***The Devil All The Time*** New Netflix Movie

2,590 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DTP02
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks very intriguing. Has Rob Pattinson and Tom Holland in it. Tuning in now.
TCTTS
AG
I keep reading that this is brutally and needlessly depressing. But the trailer looks good, and yeah, it's a great cast.

Curious to hear your thoughts.
Kate Beckett
AG
Brutally depressing is not what I need right now with my mental state. I will wait for right time to watch and see if reviews make me want to watch at all
Saint Pablo
It was pretty brutal and dark, but that was all a part of the story...I wouldn't say that it was needless...it is all about violence intertwined with faith. The story honed in on a variety of characters and over complicated itself at times, I felt, but honestly the movie was really good. Everyone in the cast was impressive to me, namely Holland and Pattinson. I am blown away every time I see him act, from Good Time, to Tenet, to The Lighthouse, to this. He just does a phenomenal job portraying whatever role he is in. I am becoming a huge fan of his.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
TCTTS said:

I keep reading that this is brutally and needlessly depressing. But the trailer looks good, and yeah, it's a great cast.

Curious to hear your thoughts.
The film has a The Place Beyond the Pines feel to it, although I thought this movie was much better. Phenomenal performances by Pattinson, Holland, and Skarsgard. It is quite dark and definitely depressing, but I certainly wouldn't call it "needlessly" so, much like I wouldn't call The Road "needlessly depressing". It is an adaptation of an excellent, albeit bleak novel. I think the film has some issues with editing and exposition via narration, but it is very entertaining, and once again the performances by the film's star-studded cast are amazing. I'd give it an 8/10 and would definitely recommend.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Saint Pablo
Well said Doc.
TCTTS
AG
That's great to hear. Glad you both liked it, and thanks for the rundowns. Will definitely check it out now.
Thunder18
AG
If it follows the book it will most definitely be depressing and extremely violent
Saint Pablo
It is both of those things!
TCTTS
AG
Ok, now I have to see this movie...

PatAg
AG
I hear a lot of Elvis in that
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
PatAg said:

I hear a lot of Elvis in that

He's a flamboyant preacher from Tennessee, so the accent choice makes sense.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gggmann
AG
I watched it last night - feel good movie of the year for sure, especially the part when Pennywise was making little spiderman pray for his momma. Then later spiderman had to fight a vampire, John Conner, and winter soldier.

Seriously, I thought it was ok - not great, not terrible. I could have done without the narrator.
goadius6
AG
Watched this last night, i'd say don't waste your time honestly. Seemed to drag on and on. Great performance by Pattinson, Holland was good too. But just seemed like i didn't care about everyone else, and the intertwining stories to the conclusion didn't hit for me.
DTP02
AG
Kate Beckett said:

Brutally depressing is not what I need right now with my mental state. I will wait for right time to watch and see if reviews make me want to watch at all

What we all really need right now is a brutally depressing, highly politicized, and racially charged movie about a global pandemic and resulting economic collapse!

Starring LeBron James.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.