Dune [Spoiler Thread]

57,346 Views | 817 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rocagnante
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Al Bula
AG
Thought this Dune forum is very relevant to fans. Warning, it contains major spoilers evident in some of the sub-forums titles. Click at your own risk.

http://jacurutu.com/

Some seriously awesome rabbit holes to go down in discussion topics even a very devoted fan of the true source material will be amazed by.

There's not a lot of activity, but really rich stuff.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
TCTTS said:

so it DOES exist.......
TCTTS
AG
Well, kind of. If you watch the video, this would technically be the scene *before* the dinner itself. And the narrator even says something to the effect of, if the dinner scene exists, it would obviously come next. But again, there's been zero evidence so far that a dinner scene was even planned, much less shot. Rather, it sounds like this pre-dinner cocktails gathering thing was meant to kind of fill that void, with a spattering of a political talk, but more to give Arrakis a bit of color/background, featuring some of these one-scene characters. Either way, it sounds like a great scene, and I wish they would have kept it. Really hoping we get to see it in-full someday...
Tobias Funke
AG
Hi, just dropping by to say I made it 45 minutes into this movie on a flight and then died of boredom.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Hi, just dropping by to say I made it 45 minutes into this movie on a flight and then died of boredom.
Too scared to finish, eh?

Quote:

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Tobias Funke
AG
I could not face my fear
Duncan Idaho
A movie that was created for iMax and that won for sound, score, cinematography wasn't an engaging experience on a 10in screen with ear buds while sitting next to a screaming 4yr old and the roar of the engine?

GTFO with that bull***** I simply don't believe you
The Dirty Sock
Tobias Funke said:

Agreed. It severely lacked Patrick Stewart charging into battle with a pug in his arms.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Go blue yourself
YouBet
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Borderline permaban territory.

WTF were you thinking?

Jesus.
Duncan Idaho

Good listen when you are walking the dog or stuck in traffic
Rocagnante
AG
Tobias Funke said:

I could not face my fear

You should go see your analrapist right away!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.