Latest album-Blue Oyster Cult

1,366 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Spyderman
Spyderman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of the finest US groups ever IMO. 1 yr short of half a century of greatness. Latest work is very good IMO:

thoughts?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
HtownAg92
AG
Spyderman said:

One of the finest US groups ever IMO. 1 yr short of half a century of greatness. Latest work is very good IMO:

thoughts?
Needs more cowbell.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Buck is way underrated.
Gigem314
AG

Spyderman
AG
First 2 albums were their finest IMO. Kinda like Rush and many other groups.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Racer X
AG
Thanks for the heads up! Listening now.
Spyderman
AG

maybe their best song

EVER..

The greater good?
The Kraken
AG
Quote:

Gotta disagree with that take.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
johnnyblaze36
AG
I love this song off of it:

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Spyderman said:

That's hysterical.....nobody thinks Rush's first 2 albums were their best. Nobody.

Neil Peart wasn't even on the first album. It had some straight ahead rock staples but lacked much creativity. The second album was a complete direction change and was not yet the peak of that sound.

Most don't think they truly hit their stride until the 4th album and the 5 albums from 1976 to 1981 are widely considered their peak:
A Farewell To Kings
Hemispheres
Permanent Waves
Moving Pictures

We just had a poll on here about the best Rush song and every song that made the top 16 was in that group of albums except one.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Spyderman said:

thoughts?
Needs more cowbell.
I would have been really disappointed if this hadn't been the first reply.
G Martin 87
AG
Spyderman said:

First 2 albums were their finest IMO. Kinda like Rush Boston and many other groups.
FIFY. Definitely not Rush.

Back to BOC, though. Glad to have them back and releasing new material. Listening now!
Big Cat `93
AG
Buck is severely underrated.
G Martin 87
AG
Tainted Blood is great. Classic BOC.
G Martin 87
AG
Edge of the World - oh, Lordy, Spyderman, subtlety is not your gift, is it? Well done, my friend.
KidDoc
AG
I listened to 30 minutes, hate it.

I like BOC big songs but not a superfan though.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Shakes the Clown
One of my favs, has that 80s vibe:

Off the same album, their best song IMO:

Spyderman
AG
KidDoc said:

I listened to 30 minutes, hate it.

I like BOC big songs but not a superfan though.

Give the song "Stand up and Fight" a listen. I think its their finest. EVER.

Very metal...which is good.

The greater good?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.