***** Loki - Season 1 Discussion Thread (Wednesdays - Jun 9 - Jul 14) *****

100,142 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mazag08
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?

What: Loki - The Series - Season One
Number of episodes: 6
When: Wednesday (NOT FRIDAY'S) - June 9th-July 14th, 2021
Time: 12am PT/2am CT/3am ET
Length: 40-50 minutes/ep
Where: Disney+
Mephisto: TBD

In Marvel Studios' Loki, the mercurial villain Loki resumes his role as the God of Mischief in a new series that takes place after the events of Avengers: Endgame.

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Dick move making me wonder if it dropped tonight.
C@LAg
Harry Lime said:

Dick move making me wonder if it dropped tonight.
sorry the actual dates in the thread title were confusing to you.

bbattbq01
AG
Looking forward to next week. Love Tom Hiddleston.
Gigem314
AG
I thought "official" threads weren't supposed to start until just before the release date...

redline248
AG
Last night when viewing Disney Plus there was a section titled "Featuring Loki," and included the Marvel's Legends show. There was no Loki episode. I was not amused.

Can't wait for this show
amercer
AG
High hopes for this. I enjoyed Wanda and FWS. Pandemic issues hurt FWS, and Wanda wasn't supposed to be the kickoff for MCU on TV, so I hope with Loki they really hit their stride.
The Dirty Sock
Saxsoon
AG
bluefire579
AG
Saxsoon
AG
Gigem314 said:

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Loki has some truly remarkable gifs for not a ton of screen time.

CoachRTM
AG
I'm all in on this one. By far the show I was most excited for.
Gigem314
AG
Saxsoon said:

Gigem314 said:

"I did not kill people on Earth, I did not!"
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Gigem314 said:

Saxsoon said:

Gigem314 said:

"I did not kill people on Earth, I did not!"
"Oh, hai Thor....."
Dro07
AG
Can't wait
Madmarttigan
AG
This one I think I'm a little more excited for than the others
C@LAg
No story spoilers, but it does address some themes.

C@LAg
Reviews
- Eric Davis

I've seen the first 2 episodes of #Loki & I'm LOVING it so far. It's a time-traveling detective show that's laying groundwork for the MCU multiverse while also being about identity & confronting ugly truths about ourselves. The Tom Hiddleston/Owen Wilson bromance is my favorite

Brandon Davis
Loki brings so much to MCU lore. There are references to the past films and stories to marvel at but also really exciting, subtle additions to the sandbox as a whole. Through 2 episodes... this series could be a really exciting, big step for the MCU's broad, sprawling stories.

Jacob D
Got to see the first 2 episodes of #Loki and it's really promising so far An okay but clunky premiere followed by a fantastic second episode, a intriguing crime thriller but also a series that excellently delves into Loki's psyche

Matt Roembke
watched the first TWO episodes of #Loki and if you loved the social media experience of #WandaVision, you're in for a treat. When you hit as many home runs as the #MCU does, you can take big swings & that's what this show is. Loki feels grounded, but the scale is massive!

Ben Mekler
I have seen the first two eps of #LOKI and WOW are fans are in for a treat. With episodes set in the swinging 60s and at the late-2002 wrap party for HOLES, you get a real sense that this show can go ANYWHERE and be ANYTHING. Feels like the future of the MCU

Matt Ramos
The first two episodes of Loki are INCREDIBLE! Marvel really took a character who seemed to have no more story to be told and completely reinvented him in a fun & original way! I'm excited to see what else this show has in store!

Adam Garcia
This is Marvel's best Big Finish boxset yet. This really feels like the MCU's Doctor Who. Hiddleston is clearly having a lot of fun and Loki remains the MCU's most interesting character.

Disney Musings23
There is a showstopper scene where Mobius tries to understand why Loki is wired the way he is - and it's done while showing Loki what becomes of him in Dark World, Ragnarok and Infinity War. One of my favorite MCU scenes to date! #Loki ...

Disney Musings23
Saw the first 2 episodes of #Loki this morning. Wow. The Hiddleston - Wilson chemistry is off the charts good. The playing with time is incredibly fun - including some visits to real life events...

Ethan Anderton
There's a lot of exposition in #Loki, clearly a set-up for what's to come in DOCTOR STRANGE AND THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS, but I'm digging every minute of it.]

The reel rejects/YouTube review

Colliderfrosty

first two episodes of #Loki are fantastic. Obviously @twhiddleston is still perfect in the role but I love how the series is expanding the MCU in a new direction and we're watching Loki try and figure out what's going on rather than having him in control.]

John Campea
The @LokiOfficial show is outstanding. Marvel continues to change things up, this is unlike anything they've done before. A focus on the god of mischief that gives us our best look at his character, his fears, his insecurities and his glorious purpose. Oh, and Owen Wilson rocks

Josh wilding
Take everything you thought you knew about #Loki and throw it aside because this series will surprise you and delivers a wholly unexpected take on the #MCU. I loved #WandaVision and really liked #TFATWS, but this feels like it'll be one of those ICONIC @MarvelStudios projects

Herb Scribner
Early review for #Loki First two episodes are pure Marvel magic. Easily one of the best Marvel projects ever and that's not exaggeration. This will wake up anyone who is tired of MCU projects. #Loki reminds us why Marvel is so good at what it does. (1/7

SuperHeroNexus
Loki is everything I wanted it to be. The buddy cop drama of Loki and Mobius is enjoyable in episodes 1 & 2. The impact of what is displayed for the wider MCU is game changing with easter eggs that connect to Wandavision, Skrulls and even a Secret Wars 2015 hint.

Grace Randolph
I've seen 2 episodes of #Loki! 1st time - while enjoyable - was a bit slow paced. But I've now watched both episodes 2 times already, so I guess that means it's pretty darn good! Can't wait to watch AGAIN w/ u 3am EST this Wed!Embargo lifts Tue 12pm EST

Charles Murphy
MarvelStudios continues to one up themselves series by series. Loki is entirely different, not only from TheFalconAndTheWinterSoldier but also from what you're thinking it is. I'm as surprised as anyone to say it, but Owen Wilson absolutely kills it as Mobius.
TCTTS
AG
This all sounds awesome. But my favorite thing is that Ben Mekler's tweet made the cut, because he's notorious for making sh*t up every time one of these social media embargos lift and seeing how many outlets will pick up his ridiculous blurb and include it with all the others. This one, in particular, he goes on and on about the Disney movie Holes, so many people ran with it and responded as if it were true, and he just cracks me up so much

TexasAggie_02
AG

C@LAg
8 hours and 51 minutes to go.

dammit 10 hours and 51 minutes to go. forgot I was in CT and not PT this week.
Sex Panther
AG
This is awesome...

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/marvel-loki-charms-cereal-is-real/
TCTTS
AG
CoachRTM
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CP3bCBirLIP
W
AG
looking forward to the new series.

will be fun to compare & contrast to the previous two...WandaVision and F&WS.

also to see which new characters are introduced
dave94
AG
Sex Panther said:

This is awesome...

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/marvel-loki-charms-cereal-is-real/

That is so badass!
double aught
AG
This is the least excited I've been for a new Marvel series so far. I'm not too sure why though. I enjoyed the other two. Hopefully my lack of enthusiasm is misplaced.
TCTTS
AG
Just the opposite for me. This looks so damn fun.
redline248
AG
I've made it this far, I'm staying up tonight
AMW2010
AG
Was about to go to bed then realized this comes out in 30 minutes. Whelp no rest for the wicked!!
AMW2010
AG
Whelp good thing this DEFINITELY isn't about Mephesto! Probably a huge misdirection for Kang
AMW2010
AG
Anddddd I'm hooked! That was a dope first episode!!
redline248
AG
Yep. That was good.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I could say it dragged a tad, but that would be nitpicking. I love when marvel does these weird shows. Can't wait to see where this one takes us.

With all the multiverse stuff seemingly in Marvel's future, I have to think this series ends with the destruction of the TVA.
Thanks and gig'em

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.