2020 Metal Thread - New Releases

3,755 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Roll the Bones
gggmann
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Hearing Dream Theater reminds me of my first year on the high school drum line. The drum line captain and another dude were big Dream Theater fans and would always play Under the Glass Moon on any drum near them during idle times in practice. Damn rhythm is stuck in my head

I saw Dream Theater open for Yes back in '04. John Petrucci and Steve Howe in the same night- bliss.
mazag08
AG
gggmann said:

tk for tu juan said:

Hearing Dream Theater reminds me of my first year on the high school drum line. The drum line captain and another dude were big Dream Theater fans and would always play Under the Glass Moon on any drum near them during idle times in practice. Damn rhythm is stuck in my head

I saw Dream Theater open for Yes back in '04. John Petrucci and Steve Howe in the same night- bliss.

It's ridiculous to me how generic 80's hair band musicians are treated like Gods while people like this are considered underground.
Tormentos
AG
Since Covid got rolling i have been heavy into a band out of Perth, Australia....Voyager. Clean vocals, great catchy riffs, and synth...I consider it kind of a prog synth metal. Check out the last two albums Ghost Mile and Colours. Check out the following songs (in no particular order)...

ASCENSION
Ghost mile
Lifeline
Runaway
mazag08
AG
Tormentos said:

Since Covid got rolling i have been heavy into a band out of Perth, Australia....Voyager. Clean vocals, great catchy riffs, and synth...I consider it kind of a prog synth metal. Check out the last two albums Ghost Mile and Colours. Check out the following songs (in no particular order)...

ASCENSION
Ghost mile
Lifeline
Runaway

I'm a huge Karnivool fan. Are they anything like that? Or more traditional prof?
Roll the Bones
AG
New Fates Warning just dropped yesterday! Best prog metal band in history and still putting out great stuff.

TP Ag '87
AG
Great recommendation. Listened to both of the last two albums and really like a lot.
diamondag
Good reviews about 80's Metal Band new CD

From San Antonio with a old School hard heavy sound is Byfist

I'm really liking this CD

tk for tu juan
Also have a 40th anniversary re-imagined/re-recorded Diamond Head "Lightning to the Nations" album coming up at the end of the month

Big Cat `93
AG
I'm listening to this right now. Stellar work. Jim Matheos is so dang underrated.

And I second Voyager. Chaos Divine is another Aussie band I dig.
62strat
AG
Surprised no mention of the couple SOAD drops two weeks ago.

We talk about Tool and their 13 year gap.. for SOAD it's been 15 years!

Roll the Bones
AG
A new Vanden Plas video just came out. I can't recommend this band enough to the prog metal fans.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.