Favorite Alice in Chains Songs?

3,600 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Josepi
boy09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't know if any of you are familiar with these guys on Youtube. They've done about 10 or 12 Alice in Chains songs/videos over the past year. They've done a ton of other great rock/heavy metal music also. Just interesting to see someone's reaction to hearing these songs for the first time.

62strat
AG
dude on the left is an AIC fan for life.
NoahAg
That's fantastic.
superunknown
AG
Bleed the Freak
Brother
Rain When I Die
It Aint Like That
Don't Follow
redline248
AG
I love those guys. Watched a few of the AIC and Rage against the machine, and all of the tool ones. They have a 40 min review of Invincible, and I think Pneuma's is 38.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Watching that video and their reactions to the song is the same reactions I have to this day, and I've listened to the song thousands of times probably.
chimpanzee
Their unplugged album was great. I was listening to it while detailing my car in the driveway one time and my dad (a long time church choir nerd) overheard it and asked sarcastically, "who is this Morticia and the Graveyard Three?", but then he stopped himself and said, "you know these guys harmonize really well".

As others mentioned, Layne didn't seem to be doing well during this show, missed lyrics in a couple of places, but had it down by muscle memory enough to put out a good show.

My favorite...

bigjohn1
AG
Tough to narrow down to 5:

Would?
Them Bones
Got Me Wrong
Down In A Hole
Heaven Beside You

As an aside on this topic:

I remember seeing Ozzy on his "No More Tours" original retirement tour at Starplex in Dallas. The opening act was Alice in Chains.

This was right after Layne had broken his leg (in a skiing accident, if I remember correctly) and they had a Living room setup on the stage complete with recliner and couch. Layne would sit on the various pieces of furniture throughout the show because he could not put weight on his leg. Meanwhile, Jerry and Mike would flop, tumble, and sit on the other pieces of furniture while playing and Layne was singing. It was a crazy visual, but was an amazing set and they sounded great.

One of the best live performances I have ever experienced - and they were the opening act!

JCA1
AG
Saw them at Lollapalooza in 93 or so. Came out to Would playing behind a sheet and a grappling rope. Sheet dropped when the drums came in after the bass intro and there they were. Very cool. I even caught a hat from Jerry Cantrell, although I have no idea what I did with it.
Aust Ag
AG
redline248 said:

Been diggin' this song, a lot, lately

That last couple of minutes.....Layne! Wow!!
Aust Ag
AG
JCA1 said:

Saw them at Lollapalooza in 93 or so. Came out to Would playing behind a sheet and a grappling rope. Sheet dropped when the drums came in after the bass intro and there they were. Very cool. I even caught a hat from Jerry Cantrell, although I have no idea what I did with it.
Remember his Dad coming out for Rooster? In Houston, at least.
T Durden
AG
Aust Ag said:

JCA1 said:

Remember his Dad coming out for Rooster? In Houston, at least.

I do...sorta.
maca1028
1. Got Me Wrong
2. Down in a Hole
3. Don't Follow
4. I Stay Away
5. No Excuses
whiskey02
AG
Rooster and Man In The Box never get old.

A lot of the other great ones have been discussed.

I do like the rare ones that aren't on albums...

A Little Bitter
Fear the Voices

Mad Season is also great if you want more Layne Staley.
4stringAg
AG
Sea of Sorrow
Angry Chair
Again
Them Bones
Man in the Box
Tormentos
AG
This live performance of Sorrow is sick...cantrells tone is insane.

Mookie
AG
Can we include mad season?

Nutshell and the classics, all have been mentioned.
Yellerjacket
bigjohn1 said:

Would?
Them Bones
Got Me Wrong
Down In A Hole
Heaven Beside You

I remember seeing Ozzy on his "No More Tours" original retirement tour at Starplex in Dallas. The opening act was Alice in Chains.

This was right after Layne had broken his leg (in a skiing accident, if I remember correctly) and they had a Living room setup on the stage complete with recliner and couch. Layne would sit on the various pieces of furniture throughout the show because he could not put weight on his leg. Meanwhile, Jerry and Mike would flop, tumble, and sit on the other pieces of furniture while playing and Layne was singing. It was a crazy visual, but was an amazing set and they sounded great.

One of the best live performances I have ever experienced - and they were the opening act!

I was there with you, buddy! Sounds like you remember more of it than I do, unfortunately. I was pretty wasted.
Josepi
AG
Yellerjacket said:

bigjohn1 said:

Would?
Them Bones
Got Me Wrong
Down In A Hole
Heaven Beside You

I was there with you, buddy! Sounds like you remember more of it than I do, unfortunately. I was pretty wasted.

I saw them in San Antonio when Blind Melon opened for AIC who opened for Ozzy. That was an amazing night. The worst part was Zach Wyldes 10 minute solo. Other than that it was fantastic.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.