Amazon Prime added Supermarket Sweep

2,051 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CharlieBrown17
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
that is all.

actually I just realized theres a reboot in the making

https://deadline.com/2019/08/leslie-jones-host-supermarket-sweep-reboot-fremantle-multiple-networks-pursuing-abc-nbc-fox-netflix-1202705704/
Not a Bot
AG
And there's my new binge watch, folks

Loved this show as a kid. Haven't watched it in probably 20 years. Will be interesting to see the prices of all of these items and how things have changed. All I remember was that the meat was the most expensive sing. Seems like it still is.
gigemJTH12
AG
Haha same on all accounts. Those gold wrapped hams were MONEY
Zemira
AG
OMG I used to love watching this as a kid.

I will have to watch some of this by myself so none of my friends make fun of me.
SkiMo
AG
That dude sounded like he had a handful of marbles in his mouth when he talked... but I loved that friggin show
62strat
AG
Whenever I'm in the checkout line and I hear that beep.. this is what I think of.

Used to watch this one along with another that was shopping focuses.. ship till you drop? I don't even remember.
gigemJTH12
AG
yep shop till you drop. They came on back to back. loved them both.

90's TV was awesome
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
People besides old ladies actually watched this show?
Bunk Moreland
Fun Fact...the only Geo Trackers ever produced were for winners of Supermarket Sweep.
Bunk Moreland
Leslie Jones will likely make sure the reboot is unwatchable.
gif
Yelnick McWawa said:

Of course! What else do you watch when you stay home from school because you were "sick"?
TXTransplant
Oh I Like That said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

Of course! What else do you watch when you stay home from school because you were "sick"?

In addition to Supermarket Sweep: Win, Lose, or Draw, Hollywood Squares, Tic-Tac-Dough (the dumb person's Jeopardy) and Press Your Luck.
SkiMo
AG
I used to love Name That Tune as well
62strat
AG
TXTransplant said:

Oh I Like That said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

In addition to Supermarket Sweep: Win, Lose, or Draw, Hollywood Squares, Tic-Tac-Dough (the dumb person's Jeopardy) and Press Your Luck.

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
TXTransplant said:

Oh I Like That said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

you forgot The Price is Right and Barker's beauties. Almost as good as the J.C.Penney catalogue
TXTransplant
Sarduakar said:

TXTransplant said:

Oh I Like That said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

you forgot The Price is Right and Barker's beauties. Almost as good as the J.C.Penney catalogue

Call me a blasphemer, but I never really liked TPIR. I pretty much only watched it when there was absolutely nothing else on.
Al Bula
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Leslie jones? LOL. They must want this to fail! It's like the creators asked themselves who is the scariest, unfunniest comedian that needs a job?

Yeah, I'm out.

AtlAg05
AG
The Price is Right, Gilligans Island, Mr Belvedere and some Alf were on my rotation during the summer. Then the soaps would come on and it was time to do something else.
Carlo4
AG
OPs article is from August 2019. Anything more recent?
expresswrittenconsent
Shife said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Leslie jones? LOL. They must want this to fail! It's like the creators asked themselves who is the scariest, unfunniest comedian that needs a job?

Yeah, I'm out.

Leslie Jones is scary to you? What is it about her that you find to be "scariest"?
Vernada
AG
The wife and I found this and lots of other old game shows a while back. It made for some funny late night.

Watching the cringe worthy old Family Fueds with that dude that kissed all the women. Lol.
Pahdz
Richard Dawson is a national treasure
CharlieBrown17
AG
Bump since I'm watching because of this thread right now
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.