Army of the Dead - Zach Snyder

11,608 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FightinTexasAg15
MASAXET
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Um, yes please

MASAXET
AG
There's already more of a coherent story in this one trailer than anything from Justice League
PatAg
AG
Looks like it should be good, the idea of what appears to be a zombie king and queen, and generals, is interesting.

I also feel like Snyder's use of music is like a budget version of James Gunn's.
Sports-Ag
AG
Looks entertaining
Claude!
PatAg said:

I also feel like Snyder's use of music is like a budget version of James Gunn's.
There's only one possible explanation for the trailer's choice in music - there will be an appearance by Zombie Kenny Rogers.
fig96
AG
Gotta say this looks really fun, and honestly my favorite "original" Snyder story is Dawn of the Dead so I'm intrigued by this one.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Anyone see Dave Bautista on the Bear Grylls show? He's not what you'd expect.

But I will watch this movie.
CoppellAg93
AG
All sorts of HELL YEAH !!

"That's crossing the line" - ha ha !!
Saxsoon
AG
That looked great
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
jeffk
AG
Like Walking Dead, 28 Days Later, Fallout:New Vegas, and Ocean's 11 had a weird baby.
MGS
jeffk said:

Like Walking Dead, 28 Days Later, Fallout:New Vegas, and Ocean's 11 had a weird baby.
+ Dead Rising 2
amercer
AG
Yes
AgsMnn
AG
I like this already and can't wait to watch.

israeliag
AG
+ I Am Legend (the book)
jokershady
AG
Holly crap I was smiling the entire time I watched that. That was a great trailer and looks like a lot of fun!
Mathguy64
AG
"That's a ******* zombie tiger". Yes sir it is. You know what it needs?

Zombie Roy
YouBet
AG
Zombies on horses?

I'm in.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
jeffk said:

Also reminds me of a forgotten film from the 2000's called "Doomsday"
MASAXET
AG
jokershady said:

Holly crap I was smiling the entire time I watched that. That was a great trailer and looks like a lot of fun!
I can't lie - I've watched this trailer at least 5 times now
bearamedic99
AG
It looked like a cameo from Ken Jeong as zombie Elvis.

This looks like it would be a fun popcorn flick in a theater.

Plus Garret Dillahunt, an actor so enjoyable he played 2 different roles in Deadwood.
AggieLitigator
I'll see it because I'm desperate for movies to come back. It at least looks popcorn worthy.
Tobias Funke
AG
I am such a sucker for any movie set in Vegas
AgsMnn
AG
AggieLitigator said:

I'll see it because I'm desperate for movies to come back. It at least looks popcorn worthy.

Looks like it's Netflix. Right?
TCTTS
AG
In "select theaters" and Netflix on May 21.
gigemags-99
AG
I think that is "Zombie Elvis" Amy Poehler at the 2:08 mark, right???
Murder Hornet
AG
Looks awesome!
Faustus
Prequel and animated series already in the works.
(Story from last Fall.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/zack-snyders-army-of-the-dead-prequel-and-anime-series-in-the-works
Murder Hornet
AG
Question about the plot...

It looks like the dudes hired for the heist weren't expecting a zombie wasteland but Vegas looked like it had been in bad shape for a long time.

How could the robbers not know what they were walking into? Were they misled about the threat (Walking Dead style vs 28 days later type zombies)?
Did they know but the payday was too much to walk away from?

Maybe this will get covered in the prequel and series
Jim01
AG
That's not the impression I got at all. I think they knew the zombies were there, but what they didn't expect was that the zombies were evolved. Like you said Vegas looks abandoned for quite some time, so nobody was checking on the zombies. They thought they would roll in and mow down dumb zombies but the surprise was that they weren't so dumb anymore.
jackie childs
i can't believe they didn't just call this No Viva Las Vegas
CoppellAg93
AG
Faustus said:

Prequel and animated series already in the works.
(Story from last Fall.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/zack-snyders-army-of-the-dead-prequel-and-anime-series-in-the-works
Geez - for once can we release the prequel and other movies in order ?!? Damn it's getting old!
PatAg
AG
Jim01 said:

That's not the impression I got at all. I think they knew the zombies were there, but what they didn't expect was that the zombies were evolved. Like you said Vegas looks abandoned for quite some time, so nobody was checking on the zombies. They thought they would roll in and mow down dumb zombies but the surprise was that they weren't so dumb anymore.
They said sometihng to the effect of "we saved everyone, why not get something for us this time"
Which I took to mean they somehow were involved in stopping the zombies the first time.
Robert C. Christian
AG
PatAg said:

Jim01 said:

They said sometihng to the effect of "we saved everyone, why not get something for us this time"
Which I took to mean they somehow were involved in stopping the zombies the first time.

Maybe or a standard trope of disgruntled elite forces who feel like they sacrificed everything and didn't get an equal return.

Either way, looks like a fun movie!
TCTTS
AG
Cinemark.

TCTTS
AG
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.