Mortal Kombat

17,369 Views | 155 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 213 Grove
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm so confused. They were all running around chaotically, he had to hit his mark and yell Mortal Kombat?

I guess this means it was done for actual video of some sort. Anyone know where it was used?
Red Five
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm so confused. They were all running around chaotically, he had to hit his mark and yell Mortal Kombat?

I guess this means it was done for actual video of some sort. Anyone know where it was used?
Gotta be the commercial for the home console release. It fits the description and definitely has the yell. I definitely remember the commercial.

He said he filmed it 29 years ago which would be 1992. The home console ports were released in 1993.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hah! Nice.
MASAXET
AG
Red Five said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Gotta be the commercial for the home console release. It fits the description and definitely has the yell. I definitely remember the commercial.

He said he filmed it 29 years ago which would be 1992. The home console ports were released in 1993.

Yes that's right. Some outlet did an interview with the guy a couple weeks ago and he described it. He had just moved to NYC and went to the casting call for the commercial. They had a bunch of different people do the yell, but the director picked his. The guy didn't know it was him in the song until years later.
Tibbers
That commercial was better than the new movie.
AMW2010
AG
Ok... now that I believe and that's pretty awesome haha. I have never seen that commercial, how cool!
Red Five
AG
Seeing that takes me back. In the early 90s I was obsessed with arcade fighting games and the home releases for MKI and MKII came out in back to back years around my birthday. Getting MKII on SNES for my birthday is an all-time memory for me.
MASAXET
AG
Here it is (pretty fun read): Mortal Kombat movie theme: An interview with the guy who yells "Mortal Kombat." (slate.com)
The Dirty Sock
Couldn't finish watching this. I just couldn't.
redline248
AG
The Dirty Sock said:

You must not like fun
Madmarttigan
AG
Look I like stupid mindless crap, but this movie is equally as bad as the original. It just has updated awesome looking fights. I'm not going to blame someone for thinking it is terrible, because welll... it is.
PneumAg
redline248 said:

The Dirty Sock said:

You must not like fun

Your idea of "fun" must be diving head first into a flaming dumpster.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'm surprised we haven't had the "what'd you expect, Citizen Kane?" post yet.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You mean Citizen Kage.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

I'm surprised we haven't had the "what'd you expect, Paddington 2?" post yet.

Fixed.
rhutton125
AG
I think I said "I'm not expecting Citizen Kane" going into it somewhere.

Man... I can't stop thinking about Mortal Kombat for no reason. I never really liked these games that much, but we spent countless summer days trying to fight Smoke or Noob Saibot. It's like I have nostalgia for the games, and all the little inside jokes and characters that have been added since, and yet, I don't want to play them. I don't want to watch it again, and yet, Sub-Zero freezing Jax's arms off brought me such joy.

The MK11 fatalities montage was making me lol too:
213 Grove
AG
Very disappointed in the movie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.