*** New Rock Music ***

7,070 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Hubert J. Farnsworth
Justice Beaver
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love me some Chevelle. Second the rec for the new album. Favorite song off it so far is Piistol Star. Kinda has an early Tool-ish vibe to it.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I really like this song off their new album.

C@LAg
snipped. meant to post in the metal thread.
VaultingChemist
AG
Yellerjacket said:

The new Chevelle is awesome. NIRATIAS. They've gone heavier the last couple of albums, but kind of went back to the classic Chevelle sound on this one. Worth checking out.
"Self Destructor", "Peach", and "Piistol Star" are amazing songs. I can't stop listening to them.
YouBet
AG
TTT

Watching Topic feature is not working. Just now listening to some of this.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG

Love these guys.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Oh and Royal Blood's new album just came out today.
Jim01
AG
Can't wait. My indie colored vinyl just shipped.

[Edit] Translucent Blue vinyl just spun. Really like it! Very much their brand of danceable/sexy/heavy rock. I mean every track starts with just a sw**** ass riff. Boilermaker is perfect example. Just a ridiculous beat/riff.

They better come through Houston ASAP.
Spyderman
AG

Best rock group on the planet today.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Big Cat `93
AG
First time I've checked out Royal Blood. Good stuff.
PatAg
AG
Justice Beaver said:

Love me some Chevelle. Second the rec for the new album. Favorite song off it so far is Piistol Star. Kinda has an early Tool-ish vibe to it.

Getting some Smashing Pumpkins a little as well, I think
Jim01
AG
Modest Mouse announced a new album and released a new single yesterday. Preordered the colored vinyl. Can't wait.

Also preordered the new Lord Huron recently. Looking forward to that as well.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
boy09
AG
Buck Turgidson
Mad Hatter said:

Born in '80. I grew up in what I consider one of the best eras of rock music (if not the best), so I was definitely spoiled in that regard. Just realizing the "newest" rock bands that I have in any kind of regular rotation are probably Volbeat and Avenged Sevenfold and they are 20 years old. I've found some great music recently in other genres (Tyler Childers comes to mind), but nothing in the rock world. Please help me scratch the itch!

No mediocre suggestions!!! I'm not trying to come out of this even more discouraged...

My favs growing up:
Tool
Alice in Chains
RATM
RHCP
GNR
Metallica
Soundgarden
Muse
Pantera
Smashing Pumpkins
White Zombie

Well you were BORN in a peak year for metal and hard rock releases. 1980 may never be beaten for all time great releases in those genres.
tk for tu juan
Matt Cameron

Spyderman
AG
Mad Hatter said:

Born in '80. I grew up in what I consider one of the best eras of rock music (if not the best), so I was definitely spoiled in that regard. Just realizing the "newest" rock bands that I have in any kind of regular rotation are probably Volbeat and Avenged Sevenfold and they are 20 years old. I've found some great music recently in other genres (Tyler Childers comes to mind), but nothing in the rock world. Please help me scratch the itch!

No mediocre suggestions!!! I'm not trying to come out of this even more discouraged...

My favs growing up:
Tool
Alice in Chains
RATM
RHCP
GNR
Metallica
Soundgarden
Muse
Pantera
Smashing Pumpkins
White Zombie

Born in '55 here, listened to Rush, BOC, Deep Purple etc. Thought the '70's were the pinnacle of good music. Wandered in music wilderness for over 40 yrs.. One day on YT. I came across a video of this group called Nighwish.Live from a well known music festival in Germany- Wacken. Was like someone finding water in a hot desert. Quickly learned other acts in this genre. Light years beyond anything from the '70s. Best band from the US I've sampled is group from Texas-Fair to Midland. Best pure rock group I've heard is Band Maid.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Big Cat `93
AG
Wolfgang Van Halen's album is out today. It's pretty dang good.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
KennyHoopla's new album/mixtape (not sure what the differentiation is anymore) just came out.
SgtBarbarossa
Along those lines, I'd add Youngblood Supercult, Pallbearer, and Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats. Doom metal with clean vocals is badass.
SgtBarbarossa
Using this thread to punch up this playlist, too

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6vW1qPGHPwXyo91gzfJ1p2?si=jG8zeZI-RZyJC9ywdbu2KQ&dl_branch=1
ElGoatarod
AG
My musical tastes are very similar to OP's. Probably these have already been mentioned but these are some of the bands I have been listening to lately.

Chevelle - The North Corridor
Thrice - Palms, To be everywhere is to be nowhere
Highly Suspect
Gojira - Fortitude, Magma
Des Rocs
Black Pistol Fire
Deftones - newest album is pretty good but not as good as pre-2012 stuff in my opinion
The Sword
Puscifer - can be hit or miss. Love their faster stuff.
Royal Blood
System of a Down - two new singles out
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Big Cat `93 said:

Wolfgang Van Halen's album is out today. It's pretty dang good.

I just randomly found that album today. Love it. It's such a good mix of rock genres. I highly recommend it to rock lovers. It's called Mammoth WVH.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.