**** Jungle Cruise ****

3,248 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oyster DuPree
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Opens today....we'll see

LoudestWHOOP!
AG
The only thing relevant I've got is that I got kicked off the Jungle Boat ride at Astroworld for shooting back at the elephants with water pistols.
heddleston
AG
I dunno if it's any good, but few things have ever killed my desire to ever see a movie like doing cross-promotional commercials with Applebee's.
Rex Racer
AG
My wife and I are going tomorrow evening. Looking forward to it. I love the Rock and Emily Blunt.
TyHolden
AG
It was ok. Lots of corny jokes like the actual Jungle Cruise ride. The twist was pretty easy to spot.
TP Ag '87
AG
I didn't get it. My 9-year old was crying as she was so scared. (Too many snakes.) 11-year old was meh.

What I get for paying to see a Rock movie. (Emily is hot, though.)
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Im a fan of the rock but didn't think he was the right fit for this movie. Not a bad movie though
C@LAg
TP Ag '87 said:

(Too many snakes.)
snake cheek
TyHolden
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Im a fan of the rock but didn't think he was the right fit for this movie. Not a bad movie though
agree that the rock was not right for the part. Disney seems to love casting him.
AggieLumberjack
AG
I disagree and thought no one but the Rock would have been good for that part.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Rock was great. Special effects make me think that Disney doesn't give a **** about special effects.

Music by ... Metallica?
Forum Troll
AG
Nothing else matters Metallica theme caught me off guard.
TyHolden
AG
Forum Troll said:

Nothing else matters Metallica theme caught me off guard.
that was a nice addition. I had to play the real song for kids.
TyHolden
AG
Disney just recently decided to change the script, originally written in 2004, to make the brother gay.
Also, it was originally scheduled to release in 2011 with Tom Hanks as the skipper. Not sure he fits either. Isn't the character Spanish?
FtBendTxAg
AG
Watched it at home bc somebody in my family was dumb enough to pay that amount for a movie, it was a decent popcorn watch with the family. Agree about the special effects tho. They'd look cheesy in 1997.. not sure if they were actually going for that look or not, bc it was bad.

Emily Blunt was the reason I watched most of it.. one of the worlds hottest.
Post removed:
by user
imjustsayin
AG
Over all I liked it. I thought Dwayne Johnson delivered his role well. Watched it with the family at home (10, 8, 7, & 7 y/o). I could sense the Pirates of the Caribbean vibe from the trailers and wasn't sure if the 7 y/o's would dig (which is one of the reasons we paid the $30 at home that and 6 movie tickets at $13 each is way more than $30) but all our kids loved it.

I laughed and the adventure was fun and lighthearted. The brother plot was a little annoying it's like Hollywood has a quota now to make sure there is LGBTQ+ representation somewhere in all movies.. especially PG-13 (kid) movies. I just find it annoying and consistently distracting and unnecessary.

Emily Blunt is a talented performer. She is the deserved Hollywood "it" girl right now and for good reason. Fun fact: I had heard that she was the original casting choice for Captain America's Peggy Carter.

Would watch again.
Sea Speed
AG
heddleston said:

I dunno if it's any good, but few things have ever killed my desire to ever see a movie like doing cross-promotional commercials with Applebee's.

When I first saw that I thought it was a joke.
JYDog90
AG
imjustsayin said:

The brother plot was a little annoying it's like Hollywood has a quota now to make sure there is LGBTQ+ representation somewhere in all movies..

I think they had to do that. Otherwise Jungle Cruise couldn't be considered for the Best Picture Oscar.
CrottyKid
AG
The whole style was cheesy, but I think it was on purpose. It was decently exciting, but none of it made sense if you stop to think about it.

But it was ok for a combination of Jumanji, National Treasure, and Indiana Jones with a near complete ripoff of the plot of the TMNT cgi movie from the early 2000s.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Found this unexpectedly fun and enjoyable. Very strong Pirates vibe in the second half.

The score really stood out to me, and I even noticed a couple references in there. (Indy and Jurassic Park.)

And of course this was totally unexpected, but is just awesome.

Oyster DuPree
AG
If "The Jungle Cruise" is anything like my last cruise it should be a lighthearted, drunken romp ending in several civil suits and suspension of my passport in Belize and Honduras! Can't go back!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.