Kobe Bryant - Dear Basketball

2,429 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DanHo2010
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those who have never seen it, and also those who have...

Kobe's Oscar-winning, animated, short film - "Dear Basketball" - is the best 4 minutes you'll spend on this tragic day

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gkjqd

Music by the great John Williams
TCTTS
FightnFarmerUSMC
jetescamilla
double aught
AG
Thank you for posting this. I had never seen it before. How sad to watch it now. And the music is beautiful.
Aggies76
AG
Another thank you here. This brought tears on this awful day.
BurnetAggie99
Never seen that before thanks for posting
amercer
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
DanHo2010
AG
In 2017, I went to see John Williams conduct the LA Philharmonic at the Hollywood Bowl. About halfway through the show, in between the movie standards we all expected, John just starts talking about this time he met Kobe, had lunch with him, etc, and then Kobe called him up a few months later with a project, and it was this short. Then he says, "and here to perform the narration, Kobe Bryant", and that place LOST it, I mean a venue full of Star Wars nerds went absolutely bonkers when this guy walked out. Completely unannounced appearance. They played the film on the screen, Kobe did the narration live on stage with John Williams conducting the score live. One of the coolest things I've ever seen or will ever see on stage.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Thanks now I'm crying.
twilly
AG
I was at that show too.

Hotter than hell that night in the Bowl. It was truly a beautiful moment when Kobe was narrating his film, with William's music playing behind him.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In case the other link is down for anyone else:

LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Thanks for the video links.
schmendeler
AG
DanHo2010 said:

In 2017, I went to see John Williams conduct the LA Philharmonic at the Hollywood Bowl. About halfway through the show, in between the movie standards we all expected, John just starts talking about this time he met Kobe, had lunch with him, etc, and then Kobe called him up a few months later with a project, and it was this short. Then he says, "and here to perform the narration, Kobe Bryant", and that place LOST it, I mean a venue full of Star Wars nerds went absolutely bonkers when this guy walked out. Completely unannounced appearance. They played the film on the screen, Kobe did the narration live on stage with John Williams conducting the score live. One of the coolest things I've ever seen or will ever see on stage.
well ***** if that's the one that coincided with the UCLA game, I had tickets for that. my house flooded the weekend before so I didn't make it out there. that's a bummer.
DanHo2010
AG
Yeah that was it. It was a great weekend, even though it was super hot like the poster above said and the Ags lost in such a bad way. John Williams concert on Friday, Western Michigan vs USC at the Coliseum Saturday, Ags vs UCLA Sunday, and Dbacks vs Dodgers Monday. That was the game where J.D. Martinez hit 4 HRs. Here's my fuzzy zoomed-in picture of Kobe and John Williams from my bad seat.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.