Happy LOST Day

5,286 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jim01
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You probably want to wait on watching those youtube videos until you get thru the whole series or at least to Season 6. There are a lot spoilers for things you haven't seen yet in Seasons 4, 5, and 6
Tabasco
AG
I want to do a rewatch. The texags thread was epic, back when there was a week between shows. So many smart people that would post stuff like listening posts, linking names like Locke, Hume, and faraday. Seemed like each episode ended in a cliffhanger, then I would get on texags thread and my mind would be blown.
Tabasco
AG
Just looked it up. 90 hours to watch entire show.
TriumphForks
AG
Wow. Stumbled upon this thread and getting all the feels. The texags play by play threads back in the day were legendary. I had never before nor ever since been so highly invested in a show. Definitely need to rewatch.
tk for tu juan
The cool thing about rewatching it 10 years after it finished is how different your view on the show changes based on life experiences since it originally aired. A lot more focused on the relationship/memories aspect of the show compared to the science/mystery.

I just wish they would have kept up the fake websites the producers/writers created for the different companies on the show, and left the fake commercials for the companies at the end of the credits.
Jim01
AG
I was the same way with that episode. I mean the episode starts with Jack, looking ragged and hairy like he's been on an island for years, flying back from Sydney to Los Angeles and when there is the slightest bit of turbulence he looks visibly rattled. The minute I saw that I thought "Oh sheet! We are seeing him go home! We are in the future!" So the end was no shock at all.

I have rewatched and it holds up as one of my top 5 shows of all time. I echo the poster that it was all about the emotions and relationships, not the mystery. If you understand that then the end is beautiful.

I also feel like most of the people who hated the ending don have legitimate reasons.

"They didn't answer anything!" Like what? The numbers? The Island? The smoke monster? They were all answered. Some lines were abandoned but most all the major questions were addressed.

"They were dead the entire time!" You have to be an idiot to have gotten that from it all. Gesh!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.