercial, reaction, review, or even casual tweet about this show, yet it debuts in just three days. For something that looks so massive, and like such an event, I'm baffled as to the lack of buzz of any kind, good or bad. I'm hopeful, though. We'll find out soon enough...
israeliag
AG
MaroonStain said:

Yes. Please be good.

After Morning Show tailed off, See is awful and The Foundation was a two episode show, I'm out of AppleTV until Ted Lasso S3 resurfaces.

Give Trying a chance.
israeliag
AG
TCTTS said:

It's somewhat concerning that I still haven't seen a single commercial, reaction, review, or even casual tweet about this show, yet it debuts in just three days. For something that looks so massive, and like such an event, I'm baffled as to the lack of buzz of any kind, good or bad. I'm hopeful, though. We'll find out soon enough...

What was the last good alien invasion show? Heck, what were some previous alien invasion shows?

- There was that one on TNT with a guy from E.R., I watched maybe two seasons before I bowed out.

- There was that V reboot that was canceled kinda early (I think).

- There was one with Sawyer from Lost. Was that any good?

- X-Files had some good alien invasion plots.
Enviroag02
AG
I enjoyed Falling Skies until the tail end of the series. I've been hoping for another similar show!
Rocagnante
AG
Falling Skies: I liked first 2-3 seasons but it fell off fast. The last season was horrible.

V reboot: don't remember much except it had a couple hotties.

Colony: never watched. Tried to get into it streaming but never took.
TCTTS
AG
I don't think there has ever been a truly good, non-networky invasion show. That's what has me both excited and cautious about this one.
jeffk
AG
Any of y'all remember Dark Skies from back in the day? I remember liking it but it was so long ago that it was probably equally hokey to all those already mentioned.
07ag
AG
israeliag said:

TCTTS said:

What was the last good alien invasion show? Heck, what were some previous alien invasion shows?

- There was that one on TNT with a guy from E.R., I watched maybe two seasons before I bowed out.

the expanse kinda counts as an alien invasion show
https://ts.la/eric59704
Counterpoint
AG
I think there was one, maybe 15 years ago, that was also called Invasion? It had a cool concept and I think it was on ABC.
07ag
AG
V?
https://ts.la/eric59704
israeliag
AG
07ag said:

israeliag said:

TCTTS said:

the expanse kinda counts as an alien invasion show

If you stretch the definition that much, you should go with Smallville first.
aggierogue
AG
MaroonStain said:

Yes. Please be good.

I'm actually enjoying See.
Counterpoint
AG
07ag said:

V?

Just looked it up, it WAS also called Invasion.
Spyderman
AG
Thoughts on the reality of "aliens'?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
BowSowy
AG
Spyderman said:

You don't stop, do you?
schmendeler
AG
MaroonStain said:

Yes. Please be good.

What do you mean "foundation was a two episode show?"

This season will have 10 episodes. Episode 6 is coming out this Friday.
schmendeler
AG
It would be awesome if this was good!
TCTTS
AG
schmendeler said:

MaroonStain said:

Yes. Please be good.

What do you mean "foundation was a two episode show?"

This season will have 10 episodes. Episode 6 is coming out this Friday.

I bailed after two episodes, and it sounds like a few other people did as well. I think that's what he's referring to.
TCTTS
AG
Just looked again, and I still can't find a single reaction, nor word of the embargo lift date for reviews. And it comes out tomorrow night. That's usually not a good sign, but we shall see...
schmendeler
AG
Oh interesting. I've still been enjoying it but maybe that's because I've read and loved the books. It's been a fairly slow burn imo.
israeliag
AG
I'm watching it week to week, but Foundation is clearly better suited to a binge.
schmendeler
AG
Agreed
C@LAg
israeliag said:

I'm watching it week to week, but Foundation is clearly better suited to a binge.
yeah, i am waiting until the season is complete before watching it.

i will still likely bail early, but I would rather have the option to plow through with it if it is intriguing enough.
Spyderman
AG
BowSowy said:

Spyderman said:

You don't stop, do you?
Thoughts on this reality?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Faustus
schmendeler said:

Oh interesting. I've still been enjoying it but maybe that's because I've read and loved the books. It's been a fairly slow burn imo.
I've enjoyed it too.
An L of an Ag
AG
Ted Lasso is awesome, and Morning Show was a decent diversion. However, with the imminent start of the new seasons of both Yellowstone (Paramount) and The Expanse (Amazon Prime), Apple TV was gonna be on the bench for a while anyway in my house.
C@LAg
Spyderman said:

BowSowy said:

Spyderman said:

You don't stop, do you?
Thoughts on this reality?
I am an actual extraterrestrial alien, here to breed with Earth women and drink all your coffee.

and you do not know what you are talking about
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

I am an actual extraterrestrial alien, here to breed with Earth women and drink all your coffee.
I thought you were here for the anal probing.
C@LAg
Belton Ag said:

Quote:

I thought you were here for the anal probing.

Our current sample population is full, but i can put you on the waiting list.

we even offer a Pumpkin Spice Option if you go for the double probing.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Our current sample population is full
Been probing a lot, huh?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.