****The Last Kingdom - Season 4****

6,076 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OleArmyBQ68
brew82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I also have a question. I thought Uhtred had 3 children from Gisela. Am I wrong? Season 4 had only the two.
Madmarttigan
AG
brew82 said:

How'd I miss this show? I just binged all 4 seasons the past week or so, every season was fantastic. Beocca might be my favorite character of any show. Wise, kind, tough, loyal a very honorable character.

It feels kind of under the radar because of Vikings, but is so much better than Vikings.
AgGrad99
AG
brew82 said:

How'd I miss this show? I just binged all 4 seasons the past week or so, every season was fantastic. Beocca might be my favorite character of any show. Wise, kind, tough, loyal a very honorable character.

I'm with ya. Beocca is my favorite character from the show.
Madmarttigan
AG
You might want to spoiler tag that, seems like some new people are hopping on this show and was spoiler tagged earlier in the thread.
AgGrad99
AG
Don't know how to do that on mobile. I just edited it.
Bunkhouse96
AG
brew82 said:

I also have a question. I thought Uhtred had 3 children from Gisela. Am I wrong? Season 4 had only the two.

They have cut a lot out of the books and condensed characters. By the events that take place in season 4 Utred has already disowned his eldest son and renamed his second son Utred in the books, it looks like the series is going to combine the two sons into a single character.
Trident 88
AG
Bunkhouse96 said:

brew82 said:

They have cut a lot out of the books and condensed characters. By the events that take place in season 4 Utred has already disowned his eldest son and renamed his second son Utred in the books, it looks like the series is going to combine the two sons into a single character.
Here's the answer:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.radiotimes.com/news/on-demand/2020-05-01/the-last-kingdom-season-four-uhtred-youngest-son/amp/

Quote:

Marchant added: "So, we really felt that we were introducing Uhtred's two children, we also had Aelfwynn and Aethelstan who were caught up in all the action, and just that it would be one character too many. We don't like to deviate from the books, we like to keep the characters and the essence there, but sometimes it just doesn't work. But that's not to say that we couldn't see them in the future."

That suggests Uhtred's youngest son could well appear further down the line, if The Last Kingdom season five gets green-lit. In the meantime, fans are free to speculate on where he is now, with one popular theory being that Hild is keeping him safe.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Season 5 confirmed.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Great show, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I had this show confused with Vikings so I never gave it a second thought. Awhile back I watched a couple of episodes of Vikings and didn't really care for it so I thought this show was supposed to be similar but I am glad I was wrong.

So far I am halfway through season 2 and it is good to hear from people here that each season gets better and better because I thought season 1 was excellent and 2 is coming along nicely.
Madmarttigan
AG
Build into the end of season 3 is still the best part. Particularly interactions between him and Alfred.

Season 4 may just be a natural step down because season 3 was really good. May just need to find its footing again.
dcAg
I thought his first child died when using witch craft to save Alfred's son?
jabberwalkie09
AG
dcAg said:

I thought his first child died when using witch craft to save Alfred's son?

I believe that was the child with Mildrith and these are his children with Gisela.
Mumbo Jimbo
i watched all (4) seasons in a week

awesome
redline248
AG
How many of you were as surprised as I was that Aethelflaed's assets were so prominent at the beginning of the season? Damn.

Has Utred upgraded every time he got a new woman?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
redline248 said:

How many of you were as surprised as I was that Aethelflaed's assets were so prominent at the beginning of the season? Damn.

It's a contest for me between Gisela and Skade
FL_Ag1998
AG
Champ Bailey said:

redline248 said:

It's a contest for me between Gisela and Skade

Oh, Skade wins this contest by a mile.
OleArmyBQ68
AG
Just binged all 4 seasons. Great story and production. Can't believe I'd never heard of this until Netflix "recommended" it. Long wait now for Season 5.
Did not start using closed caption until Season 4. Highly recommend using CC.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.