***Long Way Up*** AppleTV+

558 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WillD
Buck Laughlin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No one has brought this show up yet, but I'm a big fan of the earlier installments, so hopefully others will give it a try. So far there are three episodes out with more coming soon.

The series chronicles a road trip from the southern tip of South America to LA by Ewan McGregor and his buddy Charley Boorman. They've done this before in the excellent Long Way Round and pretty good Long Way Down, but this time they're doing it (mostly) on electric vehicles.

They're riding prototype Harleys and the support crew are driving the very first functioning Rivians. They do have some support/camera folks in standard vehicles (they don't hide them, but also don't talk much about them), but a main part of the show so far is about the struggles of keeping the bikes powered up.

If anyone is worried about it being too "green", you can tell they (especially McGregor) think and want electric to be the way of the future, but they are very honest about the shortcomings of the technology today.

Desert Power
AG
I just started watching it and I love it so far 3 episodes in. I loved the first 2 series they did and am looking forward to more episodes.
WillD
AG
Been interesting watching their struggle to power the bikes up daily and also to meet deadlines like getting on ferries/boats to cross to another city or country. Watch and then if you haven't, check out the other two series.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.