Defending Jacob on Apple TV

1,801 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by fat girlfriend
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else watching this show? We got the free year of Apple TV+ when we bought new phones at Christmas, so we decided to redeem it during the COVID shutdown. Watched a few shows (Home Before Dark, Servant, and Truth Be Told) and thought they were OK, but this one has been excellent.

If any of you have the free year or are looking for something new to watch, highly recommend this one.
YNWA_AG
AG
Thought about watching this when the first episodes released but the reviews looked iffy. So i took a wait and see approach, I'll check it out later
Desert Power
AG
Wife and I have been watching it and have loved it so far. I didn't read any reviews until I had seen most of the episodes, and I don't agree at all with the reviews. I think this has been a great mini series. Can't wait for the last episode on Friday.
Gigem314
AG
Just finished episode 2 and really liking it so far.
ConroeAg
I'll jump on the bandwagon and say that if anyone is on the fence about starting it...do it, I like it a lot.

All of the performances are great, and overall it's well done. I still haven't read any reviews, but I don't know how they could be negative.

If you like this kind of show, you'll like this show.
fig96
AG
Just got a new iPad so I've got an AppleTV sub I haven't done anything with yet. This is on the list after the Beastie Boys doc and probably Amazing Stories because nostalgia.

Happy to hear other recs if you've got em.
aTm2004
AG
As I stated in the OP, this is our 4th show of theirs to watch, and by far, the best.

Truth Be Told was probably the best up until this, and if you like the true crime podcasts, you should like this one.

Home Before Dark...this one could have been really really good, IMO, but I couldn't help but just keep saying "that would never happen" over and over and over. Watch a few episodes and you'll know exactly why I'm saying that. Because of that, I didn't enjoy it as much as my wife did.

Servant...I enjoyed it, but it was weird. Wife hated it.

I'm down for any other recommendations to start after we finish this. Figured I'll enjoy the hell out of it while we have it and maybe renew when the time comes if there are some shows that leave us hoping for a season 2.
fig96
AG
Thanks!
The Milkman
AG
The Morning Show was fantastic
evan_aggie
AG
Great mini series. Just finished it.

fat girlfriend
I thought the show was just okay, but the acting, from top to bottom, was the best I've seen on TV since Lonesome Dove. The grandad and the boy were just perfect.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.