What is the best Beatles song?

2,793 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DustysLineup
agrams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've always loved Dear Prudence as my favorite beatles song.
TequilaMockingbird
The Night Before
MSFC Aggie
AG
Golden Slumbers
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Get Back has always been a favorite of mine that hasn't been mentioned yet.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
oragator said:

I mentioned it in the cover thread.
But the absolute perfection in the simplicity of In My Life is really unrivaled.
This was the song I chose for my "Groom/Mother" dance song at my wedding.

That marriage ended after 15 years and every time I hear that song now, it's soured for that reason.
deadhead aggie
AG
wasn't sure if i should post this here or on the "Movies that made you love a song" thread.....one of my favorite Beatles songs that seemed to fit so well at the end of the movie........

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Can't fault anyone's favorite here - and the breadth of answers is why the Beatles are so great. Literally hundreds of great songs and everyone has different favorites.
OldArmy71
AG
Help
Hey Jude
Let it Be
A Day in the Life
BadMoonRisin
AG
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Hide Your Love Away is really underrated; I made it through most of my life without hearing it and was surprised when I did. The modern visuals from Help! are pretty cool too:

snowdog90
No wrong answer, but I'll give 2 of my faves that were not in the top 100. The second comes from the incredible side 2 of Abbey Road, which all together is my favorite thing they ever did.

I Will

She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
Wicked Good Ag
Sex Panther said:

Quote:

Quote:

Blackbird and Eleanor Rigby are not even in the list.

That's criminal
well not criminal since both are on the list...more criminal how far down the list of best songs are
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Harry Lime said:

Hide Your Love Away is really underrated; I made it through most of my life without hearing it and was surprised when I did. The modern visuals from Help! are pretty cool too:

Underrated? No way. It's extremely popular. Maybe just one of those songs that flew under your personal radar but it's an absolute classic.

As much as I love that song, there was a skit on SNL about 10 years ago that "ruined" it for me. Not that it's not a great song, just that I can't hear or think of that song without thinking about the skit and laughing my ass off.

https://www.facebook.com/mumfordandsonsfans/videos/927292744074396/
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Underrated? No way. It's extremely popular. Maybe just one of those songs that flew under your personal radar but it's an absolute classic.
I'm sure Beatles fans know it, but it wasn't one of the 10-20 Beatles songs that I always heard on oldies or classic rock radio, or tv commercials or movies growing up. this is probably a scandalous confession, but I think I first heard it on American Idol one year in the 2000's.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.