Record Store Day Black Friday

802 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jasomania
Jim01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody participate in any RSD this year. A couple releases on the Black Friday event caught my eye. I'm in Houston but out of town for Thanksgiving. Anybody know if Cactus music or anybody has their offerings online?
Philo B 93
I'm not a big RSD guy, but I did some damage on the $.97 album wall in Cactus a few weeks ago. Who doesn't need some Guess Who, Sha Na Na, and a few Christmas albums for a $5 bill?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Cactus appears to be opting for the most tedious process they could think of:
https://cactusmusictx.com/news/record-store-day-record-drop-82920-social-distance-safety-rules-guidelines/

Lol at all the warnings about bad behavior forfeiting a place in line. Is record store day normally some kind of huge stampede? They sound like they're anticipating a 1990's Black Friday.

*direct answer to your question:
Quote:

Online orders via platforms to be announced later may be available after line has passed.
One thing has not changed: We cannot hold or reserve items per the RSD store pledge that we signed.

Please do not ask us to do so.
I'd guess all stores sign that same sacred pledge.
Jasomania
AG
I've been to Cactus on RSD in the past and it really is that crazy, there will be a line around the block all day. So I get it seems extreme but their policy is likely the only way to prevent giant lines of people gathering all day. Cactus gets a ton of stuff for RSD so you can usually come by the next week and find what you are looking for unless it's something that's particularly in demand. I try avoid RSD because of the lines but inevitably they have some exclusive that I need that I'll either get the next week or pick up on eBay. Usually you can get RSD releases on eBay for 25ish
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.