Retro movies in theaters during Covid

1,916 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
See any good classics in theaters while they try to reopen?

Batman Begins in an Imax is always a treat even if it's been 15 years and I've seen it a hundred times. I think this theater is showing Nolan movies each week until Tenet releases. Next week's the Dark Knight in Imax will be especially fun.

What are yall seeing?
Gomer95
AG
I took my son to see Raiders of the Lost Ark and it was great! I was 8 when it came out but I never got to see it in the theater until last week. It was the first movie I ever rented after we bought a VCR lol. But seeing it on the big screen was awesome. I even saw a few things I've never noticed during my billion times of watching it at home!
AG
Jurassic Park is number 1 at the box office for the first time in 27 years due to replay viewings at drive thrus.
bonfarr
AG
I took my kids (11 and 9) to see The Goonies at the Santikos Palladium and told them it was a new release and they liked it. I couldn't tell them it was a re-release of an old movie from when I was a kid because then they would have hated it. Every time I try to get them to watch the classics they complain and say "aw this movie looks like its from the 80s" in the same way I complained about the old 1950s Westerns and Elvis movies my dad liked to watch when I was a boy.

It has been disappointing that they claimed to not like ET, Gremlins, Back to the Future etc. Tbe only one they claimed to like was Home Alone.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
#1 at the box office is

Jurassic Park

#2 is Jaws

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-jurassic-park-jaws-top-chart-steven-spielberg-bite-1299639
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Took my kids to see ET. at Star Cinema Grill 2 weeks ago and they loved it.
My brother and I saw The Dark Knight Rises last week at the same spot. My girls were born in 2012 as micro-preemies so I never saw TDKR or Avengers in the theater.

Star Cinema has all 3 Nolan Batmans out plus JP and Goonies. Starting Friday will have Avengers and all three LOTR.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I'm still waiting on the theaters here in Katy to actually re-open, but this is something that I've always enjoyed doing - seeing old movies back on the big screen despite having seen them many times previously.

Over the years, I've gone to see Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Alien, The Thing, all of the Indiana Jones movies (in one day, mind you), Jurassic Park, Jaws, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch. If I'm able to fit in the time, I'll head over to the Cinemark to sit through Blade Runner and Raiders of the Lost Ark again.

edit - they don't have Raiders listed, but they do have Back to the Future on the viewing schedule. Also the original Ghostbusters, which my kid would enjoy seeing. They aren't opening until 3 July.
hunter2012
AG
Seeing Interstellar tonight in an iMax is going to be sweet.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Star Cinema Grill rolling out Iron Man, The Lost Boys, 2017 Beauty and the Beast, Bohemian Rhapsody and Crazy Rich Asians starting Friday. Still showing Jurassic Park as well as Ghostbusters.
Sex Panther
AG
Seeing Jurassic Park at the drive-in tonight
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
I'd love to see Patton and The Searchers on the big screen.
Iowaggie
AG
Took the kids to see Bill Murray's Ghostbuster's at the Drive-In.

I can't say it held up really awesome even though I found it funny.
expresswrittenconsent
Iowaggie said:

Took the kids to see Bill Murray's Ghostbuster's at the Drive-In.

I can't say it held up really awesome even though I found it funny.

Yes, its true. This man has no dick.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.