Akira back in theaters in 4K!

880 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by C@LAg
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Just saw the Cinemark in B/CS is showing the classic anime movie starting tomorrow. I'll be taking my youngest (who's really into anime recently) to see this absolutely mind-blowing film this weekend.

I saw this movie 3 or 4 times waaaayyyy back in the summer of 1990 in a tiny theater in San Antonio, right before I started at A&M. It was a blast.
Nixter
AG
4K UHD release coming Dec 22.
toucan82
Can't wait to be one of 3 people watching this in a theater
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Well, my son and I will make two for the 7:30pm showing on Friday, so there will be room for one more.......
Fenrir
I posted this on the anime thread. I'm hoping to make a showing. This is one of my favorites all time but was too young to see at the theaters.

The place I found made it sound like it's japanese with subtitles which would be a little disappointing to me.
DanHo2010
AG
Saw this last night, super cool. The picture quality was off the charts. The subs were fine even though I'm usually a dub man.
Duncan Idaho
DanHo2010 said:

Saw this last night, super cool. The picture quality was off the charts. The subs were fine even though I'm usually a dub man.

Well now I know to ignore everything you post.
DanHo2010
AG
I know, I know. I'm lazy. Although I do like subs more in the theater than at home. Ip Man, Hero, etc, never bothered me. And I watched Death Note and AoT with subs.
Cromagnum
AG
Nothing like seeing a giant gore blob in 4K on the big screen.
immortal_kumquat
4k is lower resolution than the original 35mm print /histag
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.