TV writers on what their characters would do in a pandemic...

1,551 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Al Bula
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is so good. A few of these legitimately made me laugh out loud. Be sure and click on the full 30 Rock version...

https://www.vulture.com/2020/04/if-i-wrote-a-coronavirus-episode.html

Yoda
AG
He'll be fine.

Humorous Username
AG
Kenneth's horse comment is dead on.
Capitol Ag
AG
The Curb one was spot on too. Same with Frazier.
Al Bula
AG
I have no idea what most of those sitcoms are as I don't find much on the big networks watchable. Network-approved humor (and nearly all content) is terrible.

This comment however is spot on. I swear it is a real episode.
Quote:

Jerry gets stranded at gig in Atlantic City and the only ride back to NYC is the tourist bus to Chinatown.

Kramer and Newman set out to find a hidden postal stash of hand sanitizer and disinfectant spray. Kramer goes overboard and all his body hair falls off. Newman still has to deliver the mail and is weary of a few residents along his route whom recently returned from China.

Elaine self quarantines with Puddy, who comes down with mild symptoms at which point Elaine locks Puddy in the janitor closet only to later find that she has the virus and Puddy had the common cold. At which point Elaine tries to apologize, Puddy rejects her apology calling her a "germ infested Devil woman"

George is stuck in Queens with his parents who continually argue over cleaning and sterilizing methods. Too stressed to deal with the situation, George goes for a walk, where he meets a woman in a similar situation whom he tries to sneak into his bedroom at his parents house. He succeeds at getting her inside but intimacy is an issue while hearing his parents yell at each other all night.

Jerry's parents, in Florida, pay little to no attention to the warnings and continue to live life normally with 4pm dinners and 6am breakfasts. Jerry tries to warn his parents about it but Morty just keeps saying "I didn't sell raincoats for 35 years to be taken out by some virus from the Orient." Jerry says "I don't know what that means" and cringes at his fathers use of the word "Orient"

J. Peterman charters a flight to WuHan in order to procure "The Ancient Chinese Lady Face Veil" to bring back to New York and take advantage of the shortage of face masks.

Uncle Leo has no idea whats going on, contracts the virus but is asymptomatic, becomes a super spreader and becomes target #1 by the NYC Coronavirus task force.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.