Scary Hours

3,656 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tennessee Aggie 17
Tennessee Aggie 17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I realize most people in this forum might be out of touch with today's music.... but is there any artist that is better than Drake?

I'll answer the question with no. And I won't accept any other answers. The man has been on top of the hip hop game for a a decade plus and has no signs of slowing down. He continues to out do himself and it's insane how many hits he comes out with.

Let the hate begin
FincAg
AG
Tennessee Aggie 17 said:

I realize most people in this forum might be out of touch with today's music.... but is there any artist that is better than Drake?

Yes
C@LAg
Tennessee Aggie 17 said:

.. but is there any artist that is better than Drake?

plenty.

hth
astros4545
AG
What instrument does Drake play?

Guitar? Drums?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Bieber is way better.
The Collective
AG
My god
Tobias Funke
AG
Can't imagine a worse way to start a music thread than with:

Quote:

I realize most people in this forum might be out of touch with today's music....

Sure when it comes to a Top 40 station replaying the same crap over and over all day, maybe Drake is in the upper echelon. He's clearly tapped into a formula that works.

But calling him the best artist out there today is one of the more hilarious things I've seen posted here, particularly right after insulting everyone on the board
Dumpster Fire
Taylor Swift is the one of the best artist today. Drake comes no where near her.

Even Sir Paul McCartney agrees
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
This is the best thing Drake has ever done:

But every one of his songs have started sounding the same to me. He needs to learn some different flows.
Petrino1
Champ Bailey said:

But every one of his songs have started sounding the same to me. He needs to learn some different flows.
Have you heard his grime songs? The man can do southern rap, east coast rap, grime, pop, rap like a jamaican, reggae, rap, sing, rnb. I can understand hating on drake, but not for his flows. The guy switches his flow up on every song.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Haven't heard him do Grime, but I generally like the genre. You mind sharing one you like?
Petrino1
Champ Bailey said:

Haven't heard him do Grime, but I generally like the genre. You mind sharing one you like?
These are the two best Drake grime songs. He does it surprisingly well. Hes friends with all those UK grime rappers and is a big fan.

Mule_lx
AG
Artist?

I'm still in the camp that Willie Nelson is an artist and George Strait is an entertainer. Both great just different.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Tennessee Aggie 17 said:

LMAO. Automatically a top ten candidate for Worst Opening Sentence - Texags Threads 2021.
pdc093
All I know about Drake, is that he appears in a State Farm commercial cuz he looks like 'Jake'.
hph6203
AG
pdc093 said:

All I know about Drake, is that he appears in a State Farm commercial cuz he looks like 'Jake'.
You can call him on his cell phone.

Now you know two things.
MASAXET
AG
Lemmon pepper is pretty fun
easttexasaggie04
AG
" I realize most people in this forum might be out of touch with today's music.... but is there any artist that is better than Drake?"

I want this on a t-shirt.
MW03
AG
If you base it on sales, influence, awards, streams, etc., Drake's definitely a top 10 "artist" from the last decade by any measure. Probably top 4 along with Ed Sheeran, Beyonce, and Taylor Swift if you account for everything.

Drake is an icon for sure. So are the others, if for different reasons. Ed Sheeran is the most-listened to and has the highest grossing/attended tours in history. Beyonce is a cultural icon. Taylor Swift has 7 #1 albums in the last 10 years and is the highest grossing female artist over that time period. She also writes her own songs.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
With that said, Scary Hours 2 is pretty good and the run he's been on is pretty impressive. I think he's in his later prime right now.
NoahAg
The only Drake song I've heard of is Gods Plan. And that's because my son plays it on the piano.
Bazooka Joe
AG
Tennessee Aggie 17 said:

If you'd just inserted "With all due respect" at the beginning, all of this could have been avoided.

Mr. White
Mumbling while sounding like you're on codeine. No better form of art in world history.
Shakes the Clown
Champ Bailey said:

Kuddos to his generosity, but that song is horrible
YouBet
AG
pdc093 said:

The only thing I know about drake is that I think he's the dude that was friends with Johnny?

Maybe that was someone else.
Tennessee Aggie 17
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Quote:

I realize most people in this forum might be out of touch with today's music....

Sure when it comes to a Top 40 station replaying the same crap over and over all day, maybe Drake is in the upper echelon. He's clearly tapped into a formula that works.

But calling him the best artist out there today is one of the more hilarious things I've seen posted here, particularly right after insulting everyone on the board

Tbh I would make the assumption most people on TexAgs still listens to **** George Strait and Willie Nelson puts out (which is hilarious enough in itself). So don't come at me like I'm a ****ing idiot when clearly this thread proves I'm not wrong. If you are listening to a top 40 station then you obviously don't know what the **** you're talking about. Ever heard of Sandra's Rose?? Furthest Thing?? Too Much(which is about the city of HOUSTON)??? Then to top off your top 40... you ever heard of the producer 40(which had won multiple awards for his production)?? Didn't think so. And that alone let's me know that you know absolutely nothing about Drake. Don't start throwing shots when you clearly haven't listened to enough of his work. Oh BTW Scary Hours pt 2 is on track to sell 110k this week which is unheard of for a 3 song EP. So obviously I don't know what the **** I'm talking about.

Oh also every Drake album has gone #1 for multiple weeks/months except Dark Lane Demo Tapes (throwaway tracks) and that's cause your boy Chesney was counting album sales with ticket sales for a tour that was never going to happen (COVID). What's next?
TyHolden
AG
Glad to see even JFF has a sock on texags
Tennessee Aggie 17
AG
MaximusDMeridius said:

Glad to see even JFF has a sock on texags

Lol gimme more than a sock.
Tennessee Aggie 17
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Quote:

****ing *****
TX AG 88
AG
I remember when one of the '03 crowd said the same about Limp Bizkit!
West Point Aggie
AG
Kevin Sumlin would agree with OP
Let’s Go Brandon!
hph6203
AG
This song hit number one and was the first to ever reach a million downloads, and was nominated for/won awards:

That should give you an idea how relevant any of what you posted is in a discussion of good or bad. If you want to say Drake is a money machine, sure, undoubtedly. His music still isn't good.

Drake's best work artistically was rolling around in a wheelchair in Canada. It's been all downhill since.
CheeseSndwch
Artists that Don't Develop Relationships w/14 Year Old Girls > Drake
Tanya 93
Tennessee Aggie 17 said:

I'll answer the question with no. And I won't accept any other answers. The man has been on top of the hip hop game for a a decade plus and has no signs of slowing down. He continues to out do himself and it's insane how many hits he comes out with.

Let the hate begin
at least 70?
Sex Panther
AG
I saw him at Madison Square Garden
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.