Tin Cup...

2,531 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Decay
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stolen from golf board but dude is tied for the lead in the 3rd round of the 9+ million dollar tournament and does this....awesome. My new favorite golfer. He would have hit the green if he went for it. He's gotta go for it tomorrow. I certainly will be watching.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
that's awesome
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TyHolden
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

that's awesome
yep - hopefully tomorrow's shot....

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
If he actually went for the green I think it would bounce over really hard and who knows where it would go. By going for the front side it caught in the rough. Easy pitch from there to be in eagle position.
Keegan99
AG
Let the big dog eat!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
That was cool, but dude is still a roid head whiny B.
TyHolden
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

If he actually went for the green I think it would bounce over really hard and who knows where it would go. By going for the front side it caught in the rough. Easy pitch from there to be in eagle position.
yeah, he'd literally need to hole it to slow it down...very similar to the tin cup shot. if I was the PGA or one of his sponsors, I'd pay him to go for it tomorrow. stuff like this gets the average fan watching.
Gigem314
AG
Romeo: 83. Well, you're humble now, holmes.
Roy: I was hungover.
Romeo: Well... that may have been a coaching error on my part.
Roy : Yeah, I think maybe it was. Thanks, amigo.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I guess I'm dumb, but what does this have to do with the Entertainment Board?
TyHolden
AG
John Daly tried this 23 years ago and finally got it on with his last ball. The average fan loves a Tin Cup moment. The loyal golfer will probably laugh at the risk involved (like don johnson's character) but it's definitely Entertainment if you liked the movie. Thought I'd share for the Cup fans.

https://golf.com/news/john-daly-18-bay-hill-bryson-2021/
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's a "Tin Cup" type moment IRL. Not complicated. It might not be your thing but some people who love that movie I guess just having fun with it.
TXAG 05
AG
Life imitating art
expresswrittenconsent
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You don't remember all the times somebody posted a thread here about a car wreck being like the Oscar winning film Crash? Or all the tines when a cop kills a badguy and people start "real life dirty Harry" threads?
shaynew1
AG
The Tin cup moment was Roy idiotically taking the low percentage shot every day in a tournament and multiple times on the final round while flushing the lead.

I'm sure Bryson spend a week doing calculations and measurements to know it was a safe bet with the conditions presented.
shaynew1
AG
The hate is directed at Bryson, not you ZJS
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Clearly doesn't remember Roy's 12
TyHolden
AG
shaynew1 said:

The Tin cup moment was Roy idiotically taking the low percentage shot every day in a tournament and multiple times on the final round while flushing the lead.

I'm sure Bryson spend a week doing calculations and measurements to know it was a safe bet with the conditions presented.
ahem....it's been done before but it's still entertainment. daly didn't have analytics, special grips, etc. all he had was pure strength, a pack of cigs, and a case of the beast. if you ever go to augusta, i recommend visiting hooters to visit the man. it's quite an experience.

https://golf.com/news/john-daly-18-bay-hill-bryson-2021/
TyHolden
AG
2 holes left to #6. Rory watered it earlier trying it.
TyHolden
AG
he did it again - awesome
Bruce Almighty
AG
Tin Cup is the most underrated sports movie of all time. I haven't seen it in 2-3 years and need to watch it again.
MW03
AG
MaximusDMeridius said:

he did it again - awesome
TyHolden
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Tin Cup is the most underrated sports movie of all time. I haven't seen it in 2-3 years and need to watch it again.
great shout out to Waffle House in movie
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
shaynew1 said:

LMAO. This is one of the most comical take I've ever seen on here and that says a lot.

Let me correct your statements - the bolded parts are my additions for clarity.

Quote:

The Tin cup moment was Roy idiotically taking the low percentage shot every day in a tournament and multiple times on the final round while flushing the lead - IN A FICTIONAL MOVIE.

I'm sure Bryson spend a week doing calculations and measurements to know it was a safe bet with the conditions presented - and went for it in a real tournament with $millions on the line and won.

Really (and this is not just you but a bunch of people I saw on twitter, etc.) sounds like jealousy.

I could really not care less, I don't give two hoots about Bryson - but it was ballsy and a huge moment capped by a win. Golf could use some bravado like that especially in the absence of Tiger. He won by a single stroke he could easily have had this blow up in his face. Kudos.

TyHolden
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

I could really not care less, I don't give two hoots about Bryson - but it was ballsy and a huge moment capped by a win. Golf could use some bravado like that especially in the absence of Tiger. He won by a single stroke he could easily have had this blow up in his face. Kudos.
This - golf needs more of this to get the average fan back. Not everybody liked JFF but they certainly tuned in when he was playing.
Decay
AG
Did he seriously birdie both today and yesterday?! You do all that work...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.