****** THE GREAT MOVIE INSTRUMENTAL SOUNDTRACK TOURNAMENT OF 2020 ******

24,999 Views | 520 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by G Martin 87
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Muck, I created a playlist on spotify from the round of 64 in your honor, and it's carrying me through the week.
G Martin 87
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

2) Game of Thrones moments - I have the opening nominations about 90% done
Sounds like you know the answer here.

Can't wait.
The #1 seed should be The Drop. Just check the fan reaction videos. No other scene comes close.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
my #1 seed is Khal Drogo taking Dany to pound town, but to each his own.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

2) Game of Thrones moments - I have the opening nominations about 90% done
Sounds like you know the answer here.

Can't wait.
The #1 seed should be The Drop. Just check the fan reaction videos. No other scene comes close.

ooohhhh i don't know about that.

Dany alone had 5-6 that are definitely top 10 for me.

- coming out of the funeral pyre with dragons
- burning the khals temple to the ground and walking out
- Dracarys Dany burns the slave traders at Astapor and gets the Unsullied
- Dany and Drogon "discuss" the terms of surrender, joined by their siblings they torch the fleet at Mereen
- destroying the Lannister army
- attack at the Pit and Dany flies off on her first flight

And as Muck said...well Dany getting deflowered (ahem) although I kinda like when she reverses the power dynamic on Drogo and she takes control which was really her first "ride".

I'm an unabashed Dany fan.

Of course also my namesake standing in front of the charging army in Battle of the *******s. Or the battle at Hardhome. Geeze... so many.

the Viper vs The Mountain was epic.

so so many

one of my absolute favorite less action oriented dramatic moments though - Tyrions speech at his trial. Or Tyrion killing his dad on Father's Day no less.

Damn.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm not sure The Drop - which I never even heard it called before it even in my top 20. This is a tournament that definitely has to be randomized in groups because particularly seasons 3 and 4 are just non stop greatness.
Tanya 93
I like when Ramsay dies
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Drop - Arya killing NK?
G Martin 87
AG
This is The Drop. Lots of fun crowd reactions. (The Burlington Bar is a great channel.)

No other GoT scene has this kind of swing from despair to utter joyful celebration in 10 seconds time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That first one (from Brazil) really does seem like they just saw Brazil score the game-winning goal to win the WC.

Insanity.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My favorite moments (as far as crowd reactions go):

Red Wedding - Saw this at a bar in Houston. You could hear a pin drop.

Joffrey dying - Had moved to NY by then, and saw it at Professor Thom's bar. (Where I saw a ton of the big moments from Seasons 4 - 7.) People whooped, celebrated, and drank to his death. Fun times.

Arya unmasking / Frey Pie - Honestly the loudest yelling I ever heard in this place. Like winning the World Cup loud. Still get a kick out of it when I think about it. (And a little upset I didn't think to record that moment. But obviously I had no idea it was coming. Though I later got to make up for it...)

Cersei blowing up the Sept - 50% yelling in shock / dismay at the death of Margaery, the other half cheering at the death of the High Sparrow. Free green jello shots came out right after. (Still don't know how they knew to do that, but I guess it was a pretty big theory. Maybe the owner reads leaks...)

Littlefinger trial - I'll let the video speak for itself.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I hate that Littlefinger moment. Eddard Stark would be disgusted by that sort of display under his own roof. Not something his kids would do.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm sure Eddard Stark wasn't too thrilled with his daughter being married off to the Boltons and raped under his roof, either.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Read the books? Yes or no?
tk for tu juan
Ag 11
AG
G Martin 87 said:

This is The Drop. Lots of fun crowd reactions. (The Burlington Bar is a great channel.)

No other GoT scene has this kind of swing from despair to utter joyful celebration in 10 seconds time.

The one at the 8:10 mark is the best
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Your champion, further cementing the truth that Star Wars is better than everything else, ever, anywhere, forever. And check out how smokin' hot Olivia-Newton John was in early 1978.

#3 Star Wars 72%, #1 Jurassic Park 28%

Consolation Bracket

#2 The Empire Strikes Back 52%, #4 The Two Towers 48%

This was very much a team effort. Special thanks to everyone who nominated, everyone who voted, and the Indian people across the street who decided Wednesday afternoon was the best time to have a wedding reception at their house.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Great tourney.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
As it should be

#1 SW
#2 ESB

always in my book
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

As it should be

#1 SW
#2 ESB

always in my book
Chipotlemonger
AG
Great bracket.
Thunder18
AG
Thanks as always for putting this together Muck
wangus12
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Mine was a swing from joy to despair. Arya's character became an untouchable superhero and it was dumb as hell that she got to kill the NK, depriving us of what should have been an epic Jon showdow
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It should've been Cersei that Arya killed.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It should've been Cersei that Arya killed.

Yep. Man that final season really didn't do much right at all.
G Martin 87
AG
Don't blame me. I told those guys that Ghost was supposed to get the kill, but all they kept blabbering about was "oh no, we've got to use the CGI budget on dragons and pitch black scenes at Winterfell!"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I would have paid money to watch a scene where Arya advances on cersei repeating the names on her list - all of them dead - like indigo Montoya in princess bride.
Chipotlemonger
AG
The show runners completely forgot that the list was a thing I guess
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sort of how Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet.
Yoda
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Your champion, further cementing the truth that Star Wars is better than everything else, ever, anywhere, forever. And check out how smokin' hot Olivia-Newton John was in early 1978.

So much truth in that entire statement, Muck!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'll try to role out the group round of GoT Moments next Tuesday. I did a ton of them about a month ago, but that is sort of a detriment because I'm sure I left some off and will need to roll back through the episodes to make sure I've got most of the "hits".

For the muddled mess of season 8, I will say that this moment really had me pumped.

G Martin 87
AG
Bump to post this brilliant discussion of the merits of Basil Poledouris' score for Conan, which I nominated for this very tournament. Alas, it didn't win. Fake Arnold also mentions a bunch of other tournament entries here. (Watch to the end.) Great stuff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.