The Circle - Netflix

1,731 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
TheDraw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Friends suggested that we watch this show for just dumb entertainment and I have got to say it has me hooked in.

Premise....

Within the show, contestants are isolated with their own apartments, and can only communicate to the other contestants via "The Circle", ostensibly a computer program which transcribes their messages into text as if in a social media app. Contestants are thus able to present completely different identities to the others to hopefully win them over. Every so often, the group of contestants are asked to rate their fellow contestants, with the top vote-getters becoming the "influencers" of the Circle, giving them the power to "block" one contestant from the circle, eliminating them from the game.

There have been catchfishes and the people that get eliminated get to visit one person from the circle in their apartment for confrontation or fun.
Punked Shank
AG
Gf started watching this show while i was away on a trip. She texted me about and thought it sounded dumb.

Watched an episode when i got back home and got embarrassingly hooked. You really start liking some of the contestants.

Fun Fact: this was originally a british show. They lie to you and say its filmed in Chicago. Its actually filmed in London. They go as far as covering the outlet wall plugs so you cant tell.
TheDraw
AG
coastsrs said:

Gf started watching this show while i was away on a trip. She texted me about and thought it sounded dumb.

Watched an episode when i got back home and got embarrassingly hooked. You really start liking some of the contestants.

Fun Fact: this was originally a british show. They lie to you and say its filmed in Chicago. Its actually filmed in London. They go as far as covering the outlet wall plugs so you cant tell.
Yep, it is trash television but I am hooked. Currently working on finishing it. Some great characters on there!
expresswrittenconsent
The thread seems a couple of weeks late.
It was a fun show once you get past the dictation aspect. I think the first 2 episodes felt like 'work' but by the start of ep3 I was enjoying it.
TheDraw
AG
Played a sloppy game, but she was hot. Didn't buy anything about her being into other contestants.

HTownAg98
I tried to watch this and just cannot. It's like if you took the dumbest contestants from Big Brother and gave them fake social media.
bonfarr
AG
Are they actors in a mock reality show or is it a real reality show?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
expresswrittenconsent
bonfarr said:

Are they actors in a mock reality show or is it a real reality show?

You might be looking for The Joe Schmoe Show.
nai06
AG
I watched the previews and it looks awful. I just cant get past the previews
TheDraw
AG
nai06 said:

I watched the previews and it looks awful. I just cant get past the previews
Just watch the damn show. Previews look horrific but you will be hooked by episode 2.
TheDraw
AG
Also, this is turn your brain off humor.
Punked Shank
AG
HTownAg98 said:

I tried to watch this and just cannot. It's like if you took the dumbest contestants from Big Brother and gave them fake social media.

Youre not completely wrong. I cant watch BB but this was manageable.
johnrth
Im not understanding how there will be a winner when they continue bringing new people in..

And some of these people are horrible actors. But there are a few people who are quite funny
TXAGBQ76
AG
"It's like you took all of the Big Brother contestants..."
FIFY
Tanya 93
This is a texting only big brother?
expresswrittenconsent
Tanya 93 said:

This is a texting only big brother?

Pretty much.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.