Marcus King - El Dorado

1,206 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Goat Man
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know we have some Marcus King Band fans around here but his new solo album is a bit different than what we've come to know of MKB. It's got bits of the same old blues rock but also some country, soul, and even a bit of gospel mixed in. Curious as to what everyone thinks of it. I'm only a few listens in but I'm really digging it. This kid has ridiculous talent and is putting out a lot of great music in such a short time span.
goadius6
AG
Huge MKB fan here, i agree the solo album is a different, i definitely prefer the MKB stuff over it so far.

I don't dislike the new solo album, has some slower songs that are nice but think his voice struggles a little more on those. Some songs still shred
Know Your Enemy
AG
A couple of my favorite tracks

JYDog90
AG
I'd never heard of him but Chris Shiflett just interviewed him on his podcast, Walking the Floor.

Here ya' go.

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cDovL3dhbGtpbmd0aGVmbG9vci5saWJzeW4uY29tL3Jzcw&episode=YTM0OTMxNzctYjQ0ZC00MGE0LThlOWQtNDY1YWVkNjdjZTlm&hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwi_ppHCvbnnAhUEbq0KHRadD-0QieUEegQIChAE&ep=6
Know Your Enemy
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
Goat Man
AG
Yeah I really dig El Dorado all the way through. I agree it is a departure from Marcus King Band but overall it has a similar vibe. Nothing like Kevin Galloway's first solo album after Uncle Lucious broke up. That was a helluva change up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.