***** Big Brother 23 Discussion SPOILERS *****

75,744 Views | 782 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by _lefraud_
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Still waiting on the cast release and I'll add more to this thread.

New Season starts July 7th at 7pm Central...from what I remember reading a while back...

• Cast is in sequester
  • Will feature only new HG's this year (ed: thankfully)
  • This should be the first season CBS goes with their new reality show diversity program where at least 50% of casts of BB/Survivor will be BIPOC

Not going to wade into the politics of that last bullet...just reporting the news/changes heading into the season.
Hey...so.. um
What is BIPOC??
Sex Panther
AG
Hey...so.. um said:

What is BIPOC??

Not white
Bunk Moreland
Minorities.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Can't keep up with all the stupid acronyms anymore. Just say minority.
tk for tu juan
The other 50% will be full of guilt and self-evict
gigemJTH12
AG
tk for tu juan said:

The other 50% will be full of guilt and self-evict
Rex Racer
AG
Hey...so.. um said:

What is BIPOC??
It stands for black, indigenous, and other people of color. Like a previous poster said, "non-white".
gigemJTH12
AG
WHERES THE CAST BUNK
tk for tu juan
They might be doing a live move-in so the cast reveal may be next week during live feed cast interviews
Bunk Moreland
So far, no cast...

But there were a few things released today:

• Longtime executive producers Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan spoke exclusively with Us Weekly about the "beach club" theme of the house and how they're "leaning into" the idea of "risk versus reward" this year. Houseguests will be getting offers "too good to refuse" in what they are calling a "Monte Carlo meets beach club" kind of gambling style.

• For the live move-in premiere on Wednesday, July 7, players will be "battling to be a team captain" and "starting off this game playing in teams."
  • All live premiere

TopFlightReject
Bunk Moreland said:

So far, no cast...

But there were a few things released today:

• Longtime executive producers Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan spoke exclusively with Us Weekly about the "beach club" theme of the house and how they're "leaning into" the idea of "risk versus reward" this year. Houseguests will be getting offers "too good to refuse" in what they are calling a "Monte Carlo meets beach club" kind of gambling style.

• For the live move-in premiere on Wednesday, July 7, players will be "battling to be a team captain" and "starting off this game playing in teams."
  • All live premiere

Just means more opportunity for interference by production.
gigemJTH12
AG
why cant they just play normal ass big brother for once??

that would be nice.
Bunk Moreland
They always have some dumb pre-canned way to say it's going to be the same but with new twists.

They need to raise the grand prize to $1M, 2nd $250k, 3rd $100k and add higher/better prizes along the way so we can reduce the trend the last 4-5 years that the cast ultimately becomes people trying to build a social media platform rather than win the game.
gigemJTH12
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

They always have some dumb pre-canned way to say it's going to be the same but with new twists.

They need to raise the grand prize to $1M, 2nd $250k, 3rd $100k and add higher/better prizes along the way so we can reduce the trend the last 4-5 years that the cast ultimately becomes people trying to build a social media platform rather than win the game.
great idea
helgs
AG
Haven't watched BB since season 14. Was a huge fan for about 10 years before that. May give it another try this season, depending on the cast.
Hey...so.. um
GT_Aggie2015 said:

Can't keep up with all the stupid acronyms anymore. Just say minority.

Or how about we drop the labels all together
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Yep. Or this
gigemJTH12
AG
saw some people saying reveal at 2pm
Jimmy McNulty
AG
In
Bunk Moreland

jac4
AG
They have to cast an Aggie this year, right?
Jimmy McNulty
AG
No cast release?
MillerLatte
Tomorrow
The Milkman
AG
Rex Racer said:

Hey...so.. um said:

What is BIPOC??
It stands for black, indigenous, and other people of color. Like a previous poster said, "non-white".
Does it count if they are white and gay? Or do they not count towards "diversity"
gigemJTH12
AG
Diversity except that I am doubting many of these folks have diverse political opinions

All I do is Nguyen
The cast is definitely more diverse this year than years past which I promise is a point of emphasis given the recent events.
Bunk Moreland

Quote:

Azah Awasum
Hometown: Baltimore, Md.
Current City: Baltimore, Md.
What is your strategy for winning the game? "Spot the power players early and annihilate or divide them one by one! Play for myself, not the house. I'm hoping my amiable appearance will cause the guests to let their guards down with me. I want every houseguest to feel like they have me in their pocket. Finally, I make really good decisions as long as there is no romance involved. No showmances!"

Quote:

Christian Birkenberger
Current City: Harwinton, Conn.
What is your strategy for winning the game? "Ultimately be myself because I am a joy!! But I would like to appear fun and clueless as to not raise any flags, align myself with more people and slip up as a physical threat when I need to schmooze the house."

Quote:

Hannah Chaddha
Hometown: Chicago, Ill.
Current City: Chicago, Ill.
What is your strategy for winning the game? "My strategy for winning the game starts with cultivating personal relationships with everyone in the house. I don't have to be everyone's best friend nor do I want to be, but I fully intend on learning about everyone's strengths and weaknesses. I won't have a problem exploiting their weaknesses for my benefit and aligning myself with those whose strengths can compensate for my own shortcomings."

Quote:

Brent Champagne
Hometown: Cranston, R.I.
Current City: Cranston, R.I.
What is your strategy for winning the game? "Although I feel my athletic ability/background will bring me far in the game, my primary strategy for winning Big Brother is heavily dependent on my social abilities. I've been told countless times by many, both peers and strangers, that my charm is powerful. I plan on using this skill in every social interaction in the house, male or female."

Quote:

Britini D'Angelo
Hometown: Niagara Falls, N.Y.
Current City: Niagara Falls, N.Y.
What is your strategy for winning the game? "My strategy for winning the game is simply put, to never forget who I am as an individual, be authentic in the house, win competitions in order to secure relationships/alliances in the house, and not be afraid to make the big moves! Big risk means even bigger reward!"

Quote:

Derek Frazier
Hometown: Philadelphia, Pa.
Current City: Philadelphia, Pa.
What is your strategy for winning the game? "Try to get to know everyone on a personal level so they never put me on the block. I will get everyone to do my dirty work because I am good at being a leader."

?w=310

Quote:

Brandon "Frenchie" French
Hometown: Camden, Tenn.
Current City: Clarksville, Tenn.
What is your strategy for winning the game? "Building relationships with everyone, not just your alliance. Being a farmer, no two days are the same. You never know what to expect. I always have to evolve and change game plans on a daily basis and I have got really good at it. Set strategies are overrated and crumble, so my lifestyle fits perfect with the Big Brother house."

Quote:

Travis Long
Hometown: Austin, Texas
Current City: Honolulu, Hawaii
What is your strategy for winning the game? "Forming close one-on-one relationships with people behind the scenes, limiting yet utilizing my charismatic personality to connect with people but also not going too over the top with my friendliness and openness so I can cruise a bit under the table in group settings."

Quote:

Alyssa Lopez
Hometown: Sarasota, Fla.
Current City: Sarasota, Fla.
What is your strategy for winning the game? "My strategy for winning the game is to win the very first HOH. I think the first HOH is the most important one. I would then be able to align myself with powerful physical and mental players, but I'd also try to make a Final 2 alliance with someone outside of that. That way I can see the game from all angles."

Quote:

Tiffany Mitchell
Hometown: Detroit, Mich.
Current City: Detroit, Mich.
What is your strategy for winning the game? "My strategy for winning the game is to learn as much as I can about everyone else and keep my mouth shut."

Quote:

Xavier Prather
Hometown: Kalamazoo, Mich.
Current City: Milwaukee, Wis.
What is your strategy for winning the game? "From a competition standpoint, only win when I have to. Socially, make genuine connections and friendships with each of the houseguests. Reiterate that we are playing a game and avoid bringing personal matters into game decisions. Adapt to the twists of the game as they come and enjoy playing Big Brother the way it was meant to be played!"

Quote:

Sarah Steagall
Hometown: Boiling Springs, S.C.
Current City: Ft. Myers, Fla.
What is your strategy for winning the game? "I plan to float! I want to make everyone around me feel at ease and convince them I'm a non-threatening, loyal person. Once they realize I'm only playing for myself, hopefully it'll be too late to stop me."

Quote:

Christie Valdiserri
Current City: North Hollywood, Calif.
What is your strategy for winning the game? "Following my gut and being myself. I plan to get to know all of the personality types and attempt to understand what each of them respond well to. I also plan to use my hair loss secret to my advantage! Another strategy is to kick some of these dudes' asses in the physical games and literally not give up even when I want to!"

Quote:

Whitney Williams
Hometown: Portland, Ore.
Current City: Portland, Ore.
What is your strategy for winning the game? "I do know that I'm going to go into the house as a strong competitor, while hopefully not making too many ripples. I also want to uphold my values and create genuine friendships, but winning this game for myself and for my children is my top priority."

Quote:

Derek Xiao
Hometown: Baltimore, Md.
Current City: New York, N.Y.
What is your strategy for winning the game? "Build relationships with everyone in the house and slowly turn friendships into alliances. And then layer in unassailable logical reasoning to influence people's decisions."

Quote:

Kyland Young
Hometown: San Bernardino County, Calif.
Current City: Venice Beach, Calif.
What is your strategy for winning the game? "My strategy is to combine the subtle influence of Derrick, with Cody's charm, Dan's strategic thinking, and hold back on showing how good I am at competitions until I have to (hopefully not needed until the end, like Kaycee in Season 20). I know that sounds like such a vague, idealistic plan, but I genuinely believe that I have each of those attributes/capabilities I am describing."

Broncos
Based on the bios, i'm going for the big man Derek F.
Bunk Moreland
Mostly joking hot takes based off the photos and blurbs:

Azah is going to surprise some people in an early comp... then never stop talking about how she surprised people in that comp

Christian will enjoy the views of some ladies and be a production/DR puppet until he's not needed

Hannah will be a bedroom rat, staying under the covers for 80% of the season

Brent probably knows the Calafiore family or Derrick

Britini will be totally cool until she starts treating HG's like her kindergarteners. Also might be the most obnoxious way to spell that name of all time.

Derek F - going to be a mediator, will be liked by many...likely 3rd place candidate

Frenchie - BB sure knows how to find this typecast most seasons. He'll be the outside couch man at 5am getting the coffee going

Travis - will chase Alyssa from day 1

Alyssa - will think she's in charge and controlling what she hopes to in her strategy bio, but in reality will just follow Travis or Christian or Xavier and whoever they decide to bring into the dominant alliance

Tiffany - while she intends to keep her mouth shut, very few can pull that off in the bb game. At her age, the young'ns will annoy her and I hope we get some fireworks

Xavier - will be the most sure of himself of any HG

Sarah - speaking of typecast floaters...

Christie - could be a top female physical competitor

Whitney - we're going to hear about her kids non stop, so go win it for the kids!

Derek X - 1st candidate for a feel-good story from home mid-season so everyone has sympathy

Kyland - if he isn't FOS in his bio, he at least knows a little history about the game.

MooreTrucker
AG
Quote:

Christie Valdiserri
What is your strategy for winning the game? "Following my gut and being myself. I plan to get to know all of the personality types and attempt to understand what each of them respond well to. I also plan to use my hair loss secret to my advantage! Another strategy is to kick some of these dudes' asses in the physical games and literally not give up even when I want to!"
Doesn't look all that secret to me.....
Claude!
MooreTrucker said:

Quote:

Christie Valdiserri
Maybe she's wearing a bald cap and has a luxurious head of hair underneath?
Flashdiaz
AG
Claude! said:

MooreTrucker said:

Quote:

Christie Valdiserri
Maybe she's wearing a bald cap and has a luxurious head of hair underneath?
she's probably going to not deny rumors that it's chemo related and try and get sympathy votes.
Reality is she lost her hair while confusing the Nair with Shampoo when she had 1 too many Mai Tai's.

i'll feel bad if it's a legit reason though.
Bunk Moreland
https://onwardstate.com/2020/04/21/from-penn-state-grad-to-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-model-christie-valdiserri-finds-beauty-in-baldness/

Alopecia Areata
MooreTrucker
AG
So then what's the secret?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.