Wow...Kelly Preston Dead...

6,383 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Died at age 57.

She'd been battling breast cancer for two years.
Fairview
AG
Whenever I see her I always think about her role in Twins (pic below) with Arnold and Danny DeVito. I didn't put together until tonight that she was also in Space Camp.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Big Al 1992
AG
Mrs. Jerry Maguire.
Trident 88
AG
Absolutely gorgeous ta-tas, and she seemed very nice, too.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
I just saw this on Twitter.

I had no idea she was sick.

She was th definition of a classic beauty. Just an absolutely gorgeous woman. And from what I've read, she was an even better person.

Travolta has had a rough few years. He lost a child and now his wife. So damn sad.

RIP Ms. Preston.
YouBet
AG
Damn. That is awful.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
woke up to this news. at one time she was in my personal opinion the most beautiful woman in the world. and even in recent years was aging so so well.

crazy they were able to keep this a secret for 2 years. I'm at MD Anderson all the time and she was being treated there.
Stive
AG
The wife, kid, and I watched For Love of the Game yesterday morning and we ended up talking about her for a bit. Pretty weird to see that headline last night.
Fall92
AG
Damn. She and Elisabeth Shue were my top two from the 80's. Need to go watch Mischief again.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
yeah this was stunning and out of the blue - they were keeping it private.

So sad really.

Not that beauty is everything but I was always just so amazed at her natural striking beauty. And she never was quite that box office draw, always the wife or love interest to someone it seemed but she was always memorable in her scenes and roles.

In retrospect the fact that she had not done anything since 2018 and that was filmed in 2016 to early 2017 should have been a clue. Not that it matters I'm glad it was kept private for her family.

Tanya 93
Zombie Jon Snow said:

yeah this was stunning and out of the blue - they were keeping it private.

So sad really.

Not that beauty is everything but I was always just so amazed at her natural striking beauty. And she never was quite that box office draw, always the wife or love interest to someone it seemed but she was always memorable in her scenes and roles.

In retrospect the fact that she had not done anything since 2018 and that was filmed in 2016 to early 2017 should have been a clue. Not that it matters I'm glad it was kept private for her family.

Yep

I know her kids had to have appreciated keeping this out of the limelight so every day with mom is a memory of the family
oragator
For a long time they lived near Gainesville, thought they still did. He actually had a full runway on his property to accommodate his jet. But Travolta's letter References MD Anderson which I think is your way.
But was always a fan of hers, she just had the " Nice" vibe around her. For the love of the game is a great example.
I respect the family keeping it private, but really did make it a surprise when I saw it today.
Stive
AG
I think the first movie I watched with her in was Twins. She made my 11 year old brain think about some interesting things.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Fall92 said:

Damn. She and Elisabeth Shue were my top two from the 80's. Need to go watch Mischief again.
In many ways, this was a far more impressive film in 1985 than Back to the Future. Doug McKeon probably tried to get them to film this scene 800 times because no way it was getting better than that.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Fall92 said:

well about 2.5 minutes of it anyway

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Stive said:

I think the first movie I watched with her in was Twins. She made my 11 year old brain think about some interesting things.

The car scene....those long legs. She was gorgeous.
Stive
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Stive said:

The car scene....those long legs. She was gorgeous.

The hotel scene when Arnold has no idea what to do....mmmmmmm
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Bird Poo
AG
The jerry McGuire scene. You know the one.
annie88
AG
Yes I was surprised as well very sad. She was engaged/involved to/with several Hollywood men. Charlie Sheen, George Clooney and Travolta.
TCTTS
AG
Her and Travolta's relationship always kind of depressed me. He's 100% gay (I've heard too many stories, some of them first-hand), and he was also responsible for turning her on to Scientology (my guess is Cruise helped as well, during their Jerry Maguire days). I don't know if she was still a Scientologist when she died, but she was hard core into it at least a few years ago. Regardless, the whole thing with Travolta just never made any sense to me, and I wish she never got caught in his web. It feels like she could have had a much bigger career later in her life, or could have at least led a more normal life, relatively speaking.
dave94
AG
TCTTS said:

Her and Travolta's relationship always kind of depressed me. He's 100% gay (I've heard too many stories, some of them first-hand), and he was also responsible for turning her on to Scientology (my guess is Cruise helped as well, during their Jerry Maguire days). I don't know if she was still a Scientologist when she died, but she was hard core into it at least a few years ago. Regardless, the whole thing with Travolta just never made any sense to me, and I wish she never got caught in his web. It feels like she could have had a much bigger career later in her life, or could have at least led a more normal life, relatively speaking.

I get the Scientology thing being weird but it seemed like she was happy, had kids, and lived a good life. Whatever we've all heard and read about that doesn't mean that her life or career were wasted by it. Plenty of actors decide to choose family over career so I think it's a little insensitive to say that.

I know you don't mean to come off that way, but I think it's best to leave that unsaid.
Tanya 93
TCTTS said:

Or maybe she had the life she wanted

Do you say Phoebe Cates and Bridget Fonda could have had bigger careers when they decided to step away for family?
oragator
Yeah in the UF boards there are folks that knew them because they lived in Ocala. Most folks said they were a normal down to earth family. Some folks there babysat for their kids, saw them around town or did fundraisers with them. So maybe, even if she compromised on marrying a man who might have liked men on the side, he gave her what she wanted in life. She got to live a relatively normal anonymous life with her kids well away form Hollywood.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
TCTTS said:

Being married to a woman I doubt he's 100% gay. He could just be bi.
TCTTS
AG
You guys are probably right. She did seem happy. I just absolutely despise Scientology, and some of that "happiness" came across as being somewhat brainwashed at times. And yes, Travolta could very well be bi, I just know he's really, really, really into men, and that Scientology's origins are steeped in homophobia. Still, I obviously don't know the whole story, and I probably shouldn't have said anything.
GoAgs92
AG
He probably figured, well if any woman can turn me straight its her

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Regardless, f Scientology.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Wait, this guy at into dudes?

Big Al 1992
AG
First thought was we wondered if she was doing normal standard of care treatment for her breast cancer or some Scientology voodoo treatment for her disease. Regardless still way too young.
bonfarr
AG
She was so hot in Mischief, great movie.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

First thought was we wondered if she was doing normal standard of care treatment for her breast cancer or some Scientology voodoo treatment for her disease. Regardless still way too young.
Same here. That's the first thing I thought after the shock of hearing it. Hope she didn't get to MD Anderson too late. Oh well, she was an adult and made her own decisions. Honestly by all accounts though she seemed like a sweet soul and if there's an afterlife, I hope she's happy and comfortable over there .
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.