Pacific Rim - The Black ("anime" series/Netflix)

670 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by amercer
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?

If you could tolerate the movies, this is not that bad. It does start to dive into the weirder parts of the universe (the kaiju/jaeger combinations that showed up in the second movie).

There is a decent amount of action, but not as much as the trailer might lead you to believe.

7 episodes, 30 minutes each done in the modern cell shaded CGI anime style. Not great, not bad.
Voice acting is decent.

Biggest issue, it is an incomplete story that will be continued in the second season (both seasons were greenlit at the same time), Purely a money driven issue instead of story-based or audience -servicing.

you got time now? go ahead and watch. or just wait until the second season is released and binge the whole story.

edit to add: not younger kid friendly. Swearing and violence/gore (e.g., graphic headshot of a person, kaiju guts, etc)

hunter2012
AG
I've really like Netflix's adult animation, Castlevania and Ajin were both good so I'm sure I need to check this out.
AgsMnn
AG
Watched this with the kids. We all really enjoyed it and spend the entire weekend watching it.
amercer
AG
I enjoyed it. A very self contained story, but with the cool aspects of the universe. Also a bit of a play on the "man is the worst monster" theme.

I will say that I didn't know there was a pacific rimverse, and that lead me down a rabbit hole after the series was done to fill in some details. Not exactly Shakespeare, but it's hard to get mad at people who a least try to make new stories in Hollywood
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.