What are some movies/shows you've watched...

2,330 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ibarra
brew82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What are some movies/shows you've watched, that you might not have, if the shutdown didn't happen? I made a list below of ones I've watched, a lot of westerns, with the main actor(s)/actress listed. What have you watched?
Movies
My Name is Nobody- Henry Fonda
The Scalphunters- Burt Lancaster, Telly Savalas
Bone Tomahawk- Kurt Russell
The Kid- Ethan Hawke, Chris Pratt
Chato's Land- Charles Bronson
The Ballad of Left Brown- Bill Pullman
Forsaken- Keifer and Donald Sutherland
The Professionals- Lee Marvin, Burt Lancaster
The Salvation- Mads Mikkelsen
Return of the Magnificent Seven- Yul Brynner
Guns of the Magnificent Seven- George Kennedy (replaces Yul Brynner as Chris)- didn't know the Magnificent Seven was a trilogy
The Corrupted
Knockaround Guys- Dennis Hopper, John Malkovich, Vin Diesel (a lot of familiar faces in this movie)
Kill the Irishman- Ray Stevenson, Christopher Walken, Val Kilmer
Once Upon a Time in London
Robert the Bruce
All Nighter- Emile Hirsch, JK Simmons
Brawl in Cellblock 99- Vince Vaughn
Dragged Across Concrete- Mel Gibson, Vince Vaughn
Peppermint- Jennifer Garner

Shows
The Pacific- HBO mini-series
Peaky Blinders- first season
The Last Kingdom- four seasons
AG
I usually prefer shows over movies but due to the lockdown I've watched quite a few.

Here are the ones I remember:

Before Sunrise
12 Monkeys
Apocalypse Now
Honey Boy
American Honey
Mid 90s
13th
Greyhound
Ford vs Ferrari
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Legit question - what do you watch?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Been watching a ton of movies during the lockdown. Off the top of my head:

Woodshock
Into The Forest
American Honey
The Invisible Man
First Reformed
Contagion
Outbreak
12 Monkeys
A Ghost Story
Ghost Stories
Onward
The King of Staten Island
Bombshell
A Rainy Day In New York
Extraction
A Good Old Fashioned Orgy
The Wrong Missy
The Kissing Booth 2
Knockaround Guys
cp2011
AG
Have you watched Occupied? It's a Norwegian show (most of the dialogue is in English) about European energy politics. Having worked O&G in a past life, I enjoyed it

Edit to add: on Netflix
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Before trilogy is amazing. You seen Sunset and Midnight yet?
AG
Naw just the first one since it was added on HBO. Need to figure out where to find the rest.

I am a big Ethan Hawke fan.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I watched The Last Dance two months earlier than I would have.
Gig-Em2003
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Been watching a ton of movies during the lockdown. Off the top of my head:

Woodshock
Into The Forest
American Honey
The Invisible Man
First Reformed
Contagion
Outbreak
12 Monkeys
A Ghost Story
Ghost Stories
Onward
The King of Staten Island
Bombshell
A Rainy Day In New York
Extraction
A Good Old Fashioned Orgy
The Wrong Missy
The Kissing Booth 2
Knockaround Guys

Was is it a requirement that you primarily watch bad movies?
Ulrich
Black Mass (whoa, the cast is great)

Mr. Smith goes to Washington (Clarissa Saunders is a great character and I need to watch more movies from the 30s-50s, because I love how the ones that have stood the test of time are crafted)

Samurai Jack (I watched 4 episodes but I'm starting to wonder why I had it in my head that it was much more than flashing lights and colors)
Potcake
AG
Somebody Feed Phil
Ozark
Better Call Saul - started a week or so ago
West Point Aggie
AG
None that I can think of...nothing changed, entertainment wise...
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
From what I can remember ...

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark knight Rises
Marathon of Thor:Ragnorak, Infinity War, Endgame one Saturday recently
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
A couple of old and really bad Godzilla movies
Gods and Generals (extended edition)
Gettysburg (extended edition)
Glory
Greyhound
Midway (2019)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Song of the South
Contagion
Red
Red 2
Red Son (DC animated Superman as a Soviet hero)
Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice
Justice League
Dave
My Fellow Americans
The Firm
Wyatt Earp
Godzilla King of the Monsters
Pearl Harbor
Animal House
The Empire Strikes Back (at the local Star Cinema Grill a couple weeks ago)

The wife and I watched all of The Blacklist, and are closing in on the last two seasons of NCIS currently

Have my eye on the Man With No Name trilogy, Cold Mountain, Black Rain, Kingdom of Heaven (directors cut) over the next couple of weeks.
Complete Idiot
*****t's Creek

After Life

digging tunnels
AG
Ozark
Shameless - got a looong way to go. On season 2.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Rambo - Final Blood
MW03
AG

MW03
AG
Speaking of Kickboxer Retaliation, here is the 3-star review from RogerEbert.com

Quote:

The exceptionally fun martial arts beat-em-up "Kickboxer: Retaliation" is a very dumb, and very satisfying throwback to a simpler time when American action films were as predictable as they were formulaic. Journey back in time with me to the 1980s, a not-too-distant time that some genre fans remember as the salad days of "Kickboxer: Retaliation" executive producer and supporting actor Jean-Claude Van Damme. Yes, the 1980s, a bygone era of meathead cinema when fool-hardy but determined white men routinely beat the oddsand their opponentsin exotic Asian locales, all in the name of personal vendettas.

"Kickboxer: Retaliation" is that kind of crowd-pleaser, a movie whose creators probably think they're bringing back "old school" values and techniques to modern-day audiences. Realistically, this film is the kind of reliable cinematic comfort food that only hardcore fans are aware of thanks to the vagueries of the Direct-to-Video and Video-on-Demand markets. "Retaliation" may not be formally dazzling, or even intellectually stirring. But it's got some personality, and it delivers a lot of basic pleasures that genre fans will go nuts for.

Understanding the plot of "Kickboxer: Retaliation" isn't especially vital to your enjoyment of the film. But it is worth noting that this is the first sequel to "Kickboxer: Vengeance," a promising 2016 reboot of Van Damme's serviceable 1989 vehicle. This time around, good-natured American fighter Kurt Sloane is played by Gabonian martial artist Alain Moussi. Moussi is a graduate of the School of Totally Fine But Mostly Unmemorable Stuntmen Turned Action Stars. He's ok, just don't expect a lot of emotive heavy-lifting from him.

At the beginning of "Kickboxer: Retaliation," Moussi's version of Sloane is immediately kidnapped and wrongfully imprisoned in a Bangkok jail by evil Thailand-based fight promoter Thomas Moore (Christopher Lambert). Sloane initially refuses Moore's invitation to participate in an upcomingand seemingly unbeatablefight with a 400-pound mountain named Mongkut (Icelandic strongman Hafpor Julius Bjornsson). But then Moore kidnaps Sloane's girlfriend Liu (Sara Malakul Lane). And that's when things get personal. And by "personal," I mean "you've seen this story a million times before, and know exactly what comes next."

Still, what "Kickboxer: Retaliation" lacks in originality it makes up for in sheer chutzpah. This movie's creators are as relentlessly eager to please as a bed-wetting newborn puppy. Each new scene has at least two or three thrilling and/or unusual things that target audiences will adore. Start with a bar-setting prison fight scene that appears to be (but is almost certainly not) shot in one long take. Moussi is put through his paces, running up stairs, and knocking about a slew of disposable opponents. It's a well-choreographed, and dynamically shot set piece. And when it's over, Mike Tyson, playing a surly inmate, shows up. Tyson, who recently had a small but memorably out-of-left-field role in sturdy martial arts flick "Ip Man 3," is just self-aware enough that his character stands up and growls to Sloane that his brawling "interrupted my meditation." That alone earns a big laugh. Then Tyson chases Moussi down a hallway, and tries to knock out our hero. Even this action scene is pretty well-staged, and shot.

Eventually, it becomes impossible to separate the film's minor pleasure from its major ones. Who could say no to Lambert, lustily throwing himself into the role of a villain whose main duties include sitting in a chair, making threats, and cackling at violence? Lambert has always excelled at this kind of low-stakes, high yield supporting role.

And how about Van Damme, reprising his role as Durand, Sloane's Mr. Miyagi-type mentor? Van Damme gets an entrance worthy of a great star: his back is to the camera, so he gets to spin around like he's Derek Zoolander delivering his signature "Blue Steel" look. In fact, Van Damme's Durand is so cool that he is, as the song goes, wearing his sunglasses at night. We soon learn why: Moore's heavies blinded Durand, leaving his peepers a ghastly shade of white. I know, right? And I didn't even mention the scene where Lambert throws a table at Tyson!

These charmingly eccentric incidental pleasures wouldn't mean much if the action scenes in "Kickboxer: Retaliation" weren't good to great. Thankfully, there are a handful of technically polished, and even emotionally involving scenes, including Moussi and Bjornsson's big fight. This sequence delivers because its creators play up the brutal spectacle of watching Bjornsson, a literal giant of a man, thrash Moussi, a relatively tiny Caucasian African native, within an inch of his life. Then Tyson, who hasn't done much throughout the rest of the film, gives Sloane some generic Yoda-like inspirational advice through voiceover narration. Now Sloane knows what to do: he puts on a blindfold. You don't have to be a fan of the original "Kickboxer" to know what's going to happen next. But you'll probably cheer anyway.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you it's awesome, but it's awesome.
raysh
Just watched Once Upon A Time In Hollywood through https://torrentsites.com/. And loved it! Quentin Tarantino movies are always so much fun to see in a theater. Half the fun of seeing with a crowd is experiencing the audience reactions
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
scoob, trolls world tour, scary buddies (talking golden retrievers), the best seasons of the bachelor, dancing with the stars hosted by Queen Trainwreck, more episodes of puppy dog pals and tots then I feel comfortable admitting. The compilation on YouTube of the 11ft8 Bridge was a nice find though.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

I really haven't gone back and watched many older films - except a couple of things my adult kids made me watch because of their nostalgia or cult obsession:

The Emperor's New Groove
Movie 43

I watched several newer releases from 2019 I might not have otherwise, did not see them in theaters:

Ford v Ferrari
Rambo: Last Blood
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Toy Story 4
Uncut Gems

And I watched several streaming releases that came out during COVID:

Palm Springs
Weight of Gold - HBO doc with Michael Phelps
Hamilton
Newsies
Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga

I've still got so many unwatched streaming shows that I am not seeking out old movies.
Post removed:
by user
West Point Aggie
AG
Ok I have to add that way back in Dec I had the misfortune to watch WW84, one of worst and stupidest movies in recent memory. Had they not released movies on HBO Max and theaters as part of covidiocy, I would have completely missed this waste of time.
Post removed:
by user
Ibarra
I'm watching Dynasty right now. The new season is out. Watched almost everything that was interesting for me on Netflix. Has anybody uses vpn to get some unusual content? I've recently installed vpn with the help of the tutorial from this website. But don't get how to find movies from abroad. Does it have to be some special app or sth?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.