FX Impeachment - American Crime Story (Lewinsky)

2,824 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by pinkdog
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone watching?

Pretty awkward....
All I could picture was John Goodman as Linda Tripp
Btron
AG
Looking to watch this. OJ was awesome and done very well
What is awkward? What does that mean?
DeangeloVickers
AG
Btron said:

You'll just have to watch and see if you feel the same.
Lewinsky produced it...so that also has me pausing...it's just been clunky, weird intros, etc.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm pretty sure that's just a title they gave her to get the inside scoop. I don't think Monica Lewinsky was wheeling and dealing to get certain actors cast and securing locations.

All of the reviews I've read say it's outstanding, looking forward to starting it soon.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Btron said:

Still the best series on Netflix

Had hopes for this but everyone in the previews was about 50lbs heavier than real life
TXAG 05
AG
Watched the first episode last night, just intros and getting the pieces in place, but thought it was good.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG

Every time I hear Linda Tripp's name I think of this sketch.
American Crime Story is 2/2 for People vs. OJ and Assassination of Versace, I believe they will be 3/3.
bonfarr
AG
I tried to watch the first episode and it was really bad. The actress cast to play Monica is about 50 pounds too fat to play the part. Midway through I thought the show was really sympathetic to lewinsky then I googlef the show and saw she was an Executive Producer on the series
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
rhutton125
AG
I couldn't really stick with Versace but I'm hoping this one is well received. I'll keep an eye on this thread.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bonfarr said:

I tried to watch the first episode and it was really bad. The actress cast to play Monica is about 50 pounds too fat to play the part. Midway through I thought the show was really sympathetic to lewinsky then I googlef the show and saw she was an Executive Producer on the series
Just so we're clear, you're saying this person weighs 50 pounds more than Monica Lewinsky in 1995-1996.

bonfarr
AG
Yes
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
MookieBlaylock
AG
That is what I said

The actor who plays Clinton looks more like Greg Poppovich

The Milkman
AG
That's Clive Owen
MookieBlaylock
AG
The Milkman said:

That's Clive Owen

Well the makeup people made him look loke Popovich and monica looks more like Ricky Lake

The anne coulter voice is eerily accurate and easily the best casting

HerschelwoodHardhead
AG
The Milkman said:

That's Clive Owen

Agreed that the makeup is rough for him, but I think Clive is nailing the voice, accent, and overall mannerism of him. It took me a few minutes to get past the first look, but once he started talking I started believing it.
HerschelwoodHardhead
AG
Also, I was curious how they'd play Linda Tripp. Man, are they making her despicable. Everybody hates her
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
HerschelwoodHardhead said:

The Milkman said:

That's Clive Owen

Agreed that the makeup is rough for him, but I think Clive is nailing the voice, accent, and overall mannerism of him. It took me a few minutes to get past the first look, but once he started talking I started believing it.
He really pulls off the sleazeball factor well. Not sure they needed to give him Watto's nose from Phantom Menace but still you definitely see the "what can I get into today?" factor in his actions and movements. Feel like Clive Owen kinda vanished after looking like he might become a mega-star. I dug him as King Arthur in the 2004 version with Keira Knightley. Other than Children of Men I don't really know what else I've seen him in.

Definitely not looking to turn this into anything political, but I've been reading Obama's "A Promised Land" recently, and he mentions one of the biggest reasons he didn't pick Hilary as his running mate in 2008 was the fear of "Bill Clinton roaming the West Wing with no agenda." Made me laugh then, and even more watching this show.

I've had the misfortune of working with a few Linda Tripps in my life. Convinced everything they do is the most important thing of all time and that they're always at the center of the action. When Lewinsky blurts out that her boyfriend is the President, they should have gone to an interior shot of Tripp's brain with the fireworks exploding and balloons falling from the sky and money blowing through a giant fan. That moment must have been the pinnacle of her existence.

GolfAg93
S
Maybe I missed it, but any way to stream episodes?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Hulu or FX.

I keep saying it, but every scene makes me hate Linda Tripp more.

Oh and Robin from HIMYM as Ann Coulter and Billy Eichner as Matt Drudge is hilarious.
TexasAggie008
AG
how we liking so far?

no major complaints here....obv doesn't seem to have the same national interest as "OJ" did, but its overall well done so far...
The Porkchop Express
If Fred Melamed doesn't win an award for his role as the Lewinsky family lawyer Bill Ginsburg on last night's episode, there is no justice in the world.

Couldn't find a clip on YouTube, but his phone call to the FBI agents holding Lewinsky and her mother is apocalyptic and incredible.
pinkdog
Anybody still watching? I echo the bill ginsberg character was phenomenal last night as well.

Laughable moment "you do medical malpractice "
"This is the same thing"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.