New Metallica music 202X

4,572 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by K Bo
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's been hinted at from Lars a few times in recent interviews. Now, Last nights Metallica Monday he mentioned viewers commented on new mics on his drum kit (during his intro speech) and he said 'yes I have new drums mics set up here, and a talk back mic... I wonder what that means'

Now some words from Rob.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/rob_trujillo_confirms_new_metallica_album_is_under_way_talks_how_band_feels_about_making_music_in_lockdown.html

So seems it's Definitely in the works. Call this a placeholder thread. We waited over 8 years last time. Let's hope we get one in 4 this time.
HvilleAggie
AG
This news makes me tingle in good places
lazuras_dc
AG
Nice !

What're y'alls favorite tracks on the the two albums. I kind of fell of the Metallica bandwagon after St. Anger but they'll always hold a special place with me.
62strat
AG
Spit out the bone is the best heavy song they've done since the first 4 albums. Love moth into flame and atlas rise too.

Always thought most of death magnetic is killer, I Just phate the production. Wish they'd remix that and release it, apparently guitar hero version is, but I've never heard it.
Counterpoint
AG
When's S&M2 coming out? They keep pushing back the release date. I've been dying to get that one ever since we got back from SF!

True Anomaly
AG
Counterpoint said:

When's S&M2 coming out? They keep pushing back the release date. I've been dying to get that one ever since we got back from SF!

Man no kidding. I want to hear that guy do Anesthesia on that crazy instrument from a professionally-mixed production release
MookieBlaylock
AG
Yay
62strat
AG
Counterpoint said:

4:40 mark.. Lars has the special edition box set in his hands!

'Coming out in August' - Lars June 2020.
Know Your Enemy
AG
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-box-set-featuring-2019-performances-with-san-francisco-symphony-to-be-officially-announced-tomorrow/
62strat
AG
Last night on metallica monday, Lars said release is 'really ******* soon'. I'm thinking Aug.

I'm so excited to get this. Attended both nights, the theater screening, and now finally in my living room.
62strat
AG
August 28th for S&M2

https://www.metallica.com/store/sm2/?j=220443&sfmc_sub=3156992&l=329_HTML&u=5489301&mid=100013938&jb=197&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=200714_sm2
Tanya 93
Know Your Enemy
AG
I ordered the orange marble vinyl set. Didn't want to spend the money for the box set. Probably should have grabbed the blu ray too.
62strat
AG

62strat
AG

62strat
AG

MosesHallRAB04
AG
Wow. Brief clip of Anethesia pulling teeth in there. That will be awesome
62strat
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

oh it was awesome. I think it was easily contender for highlight of the night. Top 3 for sure.

I got a few seconds of James rocking out and Rob watching along during night 2.

Counterpoint
AG
62strat said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

oh it was awesome. I think it was easily contender for highlight of the night. Top 3 for sure.

I got a few seconds of James rocking out and Rob watching along during night 2.

Nice seats!
Cromagnum
AG
Counterpoint said:

End of August. Can't wait.

62strat
AG

62strat
AG
S&M and a new live metallica concert on the same weekend.

Sure!

https://www.metallica.com/encore-drive-in-nights.html?utm_campaign=encore

MGS
It's just dawned on me that Rob has been with Metallica longer than Jason was with them.
PuryearAg98
AG
MGS said:

It's just dawned on me that Rob has been with Metallica longer than Jason was with them.
Was Jason ever really "with" Metallica?
62strat
AG
MGS said:

By several years now. Jason was ~14 years, Rob is at 17.5.

Only two studio albums though.. kinda sucks for him in that regard.

Yet, Rob has 10 songwriting credits to Jason's 3?
True Anomaly
AG
62strat said:

MGS said:

I guess just a reflection of how much more "team oriented" their songwriting has been
62strat
AG
True Anomaly said:

62strat said:

MGS said:

I guess just a reflection of how much more "team oriented" their songwriting has been
not really.. for death magnetic they decided, for the second time after St A, to give all members credits on all songs. Only 2 of their 10 albums are like that, but I don't think their process was really any different than it always is though.

Hardwired was only hetfield/ulrich for all songs except 1 that Rob shares. (so he actually has 11, not 10)

The other 7 albums are always hetfield/ulrich with a 3rd or even 4th member sprinkled in.

James has songwriting credit on every song except anesthesia. Lars has it on every song except anesthesia and motorbreath.

Interesting tidbits of useless info.

True Anomaly
AG
62strat said:

True Anomaly said:

62strat said:

MGS said:

not really.. for death magnetic they decided, for the second time after St A, to give all members credits on all songs. Only 2 of their 10 albums are like that, but I don't think their process was really any different than it always is though.

Hardwired was only hetfield/ulrich for all songs except 1 that Rob shares. (so he actually has 11, not 10)

The other 7 albums are always hetfield/ulrich with a 3rd or even 4th member sprinkled in.

James has songwriting credit on every song except anesthesia. Lars has it on every song except anesthesia and motorbreath.

Interesting tidbits of useless info.

As a fan, I still appreciate Metallica deep-dives
MGS
62strat said:

not really.. for death magnetic they decided, for the second time after St A, to give all members credits on all songs.

Holy crap, so Bob Rock has more songwriting credits at bass than Jason?
62strat
AG
yeh.. but jason has black album credits.. his one song credit alone likely brings in more money than entire St A credits for Bob!

Then he has AJFA and L/RL
tk for tu juan
PuryearAg98 said:

MGS said:

Was Jason ever really "with" Metallica?
62strat
AG
T minus one week.

Metallica dropping now 4 videos on youtube, completely free, for a dvd they are selling. Good on them.

62strat
AG
Got my cd/blu ray in today.
Cromagnum
AG
62strat said:

Got my cd/blu ray in today.

Jamming the bluray right now
Counterpoint
AG
Who's that guy singing background vocals for some of the songs? I never noticed him from our "cheap" seats in SF.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.