TobyMac's son died of an overdose

1,754 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aggies76
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fentanyl and amphetamines.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/2020/01/22/tobymac-rep-son-truett-mckeehan-died-of-accidental-overdose-in-nashville/4539864002/

I must have missed the news in November, didn't know he had passed until TobyMac released the "21 Years" video.

I owned the VHS tape of the DC Talk "Supernatural" tour, it release I believe in 1999 or 2000. There was a segment where Toby spent a lot of time talking about his toddler son and how much joy he brought.
Not a Bot
AG
Quote:

McKeehan is one of 424 people who died of drug overdoses in Davidson County last year, with 64 percent of those deaths involving fentanyl, Metro Public Health Department records show.

PlanoAggie
AG
Very sad indeed
Aggies76
AG
So sad. I was a huge DCtalk fan and remember stories of Toby and his little boy.
AW96
AG
So very sad. We heard about Truett's passing the day it happened on local radio, but I hadn't heard the official cause yet. Our whole family loves Toby Mac and we've taken our middle son to see him twice in concert. They've loved all the songs Truett had on the albums and were very shocked. Continued prayers for their family.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Aggies76 said:

So sad. I was a huge DCtalk fan and remember stories of Toby and his little boy.
Also big DC Talk fan as a kid. Sad story for sure.

He's got a bunch of TX tour dates coming up:

Beaumont - Jan 30

Belton - Mar 24
Lubbock - Mar 26
El Paso - Mar 27
San Antonio - Mar 28

When I was looking up the dates the other day I was surprised to see how big of venues he's playing across the country.

https://www.jambase.com/band/tobymac

HollywoodBQ
AG
Damn that kid was really going for it.
Quote:

In addition to fentanyl, a toxicology report found McKeehan had adderall and marijuana in his system at the time of death.
Tragic
Aggies76
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Aggies76 said:

Also big DC Talk fan as a kid. Sad story for sure.

Of the 3 guys, I've enjoyed Toby Mac's career after DCtalk the most. His music never fails to put me in a good mood. What a heartbreaking time for him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.