Foreign tv shows

725 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by FightinTexasAg15
atag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lately I have been enthralled by some good foreign dramas on Netflix. Crash landing on you (kdrama) might actually be my favorite all time show. No American show has ever given me the feels like that one. Watching velvet right now (spanish) and its addictive albeit not as strong as cloy. Anyone else have any recommendations for some good foreign shows? I prefer series over movies.
proudest member of the fightin texas aggie class of 2005.
oragator
Some here.

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3122901/replies
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
DARK
oragator
Beyond the Korean shows, two spanish ones-
Money heist which has been talked about a fair amount here.
High seas - a whimsical melodrama about intrigue, murder, and other things aboard a cruise ship sailing from Spain to Brazil just after WW2. States the girl form Pan's Labrynth all grown up now. 2 seasons, they are allegedly making seasons 3 and 4.
RichardSplet
Babylon Berlin is a great pre-WW2 crime/political drama on Netflix (German with English subtitles)
gggmann
AG
I watched a couple of Polish series on Netflix that were ok: The Woods and The Mire.

I watched an Icelandic series, The Valhalla Murders, which was pretty good.
Spore Ag
White lines, a Spanish first series of 10 episodes. Done by the same folks as Money Heist. Like Money Heist starts out very good the spins with no real direction.
Stumpknocker
Marcella

The Fall

MAROON
AG
The Tunnel is excellent
Max Power
AG
Peaky Blinders
Top of the Lake
Sex Panther
AG
Dark fa sho

I'm watching Spaced right now on Hulu. British comedy from 2000 starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, and all directed by Edgar Wright. So if you like Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, it would be right up your alley. I love it.
Sex Panther
AG
gggmann said:

I watched an Icelandic series, The Valhalla Murders, which was pretty good.

I just watched the trailer for this. I'm interested... I went to Iceland last year and am a little obsessed with it. I'm guessing the show is about how they don't know how to handle a case like this? Cuz I'm pretty sure there is maybe one murder in Iceland a year. So the idea of a serial killer there would be pretty insane.
WP69
AG
Das Boot
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Dark
Into the night
Kingdom
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.