Watching Lost for the first time.

10,414 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
Johnny2Fan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Twisted show and I'm lost already. They gotta be dead.
heddleston
AG
Just enjoy the ride and the characters. If you get too caught up in figuring out answers you'll just get mad.
ElephantRider
AG
I wish I could watch Lost for the first time again
Duncan Idaho
The ending makes it all worth it.

The schadenfreude I felt from the disappointment my annoying coworkers felt at the ending made every second I had to listening to them yammer about that show worth it.
Girlhowdy
AG
Thoughts and prayers
oragator
Haha,

I liked the ending. Lots of people also misinterpreted what it meant too which led to a lot of the consternation.

Overall though yeah lots of show threads went nowhere, some made little sense...but I still loved it when it was over.

rhutton125
AG
I thought about getting the wife into Lost. Curious to hear your thoughts and how it holds up these days.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Some of the best ass on network TV led by dirty island kate
Bruce Almighty
AG
For all it's faults, I loved it. First show I ever watched live from beginning to end.
Johnny2Fan
Ben seems to be the center peg to the show. With Jack running a close second. All about synchronicities...
Fairview
AG
I also loved that show and liked the ending. I feel like it was the first of the modern type of shows and if it was on today wouldn't be on a network.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Great show, one of my favorites.
rosshoss00
AG
I've never been hooked so fast on a show. From the first 10 minutes I knew I would watch every episode. Didn't love the ending, but the show was great.
ElephantRider
AG
One of my favorite show endings of all time.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Don't play the "Walt" drinking game or you'll die of alcohol poisoning during the first season.

TriumphForks
AG
One of my favorite shows ever. During its original run following the threads and the fan theories was almost as fun as the show itself.

It gets kind of weird towards the end but the show still holds up IMO.
Tobias Funke
AG
You and I must have a different definition of "twisted"...
BCSGrubber
AG
This topic allows me to remind everyone how Redstone sucks for spoiling the season 3 finale
Drawkcab
Rewatching it myself. I'm on season 3 episode 8. I forgot how long it took for The Others to come along and start playing a big role. In fact, I've forgotten a lot of this stuff, and I never did watch the last 2 or 3 seasons so I'm looking forward to them.

Enjoying it!
tk for tu juan
You should read the Lost threads as you progress thru the episodes. The weekly theories between each episodes really added to the experience

EDIT: This might be the Season 1 thread each season's thread got better as more people watched the show
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ran into Michael Emerson on the streets of NYC (he was walking his dog), and he was nice enough to take a picture with me. Very cool of him.

The S3 finale was one of the best twists I've ever seen, of anything.

"The Constant" is still a top 10 episode of TV for me.

My college roomates and I were all huge fans and would debate/theorize about show for a good hour or so after every episode. And the threads on here were always a lot of fun.

The ending left a few questions unanswered, but overall I enjoyed it and got very emotional at the last shot of the show.

I wish I could watch it for the first time again.
tk for tu juan
Drawkcab said:

Rewatching it myself. I'm on season 3
During the work from home period, I was also rewatching it and got to the middle of season 3. During the season 1 rewatch it was amazing how everyone's backstory would suddenly enter into my mind the first time you see each one on screen.
Chipotlemonger
AG
The Constant.

I almost want to watch the series again just so I can see this episode in the middle of it all.
Yoda
AG
We started a rewatch with my two oldest kids last week. It's fun watching them experience it for the first time. Episode we watched tonight was S2 E5... the best thing Anna Lucia ever did.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
OP don't read this.

I used to have to record it and watch it when I got home from work later at night.
The episode where Ben takes Locke to the cabin to meet Jacob was on one night.
I had all the lights off except the TV and I was watching it my old apartment where Ben does his theatrics about Jacob being in the chair.
I figured it was just more BS so I had gone to the fridge to get a drink when you hear "HELP ME" from the chair. I jumped about 3 feet in the air.
redd38
AG
The character development on this show is second to none. Even if you don't like the ending, the journey is worth several watches.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Hurley's origin story is the best episode.
PatAg
AG
I think no other show had as many amazingly quotable one liners and cliff hangers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redd38 said:

The character development on this show is second to none. Even if you don't like the ending, the journey is worth several watches.
This and Breaking Bad are tops in this regard.

BB had the advantage of only having a handful of main characters, whereas LOST developed 10+ characters.
CowtownAg06
AG
It's an all timer. In some ways it was the first show to really exist in the internet era and was influenced by that. I do remember one of the writers I followed using something called twitter for real time reactions to the finale. I thought there is no way this is sticking around.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I remember marveling at the people who could take these hi-res screenshots from their TV and post them online in a message board so we could see all the tiny details.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
LOST will go down as the first "internet" show on TV, where the online fan community was a huge part of both watching the show, and even influenced the writers.

I don't know when the "golden age of tv" is supposed to have officially kicked off, but I would put LOST in that first wave, along with Sopranos.
TriumphForks
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I remember marveling at the people who could take these hi-res screenshots from their TV and post them online in a message board so we could see all the tiny details.
*SPOILERS*

The map on the blast door. Spent hours looking at that thing.
CowtownAg06
AG
The black light map in Desmond's shelter was perfect for this. I picked that thing apart.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The age-old debate continues...

Clean Kate...

or dirty island Kate?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.