Korean shows on Netflix

1,454 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by The Debt
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Having run out of good shows to watch, I decided to give a few Korean shows a try and so far they have been good.

Most of them stick to one season, so they tell a story that is well planned and has a beginning and end. Not contrivances to stretch it out. The ones I watched are also straight forward good story telling , there aren't crazy plot twists. The look into the hierarchy over Asian culture is also really interesting.

I watched crash landing on you, which is very much a melodrama/comedy and more for women, but is well written. Currently at 8.8 on IMDB. Story of a wealthy South Korean woman who accidentally ends up in NK.

Currently finishing up My Mister, story of a man trapped in his life and a female subordinate with her own problems, as well as their families. Also very well written, 8.9 on IMDB.

Just starting one other (It's ok to not be Okay). Very different feel on that one, will see how it goes.

But would recommend giving some of them a try if you need something new/different - there are some time travel ones among other genres. Lots to choose from.
Fishing Fools
Kim's Convenience. If you like comedy made in Canada.

Oh and STOP!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/03EkZaqEtqMnKmp-3F9c3hvdg
Fishing Fools
And when you're thru with Kim's, watch Sch itts Creek.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/03EkZaqEtqMnKmp-3F9c3hvdg
Enzo The Baker
AG
Extracurricular - Covers smart HS kids getting involved with nefarious business. Not your typical k drama. We really enjoyed it.

Reply 1988 and 1995 - These are really good dramas with groups of friends that depict Korea of their respective times. Really good shows to watch if you want to learn about the culture.

Misaeng - A Drama looking into office life in Korea. A little depressing but very well done.

Kingdom - Fun period piece zombie show. 2nd season was better imo.

I also really enjoyed Itaewon Class although it's pretty cheesy.

Lots of good korean movies out there too.
atag
AG
Since you directed me here I have had two different coworkers recommend goblin to me. I'm gonna give that a go next.
proudest member of the fightin texas aggie class of 2005.
oragator
Finally finished up My Mister today, would recommend.
it has a BCS feel in that it's a slow burn, so when things happen, even small things they have a lot more impact. Great character development, nice human stories and the girl that plays Ji-An does a great job.
nai06
AG
Are you looking for K Dramas or just Korean shows?
Jinx
I really liked Because This is My First Life (romance), Itaewon Class (drama), and Memories of Alhambra (drama/action). I really want to watch Sky Castle.

As nai said, do you have a specific genre you're interested in?

Fightin TX Aggie
AG
We are currently watching Korean Odyssey.

It is difficult to describe. Sort of like a chick flick, but it has lots of comedy, and it involves the supernatural. Each episode is about 1.5 hours.

It also spoofs entertainment culture.
coldmoose
Fishing Fools said:

And when you're thru with Kim's, watch Sch itts Creek.
I like both of these shows.
The Debt
I watched #Alive.

I found it funny it was made by "Zip Entertainment"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.