Paved paradise...

1,832 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by chimpanzee
Bluecat_Aggie94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
.. and put up a parking lot.

I think I can declare with utmost certainty that we don't need any more versions of this song. Geez, just heard about the 46th different recording of this grating tune. Please, stop it. You can't make it better.
West Point Aggie
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

.. and put up a parking lot.

I think I can declare with utmost certainty that we don't need any more versions of this song. Geez, just heard about the 46th different recording of this grating tune. Please, stop it. You can't make it better.

Is the assumption that the original is any good? Your use of "grating" is spot on...
Let’s Go Brandon!
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Thanks for validating me. I have never posted on this board, just had to vent. All I needed is one person to validate me, you are the man.
Wicked Good Ag
To think Mr Jones did all of the work himself on the pavement is kinda amazing. One man crew and all the time I saw him he was just Hangingaround Round Here and didn't look like he was ever going to finish the job
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Don't even get me started about spots on my apples.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Gigem314
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

To think Mr Jones did all of the work himself on the pavement is kinda amazing. One man crew and all the time I saw him he was just Hangingaround Round Here and didn't look like he was ever going to finish the job
I bought myself a gray guitar...
Another Doug
AG
The end of the original is my least favorite ending of a good song ever. I hate it so much.
Bruce Almighty
AG
If you were in your late teens or 20s in the 90s, I think it was required to think the Counting Crows were our generation's Bob Dylan. Now, if I hear them, it's an immediate station change.
expresswrittenconsent
Bruce Almighty said:

If you were in your late teens or 20s in the 90s, I think it was required to think the Counting Crows were our generation's Bob Dylan. Now, if I hear them, it's an immediate station change.

Bro, these last 12 months have been a loooong December but there's reason to believe maybe this year will be better than the last.
Tanya 93
I like Counting Crows.

But I also like Hallmark Christmas movies
G Martin 87
AG
This is the best version of that song.

Timeless.
expresswrittenconsent
Pretenders rock
Jasomania
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Sounds like its going to be a Long December
jkag89
Yep, "Learning to Crawl" is a fantastic album.
Another Doug
AG
G Martin 87 said:

This is the best version of that song.

Timeless.
I prefer this one....

Dr.Rumack
Didn't realize there were any covers of this horrible song. Thank God!
ABattJudd
AG
Apparently Joni Mitchell wrote and recorded the song in the 70s. She said she was inspired looking out the window of her hotel room in Hawaii and seeing lush green mountains in the distance, but a huge parking lot right by the hotel.

Of course the song is griping about one of the things that is necessary for you to actually come and enjoy the view of the lush green mountains.

Dang smelly hippies.
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
chimpanzee
Whenever this song comes up, I like to point out how they put up a "paradise" across from a pavement plant.

El Segundo Swim Club

One block down Navigation from a Cemex distribution center.

I'd probably prefer to spend a day in a parking lot personally, but you know what I mean...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.