Star Wars: The Bad Batch

26,593 Views | 295 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Atreides Ornithopter
bluefire579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Started today and we didn't even have a thread ready for it.

Trailer for anyone who missed it:

Spoilers are fair game here, so if you don't want to be spoiled, I suggest exiting now.
Vince Blake
Going through and watching Clone Wars with my son. We are about done with season 2. Can you watch Bad Batch independently or does it make sense to finish Clone Wars first?
hunter2012
AG
Vince Blake said:

Going through and watching Clone Wars with my son. We are about done with season 2. Can you watch Bad Batch independently or does it make sense to finish Clone Wars first?

They introduce the bad batch in the last season of Clone Wars, so it's probably after that chronologically.
bluefire579
AG
Yeah, what hunter said. I'd finish Clone Wars first because the first episode picks up right after it ends.
bluefire579
AG
Found the first episode to be pretty enjoyable. A nice Rebels connection there at the beginning, and the droids there in the exercise room looked like the predecessors to the Dark Troopers. The kid wasn't as annoying as I had expected, but still not convinced she'll be a good addition. Guess we'll see on that. Also liked the way the clones transitioned to wearing all white armor instead of the armor with blue trim; lot of good details like that.
amercer
AG
When is this timeline wise?
benMath08
AG
Technically a spoiler?

Order 66 happens very early in the first episode
C@LAg
benMath08 said:

Technically a spoiler?

when does

Order 69 happen?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
C@LAg said:

benMath08 said:

Technically a spoiler?

when does

Order 69 happen?

You don't remember when Slave 1 and Slave 2 crash into each other?
benMath08
AG
Tonight at your mom's house
C@LAg
benMath08 said:

Tonight at your mom's house
My mom has been dead since 1988.

and the house is in my dad's name.
C@LAg
Champ Bailey said:

You don't remember when Slave 1 and Slave 2 crash into each other?
so they are going to want reparations?
jokershady
AG
Avoiding reading until I watch with the family which I won't get to do until tomorrow....but excited for new Star Wars!
Ambres
AG
Man I was hook on this show from start to finish. David F. knocked it out of the park again. I can see why some people don't like the slight change to Rebels .. but frankly I really enjoyed it.

Can't wait to see what happens next.. (note I was not a big fan of the Bad Batch during Clone War.. )
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
That was Fennec ( Ming-na) in the trailer? She was never in Clone wars right?

Oh and odds the kids with the bow shows up in Mandolorian next season?
Unemployed
AG
I wish they would release all the episodes at once so I can binge watch.

I hope they expand more on Caleb's story line. You can't just give us a teaser in the first episode and leave it there.
bluefire579
AG
RealTalk said:

I hope they expand more on Caleb's story line. You can't just give us a teaser in the first episode and leave it there.
They already have

It's Kanan from Rebels
C@LAg
Baron Von Flag Smasher said:

That was Fennec ( Ming-na) in the trailer? She was never in Clone wars right?

Oh and odds the kids with the bow shows up in Mandolorian next season?
she is in this series, yes.
Unemployed
AG
bluefire579 said:

RealTalk said:

They already have

It's Kanan from Rebels
I meant his life as a padawan. It's been a while since I watched Rebels, though.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
That was fun. Great first episode
C@LAg
1. Actor playing Caleb sounds way too old. and was mixed front in the audio. very weird.
2. kid is annoying, as predicted. and her being one of the five... hopefully they can write her better into the role.
3. Love the title credits switchover.
4. All the clones with the same voice started to get annoying. :-) That problem will likely go away soon.
5. Young Saw was cool, but wish they would have brought Forest in like they did for Rebels.
6. Loved the variety of sets and environments. That was my biggest complaint about Rebels.
7. Bring on next week.

dave94
AG
Finally got to watch it. Holy sheet that was awesome.

Filoni is so damn good with this material.
sburg2007
Omega is a bit obnoxious and Freddie Prinze Jr has Caleb was a bit off as well. Other than that, I was impressed!
The Collective
AG
Omega remind anyone else of Cindel Towani?
CoachRTM
AG
Watched the first episode. Surprised it was an hour long instead of the 20-30 minutes. I'd give it a solid B+ so far and looking forward to more.

Wife and I watched a little bit of the Clone Wars last year, but it never really caught on with us. We like Rebels better.

I'm loving this every week Star Wars/Marvel needle drip they're giving us.
C@LAg
re: Omega. The cynical side of me predicts they are going to make her the first force sensitive clone in canon, so that she is "special".

I really hope that does not happen. i would love a series with little to no force anything in it except for the occasional Caleb/other hiding Jedi.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
average_joker
AG
With a title like "The Bad Batch." I thought they were talking about the new Trilogy.
jokershady
AG
My thought was that Omega was going to be the first female clone not unlike Boba Fett was in that her age wouldn't advance quickly either....not sure what the point of it would be but that was my guess.

Loved this episode....immediately from the start when we got the Clone Wars voice over I was already grinning like an idiot
AliasMan02
AG
So good. SOOOOO good.
israeliag
AG
Filoni knows how to tell stories.

I wasn't that excited with the Bad Batch and was expecting a childish series with the addition of the young girl, or at least one that's take a bit to pick up speed like Clone Wars and Rebels did, but this brought it in the first episode. Killing Jedis is a sure way to raise the maturity level, and the Crosshairs betrayal was a good touch. A one hour first ep also helps a lot.

Really hoping Omega isn't force sensitive, but that she's just got all of the traits of the Bad Batch combined.
jokershady
AG
Just had a wild thought....

IF (and I hope I'm wrong) Omega ends up being force sensitive.....what if this somehow ties in to Grogu and The Mandalorian? It wouldn't be a big tie in as this story is about The Bad Batch but what if she's force sensitive and the Kaminoans were experimenting with making a force sensitive clone which in this case they would've succeeded.....then empire finds out years later which explains how they would've known about Grogu in the first place.....

And all we'd get in this show is like a quick glimpse/reveal cause we'd be able to fill in the blanks ourselves until the next Mandalorian season....but would be an amazing tie in I'd they could do it
israeliag
AG
Possible, but I thought in The Mandalorian the approach was extracting and then injecting midochlorians into a clone subject (I.e. into whatever Snoke was) I don't really see the Kaminoans doing that, at least not Omega's mother figure.
C@LAg
she could be naturally force sensitive, or she could be the first of the made cloned sensitives (via injection). A pet project of the Kaminoans .
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I think this 100% whats happening.

My theory is Filoni is trying to explain stuff from TROS. I think the force sensitive clone situation is all a build up to how the Empire (or remnants) figure out a way to clone Palpatine. He is working out some of that story in The Bad Batch and in The Mandalorian.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.