Have you guys started watching reaction videos during quarnatine?

7,913 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ghost91
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It is usually reactions to country, grunge, and rock with rap and hip hop thrown in

I love the reactions of these two channels

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX_uC0GfYw6UqiiR-6vxZBw

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJPOmOZzDxZZxPWFgeE50hQ
bobinator
AG
I thought this was going to be like movie theater reactions and I was going to say yes, don't think I've heard of this genre of reaction videos.
Tanya 93
bobinator said:

I thought this was going to be like movie theater reactions and I was going to say yes, don't think I've heard of this genre of reaction videos.
They are often really good.

Lost in Vegas ( the second link) loves Alice in Chains
Saxsoon
AG
Audience Reactions to Endgame i pop in every month or so

Loved watching reaction videos to season two of Mando
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
Jamel aka Jamal's videos are usually really good
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I've been living a 9-year reaction video of telling my kids what life was like before the Internet.
Duncan Idaho
These are about the only video trends that appeals to me less than video game streaming videos
AgBQ-00
AG
It is amazing to me how many people are shocked that white bands make really good music

ETA: Also shocking how many people don't see the deeper meaning of songs like Master of Puppets unless it is explained to them
Tanya 93
Duncan Idaho said:

These are about the only video trends that appeals to me less than video game streaming videos
You need to watch technoblade!
Duncan Idaho
AgBQ-00 said:

It is amazing to me how many people are shocked that white bands make really good music

ETA: Also shocking how many people don't see the deeper meaning of songs like Master of Puppets unless it is explained to them

What is the deeper meaning?
AgBQ-00
AG
The whole thing is about drug use and how the drug is the master.
Duncan Idaho
AgBQ-00 said:

The whole thing is about drug use and how the drug is the master.

In that case I have to ask:
What the hell else would that song be about?
What idiots think it is about is probably more shocking
c-jags
AgBQ-00 said:

i don't watch these normally, but i did enjoy the twins that had the funny reaction to "in the air tonight."

they lost their minds at the drums and it was pretty wholesome.
AgBQ-00
AG
Most I have seen didn't really think it was about anything until they paid attention to the words. I have seen some where they thought it was satanic because it is by a metal band. It really is quite funny.
mazag08
AG
There's a couple where musicians while pause a song and talk about the skill and technical side of what you are hearing. It's fascinating.

But watching generic dorks act surprised to seeing things for the first time?

Dumb.
Duckhook
AG
VW_Bus_Guy said:

Jamel aka Jamal's videos are usually really good

I like Jamel's. I also check out Andy & Alex every now and then.
expresswrittenconsent
The amount of people who believe these two guys have never heard the biggest hits of GnR or Eagles or Van Halen is surprising.
tk for tu juan
Beth Roars

The Charismatic Voice
mazag08
AG
She was one of the ones I was referring to. Pretty cool to hear her explain the technical side of vocals. And she isn't scared to do metal songs and is usually quite amazed at the skill she hears.
Apache
AG
Quote:

The amount of people who believe these two guys have never heard the biggest hits of GnR or Eagles or Van Halen is surprising.

My nieces & nephews are in the 16-20 year old range & had no idea who Soundgarden or Peal Jam were. They were vaguely familiar with a few AC/DC songs. Could not identify Red Hot Chili Peppers.
I asked my nephew what he listened to before sports events to get fired up & he said Rap/HipHop.
(I have raised my kids better & they know Rock & Roll and plenty of 70's/80's pop. Can't get them to like classic country though)

I'm hate to say it but rock is dead because it no longer appeals to youth. The style of music that defined my youth has gone the way of freaking Jazz.
The Collective
AG
I am ashamed to admit that I really like Blind Wave. They are reaction / discussion.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Sometimes I watch kids react or the other one where they have kids try to guess older popular songs.

This one is entertaining.

JoCoAg09
AG
My favorite was when Lost in Vegas did their first Chris Stapleton.

c-jags
Apache said:

Quote:

My nieces & nephews are in the 16-20 year old range & had no idea who Soundgarden or Peal Jam were. They were vaguely familiar with a few AC/DC songs. Could not identify Red Hot Chili Peppers.
I asked my nephew what he listened to before sports events to get fired up & he said Rap/HipHop.
(I have raised my kids better & they know Rock & Roll and plenty of 70's/80's pop. Can't get them to like classic country though)

I'm hate to say it but rock is dead because it no longer appeals to youth. The style of music that defined my youth has gone the way of freaking Jazz.

Yeah. My son likes rap a lot. He steers clear of explicit stuff as much as I can tell (we share a Spotify account) but I've mostly given up on trying to get him into rock with me. I will say things like Guardians of the Galaxy are a good bridge for some 70s/80s stuff.

One of the more interesting things was that I found he has an entire playlist of Hans Zimmer, Max Richtor, Ramin Djawadi, Ludwig Gransson, etc.

I've heard "The night king" playing from his room on more than once and It will stop me because the kid has never seen an episode of GoT
Cromagnum
AG
mazag08 said:

There's a couple where musicians while pause a song and talk about the skill and technical side of what you are hearing. It's fascinating.

But watching generic dorks act surprised to seeing things for the first time?

Dumb.

This. Putting in zero effort to capitalize on someone else's video is lame as hell.
AggieChemist
AG
Generally, I hate X REACTS TO Y...

But I love this one. She's cute as hell, and I think she needs a towel after this one.

West Point Aggie
AG
Most reaction videos are dumb and "thumb-nailed" as click-bait. Most realize, "oh wow people who can sing and don't rely on auto-tune"...a very tired bunch, they all seem to react to the same stuff.

I often find it hard to believer someone in their 20s really has to react to people like Adele or Beyonc. Older artists I get.

OP, PS: "quarantine?!?" It is no longer March 2020...get out some!
Let’s Go Brandon!
Icecream_Ag
S
Tanya 93 said:

It is usually reactions to country, grunge, and rock with rap and hip hop thrown in

I love the reactions of these two channels

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX_uC0GfYw6UqiiR-6vxZBw

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJPOmOZzDxZZxPWFgeE50hQ

reactions are how I found out about nightwish and then fell down the symphonic metal rabbit hole.
DallasTeleAg
I will find myself binging music and movie reaction videos.
LeisureSuitLarry
I wish these guys would play the whole song and then give their opinion. I hate, hate the constant interruptions.
AgBQ-00
AG
LeisureSuitLarry said:

I wish these guys would play the whole song and then give their opinion. I hate, hate the constant interruptions.

Yeah it sucks but they have to do it that way to keep from getting tagged for copyright infringment
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
mazag08 said:

She was one of the ones I was referring to. Pretty cool to hear her explain the technical side of vocals. And she isn't scared to do metal songs and is usually quite amazed at the skill she hears.

Her review of Iron Maiden (Bruce Dickinson) doing Hallowed Be Thy name is just awesome. You can actually find many others doing the same song.

She is totally blown away at his diction, power, range, control, etc... but also the song itself and the theatric nature of it with the intro bells and tempo changes, etc. this is from a live performance and three things to keep in mind regarding that.

1. this is from a more recent concert not the 80s. the dude is 60+ years old here
2. that song is usually late in a concert set so he has been singing for 2 hours already
3. this is after the dude beat throat cancer

Ags-R-Better
I get in some serious rabbit holes of reaction videos...this is one of the funniest I have seen, this guy just cracks me up.

Def watch around the 12 min mark.
DallasTeleAg
I find it sad that someone on this thread is calling people who enjoy watching these, "stupid".

Many of us enjoy sharing things we love with others and find it enjoyable to watch people experience these things we care about. Don't know why that is considered "stupid" to someone.
cbr
AG
The one where the dude found out the Beegees were white was pretty classic.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.