Raya and the Last Dragon

5,167 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jim01
AGC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

There is a nice little bit of spirituality in this that really has not been done in another mainstream animated movie, and it was handled delicately and felt real. Even the obvious "lesson" takeaway fit the story.

Can you expound on this?
G Martin 87
AG
Enjoyed the story, but am I the only one who immediately thought it had a lot of similarities to Infinity War + Endgame? Infinity Stone quest? "Bring everyone back"? Warring heroes with trust issues?
agdoc2001
AG
Saw this with 5 and 8 year old, both got bored and asked to leave mid-movie. They had a choice between going to bed and finishing this movie, and they preferred to got to bed. I was shocked as the 5 year old has practically never met a movie he didn't like and will rewatch even bad ones endlessly.

I thought the animation was well done, but the token "funny animal companion" could not have been a bigger miss. Awkwafina as the dragon is about a million miles from genie, timon/pumba, and olaf. I will also echo a previous poster who felt that this was meant to be an epic journey to the 5 kingdoms which felt rushed due to movie time constraints. It may have worked better as a 10 episode tv show than a movie.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JJxvi
AG
Just finished this. Not a fan. Really surprised at the level acclaim for this.
Jim01
AG
I actually really enjoyed this.

Watched it Friday night with my youngest, and then again Sunday with the middle child and really enjoyed it both times. It was also the first 4k movie watching on our new 65" Sony 4k and it looked gorgeous.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.