2021 concerts

29,477 Views | 366 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JayHowdy!
jrod2181
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like it is beginning

jrod2181
johnnyblaze36
AG
It's sad how far bonnaroo has fallen since its inception. I went in 2003, 2004, and 2009 and it was as good as it gets. Now they have Megan Thee Stallion and Lizzo as headliners? Get the **** outta here.
The Lost
Looks like you really meant festivals... concerts have been happening at places like billy bobs. Red Rocks is starting to do small shows and i'd assume will ramp up since the rockies could have 40% today.
Tibbers
jrod2181 said:

What a ****ty lineup. Talk about falling far away from its first intentions. It is twenty years later but damn how the mighty have fallen.
Tanya 93
Primus and Jason Isbell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tobias Funke
AG
Been to a few small shows in the past months, but last night was the most normal-feeling "real" concert I've been to since Covid.

Shakey Graves at Nutty Brown. Great show and awesome to feel like things are coming back
Wicked Good Ag
Tibbers said:

jrod2181 said:

What a ****ty lineup. Talk about falling far away from its first intentions. It is twenty years later but damn how the mighty have fallen.

We talk about crappy lineups but remember many bands aren't committing to anything yet at this time. I would give any festival a pass for this coming summer in terms of lineups
goadius6
AG
Been a longtime bucket list item for me to see My Morning Jacket at Bonnaroo but with the rest of that lineup i don't think it's worth it. I've seen all the other bands i enjoy on that list multiple times.

Red Rocks announcement is exciting, since the Aggies are playing Colorado in Denver this year, would be fun to see a show and the game in the same weekend.
txaggiefarmer05
AG

This one looks better than Bonnaroo, sorta.
jetch17
AG
Just re-bought my Deftones ticket for Houston in September with Gojira for the cancelled tour from last year.

Looks like Toadies will be releasing dates in the coming weeks across Texas, so looking forward to that, too!

Wicked Good Ag
goadius6 said:

Been a longtime bucket list item for me to see My Morning Jacket at Bonnaroo but with the rest of that lineup i don't think it's worth it. I've seen all the other bands i enjoy on that list multiple times.

Red Rocks announcement is exciting, since the Aggies are playing Colorado in Denver this year, would be fun to see a show and the game in the same weekend.
Jimmy Buffett two days before the Aggie game at Red Rocks FYI
Jim01
AG
Haven't bought any tickets yet but plan to go to Built To Spill in Houston in July.

Dead & Co. just announced a tour and they are coming to Houston in October. I'm not a big Dead fan but am a big John Mayer fan, and as a concert lover I feel like seeing the Dead should maybe be a bucket list item to cross off.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Jim01 said:

Haven't bought any tickets yet but plan to go to Built To Spill in Houston in July.

Dead & Co. just announced a tour and they are coming to Houston in October. I'm not a big Dead fan but am a big John Mayer fan, and as a concert lover I feel like seeing the Dead should maybe be a bucket list item to cross off.
You should definitely go. Seen the Dead 8 times without Jerry sadly but only one Dead and Co. show with Mayer and he was fantastic. I plan on going to both Woodlands and Dallas and you'll have a great time for sure.
deadhead aggie
AG
^

$351 for 2 lawn tickets for the Woodlands......just can't justify that purchase.....couch touring for me
62strat
AG
Still waiting for PJ rescheduled dates. I'm sitting on front row mezzanine to this show at the blue ball arena.
johnnyblaze36
AG
deadhead aggie said:

^

$351 for 2 lawn tickets for the Woodlands......just can't justify that purchase.....couch touring for me
Wow. I figured things would be at 100% capacity bringing prices back down. That's insane for lawn.
johnnyblaze36
AG
62strat said:

Still waiting for PJ rescheduled dates. I'm sitting on front row mezzanine to this show at the blue ball arena.
Waiting on this as well for OKC. Only tickets I held onto of the eleven shows in 2020 I had already purchased that got canceled or postponed.
Jim01
AG
Where are you seeing those prices? I saw packages that were upwards of that but does that mean you can't just buy a regular lawn seat? Or do you have to buy a package with laminate/t-shirt/etc?
UnderoosAg
AG
txaggiefarmer05 said:

This one looks better than Bonnaroo, sorta.

JHC. Somebody shook the dust off Tanya Tucker and gave her a day off from Cracker Barrel?

With special appearance by Dukes of Hazzard's own Cooter!
deadhead aggie
AG
Jim01 said:

Where are you seeing those prices? I saw packages that were upwards of that but does that mean you can't just buy a regular lawn seat? Or do you have to buy a package with laminate/t-shirt/etc?
Vividseats, Seatgeek, etc.. The lowest I saw was $96 each and that wasn't even for a package. After all of the fees, it came in at over $150.

I'll admit, I don't buy concert tickets on-line very often, so there's a good chance that I don't know what the hell I'm doing and I'm not looking in the right places. If you're able to find them for cheap via some other avenue, please let me know.
Jim01
AG
Yeah the tour announcement said ticket don't even go on sale until next Wednesday so not sure how those places would have tickets yet.
Echoes97
AG
deadhead aggie said:

Jim01 said:

Vividseats, Seatgeek, etc.. The lowest I saw was $96 each and that wasn't even for a package. After all of the fees, it came in at over $150.

I'll admit, I don't buy concert tickets on-line very often, so there's a good chance that I don't know what the hell I'm doing and I'm not looking in the right places. If you're able to find them for cheap via some other avenue, please let me know.
I signed up for the presale earlier, and they said that no tickets had been sold yet, despite what you see online. So not *positive* that there are no tickets out yet, but this is what they said in the email confirmation:

Quote:

VERIFIED FAN SAFETY TIPS
  • Codes cannot be purchased. You should not trust anyone trying to sell you a code. Only Ticketmaster can issue Verified Fan access codes and we will never sell these through our platform or any other site. Furthermore, codes are non-transferable.
  • No Verified Fan tickets have been sold. Many unofficial sellers will list tickets on secondary marketplaces even before they go on sale. Learn more about Speculative Listings and how to protect yourself.

Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
deadhead aggie
AG
Thanks guys. Perhaps an Aggie meet-up at Dead & Company in Houston? Now there's something you don't hear everyday.
Rudyjax
AG
Proposition Joe
That just states no "Verified Fan" seats have been sold. For many of these venues there's people who have season/corporate seats that already know their seat locations.
digging tunnels
AG
6/4 - Whiskey Myers/Shane Smith at John T Floore's
6/11 - Blackberry Smoke at HOB Houston
8/14 - Black Crowes at Woodlands
8/22 - Megadeth/Lamb of God/In Flames at Woodlands
JCA1
AG
Whiskey Myers at John T Floore's is alright.
62strat
AG
Look guys... said:

man I've never seen a festival list where the name recognition falls off so quickly. Like, huge famous name, kinda famous, then never heard of them.
Rudyjax
AG
62strat said:

Look guys... said:

man I've never seen a festival list where the name recognition falls off so quickly. Like, huge famous name, kinda famous, then never heard of them.

All festivals are like that for me.

Bunk Moreland
This one looked appealing to me.

Smaller fest. And bourbon.
Jim01
AG
Grabbed two seats to the Woodlands Dead & Co show. Section 106, Row K. They are marked as obstructed view, but it was worth the discount to me. $172 out the door.
tommyjohn
I got Dead & Co. tickets as well today.

Jason Isbell is coming to The Woodlands Pavilion as well. Not announced yet.

August 10th.
Sazerac
AG
Avett @ The Beach January 2022 for 4 nights.
Interested to see the lineup.
Jim01
AG
ohhh that's gonna be a buy for me. How'd you find out about that?

Only thing I don't like is that he seems to play a bigger venue each time he comes through. I miss the small venue days.

Oh, and boo for a Tuesday night show in The Woodlands. Yikes!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.