*** Greyhound ***

8,837 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
OldArmy71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I subscribed just to watch this movie and then cancelled.

I enjoyed that very much. Extremely intense. I would have liked to see it in a theater.

I don't know where the US finds such men and women. All of the heroes of that war and of all our wars.
GIF Reactor
AG
Really enjoyed this movie. Took 1.25 hours to get signed up for Apple TV+, but it was worth it.
AggieLumberjack
AG
I enjoyed it. My grandfather (Class of '41) was captain of a submarine chaser and made multiple crossings of the Atlantic. I heard all the stories but it was nice to see what it was like for him depicted.
Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

Watched this and Midway this weekend. Enjoyed both.
I did the same.
Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

Really enjoyed this movie. Took 1.25 hours to get signed up for Apple TV+, but it was worth it.

I saved time by just calling one of my daughters - got it going in maybe 3 minutes
Bruce Almighty
AG
It took my 3 minutes to sign up and 3 hours to watch it. It kept pausing to buffer despite Netflix, Prime, etc all working fine.
schmendeler
AG
I enjoyed it a lot and got exactly what I wanted out of it. That said, it's not much more than motion picture translation and condensation of a bunch of **** happening in a war time oceanic crossing. There's not much being offered for anyone that isn't already there to see pretty realistic ship battles. For example, the wife was "meh" towards it.

That said, I'd gladly watch anything else of this sort with this level of quality that Tom Hanks wants to put out.
GIF Reactor
AG
Hey Nav said:

Quote:

I saved time by just calling one of my daughters - got it going in maybe 3 minutes

If you're already deep in the world of Apple, it wouldn't have been too bad. But silly me for thinking the "sign up for free trial" on the Apple TV+ webpage would take me in the correct direction. I wound up having to go to another Apple site to sign up for an Apple ID, inputting payment info there, signing in on our Fire stick, donating 1 kidney, heading back to the fire stick to log in to the app, which told me I have to have an iTunes account to buy anything, even if it is a free trial. Signed up for that, donated kidney #2, came back and restarted the fire stick, re-logged in. Apple chat had no idea how to navigate this, but the awesome dude on the 1-800 number figured it out. Incredibly ridiculous procedure that should be streamlined at that first website.
double aught
AG
Really good stuff. Like others, I thought the 1.5 hour run time was a plus. Now, time to read more about the Battle of the Atlantic!
htxag09
AG
I really enjoyed the movie.

My one complaint was why did they have to play the whale like noises everytime they showed a submarine? It was annoying and loud as hell
jeffk
AG
How else would you know the U-boats were under water?
Bruce Almighty
AG
I kinda liked the whale noises.
The Sparrow Prince
Whales humping. Do you even red October brah?
Thomas Little
AG
If you listen to the Dan Carlin Hardcore History podcast, he did a great interview with Tom Hanks about the movie. The interview was about an hour which I guess makes almost as long as the movie.

It was pretty interesting how knowledgeable Tom Hanks is about history. He talks quite a bit about that and some interesting things in the movie like the terminology they used and the challenge of trying to make it where the audience would understand how the ship functions and the terms they use.
schmendeler
AG
Thomas Little said:

If you listen to the Dan Carlin Hardcore History podcast, he did a great interview with Tom Hanks about the movie. The interview was about an hour which I guess makes almost as long as the movie.

It was pretty interesting how knowledgeable Tom Hanks is about history. He talks quite a bit about that and some interesting things in the movie like the terminology they used and the challenge of trying to make it where the audience would understand how the ship functions and the terms they use.
yeah, i found this to be very enjoyable as well. not your usual famous celebrity interview.
PatAg
AG
Random sighting of Minkus from Boy Meets World towards the beginning. He asked for Tom Hanks' helmet
PatAg
AG
Don't even bother reading anything on Reddit about this movie. Reddit is not what it used to be.
YouBet
AG
Finally watched this evening. Great movie. Very intense and loved the shorter run time for once.

Not sure why Elizabeth Shue was even in this film. Also, she looks, sounds, and acts exactly the same in everything she's in these days. Our only conclusion for her being in it was to show how Hank's character was forced to rely on his faith to get through his mission since she shot him down in the beginning.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.