Star Wars: The Bad Batch

26,525 Views | 295 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Atreides Ornithopter
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really liked the last episode of Bad Batch, and the last few episodes were really well done.

I really like the helplessness of most of the first part of the season finale. Straight out of Titanic watching the city sink to the ocean floor, with a lot of "The Poseidon Adventure" tossed in. Lots of dread and creepiness. Drowning seems like the worst way to die for me.

I liked the strain in the stormtrooper (or was he a clone trooper)?'s voice telling the Imperial that everything had been destroyed.

Really liked Omega and the others pausing to watch their clone chambers filling up with water, the end of all they knew.

I get a lot of you don't like the sequels, but sending the Kaminoan scientist off to do more clone work is really cool to me.

Really liked Crosshair saving her life for saving his, but that's his only motivation. He's rigid like Tech says about him. Glad he didn't flip back and he didn't sacrifice himself to save them.

jokershady
AG
Baron Von Flag Smasher said:

C@LAg said:

BenTheGoodAg said:

Idk, I just can't get there, yet.

I actually liked the story and direction of the prequels, but the execution? Blah. Imagine an episode 1 without Jar Jar. And yes, the Clone Wars did an amazing job filling the gaps and validating some of the question marks.

But sequels were a true WTF story for me and I just don't think can be saved. Maybe Disney will take a note from Marvel and write it off as an alternate universe.
They need to do a Lucasfilm's What If series.

What if Indy was never in RotLA - (it would have ended up the same).
What if jar jar tripped and died on his first appearance
What is the sequel trilogy was never made
What if stormtroopers were actually proficient with their weapons
What if Luke and Leia consumated a physical relationship before they learned they were brother and sister, and had a super-force jedi baby

What if Jar Jar was the Sith Master and the Emperor was the apprentice the whole time.
this is going to be a thread derail but wasn't this somewhat true? Years ago I heard Lucas had originally planned for Jar Jar to actually be a Sith (not a master though) but the fans hated him so much he backed out of that original story and wrote him out of the series entirely
redline248
AG
There is no way that's true.
jokershady
AG
I'll see if I can find where I got that info and post it on the Star Wars thread
C@LAg
he is misremembering an interview with Ahmed Best, who made a lot of assumptions in what he thought were the long range plans for Jar Jar from GL.
redline248
AG
Besides, Jar Jar had the single most influential moment in the prequels when he moved that his dellow felegates vote emergency powers to Palpatine
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I dropped off after episode 4 or so...do I need to jump back in?
C@LAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I dropped off after episode 4 or so...do I need to jump back in?
i dropped off with 4 left, but most agree the overall season was pretty pointless plotwise, but lots of character work.

You can watch just the final two eps and be good to go for next season.
redline248
AG
I mean, what else are you spending those 30 mins a week on, if not Star Wars?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cool
Thomas Ford 91
AG
I can't believe they actually decapitated Omega on camera! It was super sweet, like in GOT when Ned gets the axe.

Wait, is that a spoiler?
C@LAg
Thomas Ford 91 said:

I can't believe they actually decapitated Omega on camera! It was super sweet, like in GOT when Ned gets the axe.

Wait, is that a spoiler?
it would have been better:

I cannot believe they killed off Omega in teh first season.

To have her place the entire squad at risk to "insert rescue some other character of the week" is unprecedented.

Hopefully her sacrifice is not in vain.

I wonder how the team will deal with and move on from it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Released concept art from the final episode confirms that the secret Imperial facility at the end of is on the planet Wayland, straight out of Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy!
ChipFTAC01
AG
I watched it on my phone at lunch today (had to turn out the lights in my office it was so damn dark) and that was exactly my thought. I wonder if there will be some Joruuuuus C'Baoth hanging around or possibly a Luuuke Skywalker.
bluefire579
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Released concept art from the final episode confirms that the secret Imperial facility at the end of is on the planet Wayland, straight out of Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy!
Wouldn't be a Filoni show if you didn't get something ripped right out of the EU and pulled into canon
jeffk
AG
It was a cool show. Showed a lot of the universe during the transition from the Republic to thee Empire. I don't feel like we got a much of a character arc for any of the Batch or Omega and there really wasn't an objective other than "keep Omega safe." Hopefully they'll kick things up a notch for season two.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
bluefire579 said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Wouldn't be a Filoni show if you didn't get something ripped right out of the EU and pulled into canon
So does this mean that Thrawn will have ysalamiri when Ashoka finds him ?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.