*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

291,747 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
i is smart
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BrownCoat said:

I think the key is what he said about "the power is in the story." Last time she took it was in front of all the clans where they could claim allegiance and agree to be ruled by her. This time the clans are scattered and in hiding. She needs to say she won it in combat and in order to convince the others to join her. Otherwise they will use it as a reason not to follow her and remain in hiding.
That makes a lot more sense now. His brief dialogue seemed to hit home for her. I suspect we'll get a better explanation next year.
PatAg
AG
Also, where did it ever mention the dark troopers were made out of beskar? Is that just the assumption because of Gideon helping subdue Mandalor/owning the Darksaber?
C@LAg
PatAg said:

Also, where did it ever mention the dark sabers were made out of beskar? Is that just the assumption because of Gideon helping subdue Mandalor/owning the Darksaber?
There is only one darksaber.

There is no information yet whether it is made of beskar. It very well likely could be, but nothing has been said about it.
djmeen95
AG
Looks like Disney made YouTube pull the video linked from an earlier post by DallasTeleAg. Thanks for sharing that.

Here is another link to that integrated comparison hallway vid:

Saxsoon
AG
Ban Cow Gas said:

dromo07 said:

It's about honor. She can't take something she did not win in combat. So now she has to fight Mando to win it
Did she realize that after she accepted it from Sabine?
Read the article I posted earlier. There is speculation that she believes that when she accepted it, she wasn't able to create the proper balance that allowed Mandolore to thrive but instead fall.
PatAg
AG
C@LAg said:

PatAg said:

Also, where did it ever mention the dark sabers were made out of beskar? Is that just the assumption because of Gideon helping subdue Mandalor/owning the Darksaber?

There is no information yet whether it is made of beskar. It very well likely could be, but nothing has been said about it.
I meant dark troopers, aka the droids that people on previous threads were discussing being made out of beskar when nothing in the show indicated that was so that I recall.
Vince Blake
Watching that episode...I felt like the food critic in Ratatouille who takes the bite and is immediately transported back to being a kid. Man that was awesome.

And what I think was a subtle nod....Destroy Droid was a Light Side Force power in KotOR.
C@LAg
PatAg said:

C@LAg said:

PatAg said:

I meant dark troopers, aka the droids that people on previous threads were discussing being made out of beskar when nothing in the show indicated that was so that I recall.
i do not believe it was stated they are made of beskar. it is too rare a material to be used as that. and given that Luke could easily cut through them, we can assume they are not made of it.

in the Legends continuity, they are made with Phrik (yes, frick) which is similar to beskar in properties. But that is not yet canon in current continuity.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Must be some nice padding inside the helmet to absorb those hits
Max Power
AG
Saxsoon said:

I mentioned a few weeks ago I lost my job but will be moving out to Dallas in a few weeks. Been watching this with my dad since I moved in a few months ago until I got a job. He is 60 years old and I saw a kid again at seeing the green lightsaber. He didn't want to believe it was Luke until the hood dropped. We didn't care about the stilted face. That was freaking Luke Skywalker in the flesh talking to Din and Grogu and then R2D2 showed up and he was laughing hysterically.

We can ***** about Star Wars but it is moments like this that make it all worth it.
That's awesome you got to share that with your dad. I was watching it with my 4 year old. She didn't get why Luke was a big deal but at the very end she was yelling " Dad, that's R2D2! Dad, that's R2D2!"

Then my wife said "You're both nerds."

A great dad/daughter moment for me.

The Collective
AG
My daughter was excited about R2 too. The way Grogu reacted to R2 was perfect...
The Collective
AG
Still curious why Boba didn't just kill Cobb Vanth (sp?) and take his armor back earlier? Why wait for Mando to get it?
Flashdiaz
AG
Feel bad for Mando, lost his kid, his ship got blown up and now he's stuck on a ship of only females and one of them wants to fight him.
Fat Bib Fortuna
I Have Spoken said:

Still curious why Boba didn't just kill Cobb Vanth (sp?) and take his armor back earlier? Why wait for Mando to get it?

Because one guy has a stick and a gun and the other has a suit of mandalorian combat armor.
MandoArms
Flashdiaz said:

Feel bad for Mando, lost his kid, his ship got blown up and now he's stuck on a ship of only females and one of them wants to fight him.
Someone needs to right a country song about this...
IG: mando_arms
mazag08
AG
Flashdiaz said:

If he's smart he'll get a good lawyer
512Ag
AG
Well that was fun!
I must have had some kind of crazy expression on my face as Luke fought his way through the Dark Troopers, because my wife, who was watching something else on the iPad, kept giving me these sideways looks. I just said, "It's Luke Skywalker!" and she understood.

Also, I'm not a sequel hater - even TLJ has grown on me - but, man, they really missed the mark by not having Luke do some real damage in at least one of those movies.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
512Ag said:

Well that was fun!
I must have had some kind of crazy expression on my face as Luke fought his way through the Dark Troopers, because my wife, who was watching something else on the iPad, kept giving me these sideways looks. I just said, "It's Luke Skywalker!" and she understood.

Also, I'm not a sequel hater - even TLJ has grown on me - but, man, they really missed the mark by not having Luke do some real damage in at least one of those movies.

Yeah. In Episode 7, the even tease you about it by showing a star destroyer Luke pulled out of space with the force. How could they not understand that's the kind of thing we have wanted to see from him since he beat the emperor nearly 40 years ago?
Decay
AG
Star destroyer pulled out of space? What?!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Decay said:

Star destroyer pulled out of space? What?!

https://geektyrant.com/news/new-star-wars-novel-claims-that-luke-skywalker-can-pull-down-star-destroyers-with-the-force
amercer
AG
Luke got a little OP in the EU....
Jim01
AG
That link mentions a novel and a video game. There is absolutely no implication in episode 7 about Luke doing that, unless I missed it.

I for one liked the sequels overall but yes there were tons of bad moments. I think these series could help save them a bit if they help flush out some of the story.
Definitely Not A Cop
Fat Bib Fortuna
That happened in the force unleashed with a completely diff3rent character.
amercer
AG
The novel (which is a story of possible tall tales) says that's what Luke did in the battle of Jakku. The novel is canon.

Also I have vague memories of him doing this is in the EU somewhere although I'm no expert on that
AggieSportsGuy
AG
I feel the same way. I really enjoyed it mainly because I've stopped feeling like everything needs to be perfect in life. Felt like a kid again.
AggieSportsGuy
AG
Flashdiaz said:

He still has a knocked out Moff to keep him comfy.
Lathspell
AG
I Have Spoken said:

My daughter was excited about R2 too. The way Grogu reacted to R2 was perfect...
That was interesting.

Was R2 excited to see Grogu because he reminded R2 of Yoda, or was R2 the one who saved Grogu from the temple?
Decay
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

I Have Spoken said:

That was interesting.

Was R2 excited to see Grogu because he reminded R2 of Yoda, or was R2 the one who saved Grogu from the temple?

He was with Anakin the whole time right? R2 is probably a traitor and should be executed
Fat Bib Fortuna
Tall tales generally means not true. There is an entire canon novel called Empires End that details the Battle of Jakku and luk3 is not in it.
jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

djmeen95 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm sorry, this is just incorrect.

You realize Kennedy is a producer, right? Not a director. Not a writer. Her job is literally to hire the right people and approve the right projects.

She absolutely gets credit for this just as she does for everything that's happened in the Disney era.

Agree to disagree.

She's a walking epitome of what's wrong with big companies. Leaders promoted beyond their capabilities who milk any lightning in a bottle success they can stumble upon from the people beneath them while avoiding being held accountable for the messes they create.

Favreau and his team have been amazing. Kennedy has been a bad steward of this property.

But go ahead and keep whatever candles on you may have on the Kennedy altar, and I'll keep the voodoo doll out on mine.

Here are just a few of Kennedy's producing credits over her nearly 40-year producing career...

E.T.
Poltergeist
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Gremlins
The Goonies
The Back to the Future Trilogy
Empire of the Sun
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The Jurassic Park Trilogy
Schindler's List
Twister
The Sixth Sense
Signs
Seabiscuit
Munich
Lincoln

but.....Signs sucked nuts
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm insane with anger!
jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Re: the girl power moment

I absolutely agree that THAT'S how you do one. And I know that because in the moment, it never even crossed my mind that it was all women, I just saw a bunch of badasses wrecking shop.

Wasn't till after that I realized, and kind of laughed to myself how badly Endgame had forced their scene.
also THIS! This thought never even crossed my mind until I read it here. They were just badass characters properly built up and developed to be believeable in their role
Lathspell
AG
jokershady said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Re: the girl power moment

I absolutely agree that THAT'S how you do one. And I know that because in the moment, it never even crossed my mind that it was all women, I just saw a bunch of badasses wrecking shop.

Wasn't till after that I realized, and kind of laughed to myself how badly Endgame had forced their scene.
also THIS! This thought never even crossed my mind until I read it here. They were just badass characters properly built up and developed to be believeable in their role
Crossed my mind the entire time. However, I've voiced that frustration with the entire series with everyone doing this.

But they redeemed themselves with the Luke scene, so I move on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.