****Top Chef season 18******

7,740 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tanya 93
Petrino1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just rewatched the finale. This season and finale feel different from past seasons. There wasnt a clear cut favorite to win like there have been in past seasons. Also, in the finale all the dishes were pretty evenly matched. Not one dish or chef completely dominated in the finale. I wasnt sure Gabe would win until they announced his name.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Man I felt the opposite, they had nothing bad to say about gabes dish, halfway through I was like it couldn't be anyone else
Petrino1
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Man I felt the opposite, they had nothing bad to say about gabes dish, halfway through I was like it couldn't be anyone else

I forgot the order, but Tom said that each chef won a specific dish/course. Shota dish 1, Gabe dish 2, Dawn dish 3. Which led to the tie breaker being the dessert course that Gabe ultimately won in a pretty close race. He didn't necessarily dominate the finale, he just didn't screw up any of the courses like Dawn and Shota.

Ultimately I think he deserved to win, but he didn't dominate the entire season + finale like previous top chef winners have.
Matsui
AG
Really cool season. Enjoyed it.
HTownAg98
Gabe didn't dominate because the talent top to bottom was pretty strong. Lots of chefs went home this season for making a good dish. Plus, he was in the top three in the quick fires and elimination challenges all the time, and it's hard to be that consistent.
mel99
AG
What do you think about the recent allegations towards Gabe? Padma is calling for an investigation.

Padma Lakshmi calls for investigation into 'Top Chef' winner's alleged misconduct (msn.com)
fig96
AG
mel99 said:

What do you think about the recent allegations towards Gabe? Padma is calling for an investigation.

Padma Lakshmi calls for investigation into 'Top Chef' winner's alleged misconduct (msn.com)
I mean, I understand why they'd want to investigate it but doesn't this seem like they're way behind the curve? This didn't just happen, all the info was out there well before the season aired.
Tanya 93
Someone is having fun with his fan favorite fame

LawHall88
AG
Top Chef Season 19 is coming to Houston.
consigliere13
AG
Nice! I wonder if they will keep the same "bubble" concept as they did in Portland.
LawHall88
AG
consigliere13 said:

Nice! I wonder if they will keep the same "bubble" concept as they did in Portland.
The article seems to suggest so.
Tanya 93
I so want them to go to Burns BBQ in Acres Homes

Talk about a culture shock
LawHall88
AG
Tanya 93 said:

I'm certain they'll do a BBQ episode; they did last time they were in Texas. Aaron Franklin was the guest judge.
Tanya 93
LawHall88 said:

Tanya 93 said:

I'm certain they'll do a BBQ episode; they did last time they were in Texas. Aaron Franklin was the guest judge.
I grew up 15 minutes from Burns bbq, so that is what I think of when going out for BBQ in Houston.

95% of the time it came from our or our neighbor's backyard,
Matsui
AG
love it!
Petrino1
Wonder what local chefs will be competing? Doubt any of the big name guys like Chris Shepherd will want to compete.
Tanya 93
ea1060 said:

Wonder what local chefs will be competing? Doubt any of the big name guys like Chris Shepherd will want to compete.
Maybe one

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.